NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Thoughts On Deals On 2021s As New Generation Is Coming Out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-21, 05:45 AM
zebox
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Thoughts On Deals On 2021s As New Generation Is Coming Out?

Considering the state of the auto industry and people paying about MSRP for cars I would like to hear thoughts about deals on 2021's as the new NX is coming out.

I don't really care about the new features in Gen 2 - touchscreen is irrelevant to me. There are some downsides to Gen 2 including the fact that they have switched to run flats and there is no spare tire. I would not buy a first year car no matter who makes it though Lexus may be better than most.

Do you all think there will be deals on 2021's as the dealers will want to clear them out for the 2022s?
The following users liked this post:
Robb79 (11-10-21)
Old 11-06-21, 06:50 AM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

I brought this up on the 2nd Gen Forum. I don’t think the 450h will be available for awhile. The 350 will have a brand new motor. So that leaves the 250 to purchase.

My local Lexus has a handful of each models. And about 15 RX and 20 or more NX.

So a 2021 300 F-Sport is going for 47k MSRP. Is 5k off of MSRP enough the December to Remember enough to purchase a 2021?
Old 11-06-21, 09:27 AM
zebox
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXWes
I brought this up on the 2nd Gen Forum. I don’t think the 450h will be available for awhile. The 350 will have a brand new motor. So that leaves the 250 to purchase.

My local Lexus has a handful of each models. And about 15 RX and 20 or more NX.

So a 2021 300 F-Sport is going for 47k MSRP. Is 5k off of MSRP enough the December to Remember enough to purchase a 2021?
Found your post. There are quite a few valid points about the new models:

-New engine
-New electronics (touch screen, electronic door handles both in and out, etc...)
-Run flat tires
-No spare tire
-Hybrids are going to very tough to come by for a long time.

I have been looking at Leuxs for few months now. Started out looking at the IS but realized that I cannot have a car without a hatch. So I started looking at the NX. 5K off of MSRP sounds pretty good to me in this environment. Lexus has a stellar reputation for reliability but I still wouldn't roll the dice on a new model the first year. I know the touch pad annoys many but for me its a nonissue.

Something I have observed in the last year - all the fancy electronics are going to be the bane of cars. Regardless of brand almost all he car companies are having a lot of aggravation with the touch panels.
Robb79 (11-10-21)
Old 11-07-21, 07:36 AM
Vlad6525
Pit Crew

Received 123 Likes on 74 Posts

Our local DFW dealers aren't discounting a penny off their new cars and that includes MY21 NX. In fact some add on "preferred package" worth about $2700 to the price ("preferred package"="price gouge" with a lipstick...) I called up one dealer and asked them to explain what exactly was in the preferred package and they said "dealer add-ons" I pressed further "what exactly did you add there?" and was told to just come in and they will explain it to me in details. I looked at the sticker and all the usual add-ons like mats, wheel locks, cargo net, key gloves etc etc were already listed in the sticker price so you know they're full of ****** and simply adding the markup on top of the MSRP. Lexus corporate site says MY22 is arriving soon, but none of our area dealers know exactly when they hit the lots. NX450+ will only be available initially in states like CA and maybe a handful of others, so the bulk will be 250s and 350s and compared to similarly equipped MY21 they're anywhere between $5k and $7k higher. Reliability of 1st Gen has been proven, while 2nd Gen is still a suspect. I know it's a Lexus and even the worst Lexus will be more reliable than BMW but still we didn't want to be guinea pigs testing the latest electronics' reliability and just pulled the trigger on an almost fully loaded CPO 2021 NX300h. It had 9k miles on it when we bought it cause it was a corporate loaner vehicle, but we got an extra year of warranty with L-certification and dealer not only discounted an additional $1000 off the price, but also tinted our front side windows, put a film on the hood and installed cross bars for free, which is pretty much another $1k in add-ons, so we're very happy with what we got and hope it will be a good car to drive for the next 4-5 years at least.
Old 11-07-21, 09:22 AM
zebox
Driver School Candidate

The Lexus dealers here are being evasive about pricing. They are not putting additional stickers on the windows like some brands. They won't quote you exact prices until you get to the end of negotiation - the answer they are using is that MSRP is "the starting price". The Audi dealer I use has a $3500 "market adjustment" regardless of model. They were boasting that people were GLAD to pay it. I almost laughed in his face. Thanks but I am not going to play. The car bubble is going to pop up at some point and I am not paying over MSRP for any car.
The following 2 users liked this post by zebox:
LexMan2003 (12-28-21), Robb79 (11-10-21)
Old 12-26-21, 10:48 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

My local dealer still has 2 2021 NXs on the lot. An atomic F-Sport and a White 300.

Im still waiting for the 22s to arrive. So far only one Miami dealer has pictures of one in the showroom. Hopefully this week we will see more.

On the 450h+. Toyota is coming up close on the 200.000 limit imposed for the 7.500 Tax credit. Once the limit is passed. You should see less demand for the Plug In. As the cost will be way more to than before. Especially in high electric bill states.
Old 12-27-21, 09:29 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 479 Posts

I wouldn't think dealers are going to mark down any 2021's. In fact if you go to Lexus's website I think they are giving $1000 off in rebate. Compare that to last year for example on my RCF and I not only got $6,000 in rebates from Lexus but the dealer matched it and I got $12k off my RCF from MSRP. I look now and if you want a 2021 you'd only get $1k off, dealer isn't marking anything down. We just had a friend go to the dealer and she asked if she could work the price and he politely told her that even thought they are not marking up vehicles with stupid dealer markups, there is no wiggle room. If she chooses not to buy the vehicle that's perfectly OK, and as much as they would like her to buy from them, there are 4 other people in the showroom waiting for her to say no so one of them would buy it...etc.

Run flats suck, just change the tires to no runflats... I think I pay $100 a year via insurance for road side assistance/towing. If the tire goes, they tow the car on a flat bed. Totally agree on you with the not buying the first year. I hope there aren't major issues and I hope they tweak it when they see fit/get feed back from folks.

-Nigel
Robb79 (01-03-22)
Old 12-27-21, 06:41 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Still no 2022s here at my local Dealer. And the 2021s are still listed for sale.

As far as issues with the new model. The RAV4 is still having issues. And the generation has been out since 2019. Toyota just fixed the remote access on it with an updated app.

That was one of my concerns. The increased amount of systems that rely on Lexus to keep running. I know on my last Lexus. It just had the basic Enform system. And I had issues getting it start and stay working.

And now it will stop working soon because of the switchover from 3G.
Old 12-29-21, 08:21 AM
PearlNXt
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

With the current shortages and such high demand even for 2021 models of any car, I do not see deals to be had for a '21.