NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

LOC install

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-21, 01:24 PM
OGraham99
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LOC install

Hey all, has anyone installed a line out converter on their NX300?? I have the 8 speaker system, looking to get a little more bump. Should I splice in before or after the amp??
I have 2021 NX300 F sport
Old 07-14-21, 02:15 PM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

Received 182 Likes on 169 Posts

I used a AudioControls LC2i for a sub output on my NX200t. I tapped after the OEM amp since I did not integrate a DSP. If you go DSP route, probably better to tap before the OEM amp as I assume you're going to get rid of it.
The following users liked this post:
OGraham99 (07-14-21)
Old 07-14-21, 02:34 PM
OGraham99
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexuswiz
I used a AudioControls LC2i for a sub output on my NX200t. I tapped after the OEM amp since I did not integrate a DSP. If you go DSP route, probably better to tap before the OEM amp as I assume you're going to get rid of it.
Not using a DSP, just a LOC I got off Amazon. I'm not getting rid of the stock amplifier, I don't have any sub outputs coming from the amp in my model. Can I just wire both positive inputs and both negative inputs from the LOC into one set of door speaker wires coming out of the amp? Trying to minimize the amount of wires I tap in to.

Here's part of the wiring diagram for speakers after the amplifier, should I tap into that lonely front speaker on the right of the image since there's no additional speakers connected to it like the rears? Or should that not matter?
Old 07-15-21, 04:59 PM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

I would not do that personally, you lose out if the song uses the balancer to add effects. I would tap both fronts speakers as those are full range. The OEM amp is in the worse place possible, since you're going to hate getting to it, might as well spend the extra time do two extra taps......
OGraham99 (07-19-21)
Old 07-19-21, 12:50 PM
OGraham99
Driver School Candidate

I would not do that personally, you lose out if the song uses the balancer to add effects. I would tap both fronts speakers as those are full range. The OEM amp is in the worse place possible, since you're going to hate getting to it, might as well spend the extra time do two extra taps......
I installed before seeing this, but I did end up tapping into both since I was already right there and splicing in the wires was probably the easiest part. But all in all, subs installed and sounds amazing 👍🏼 huge difference since now I'm able to get alot of bass and door speakers sounds exceptionally better while louder since they don't have to pump out bass anymore.
Old 07-19-21, 05:24 PM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

Congrats on that! I bet it sounds great as mine is night and day different also. On top of the new sub, I disconnected the OEM sub as all it did was rattle my license plate (also dynamat'ed that). Any pics of your install?
OGraham99 (07-20-21)
Old 07-20-21, 09:36 AM
OGraham99
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on that! I bet it sounds great as mine is night and day different also. On top of the new sub, I disconnected the OEM sub as all it did was rattle my license plate (also dynamat'ed that). Any pics of your install?

Lexuswiz (07-22-21)
Old 07-20-21, 11:37 AM
End1ess
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

@OGraham99 did you tap power from the car battery?
Do you have a picture on the OEM AMP?
I am thinking remove the spare tire and add a sub there.
Old 07-21-21, 06:53 AM
OGraham99
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by End1ess
@OGraham99 did you tap power from the car battery?
Do you have a picture on the OEM AMP?
I am thinking remove the spare tire and add a sub there.
Yes, I ran a power cable with a fuse all the way to the battery along the driver side of the vehicle. The remote wire is wired into the accessory wire going into the factory amp so it powers on when the car powers on. I thought about putting a sub where the spare tire goes, but it's not flat down there so fitting would be difficult. Also didn't want risk not having a my spare with me. I used to drive a lifted truck daily, so I'm still not used to having to avoid the curbs and massive potholes lol.
End1ess (07-21-21)
Old 07-22-21, 05:48 PM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

Love it! My amp was too long for the seat back so it had to go under the seat. Nightmare to get it, and it's going to be a nightmare to get out lololol

OGraham99 (08-04-21)
Old 07-24-21, 02:12 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by OGraham99

HIGHLY recommend you to use some rubber amp mounting feet/spacers to lift that amp off the carpet. The RP amps from Skar are EXCELLENT budget amps, but they are still lower quality chinese amps that will get EXTREMELY hot if not mounted properly (like here in your case). All the cooling for the Skar RP amps are on the bottom of the amp. If not slightly raised, there's no way the heat can escape out of the amp, and you'll have a blazing hot amp, and eventually with send the amp into protect....and do that enough, you'll have a dead amp, sooner than later!
Btw, I've install THOUSANDS of these amps😎. Keep 40-50 of them in stock at all times. That mistake byouade is one 75% of customers I see make when installing themselves. Just take a few seconds and unscrew the amp and check out the cooling on the bottom of it! Good luck!!

V.
OGraham99 (07-28-21)