NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Leather or NuLuxe seats in this NX?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-21, 08:58 PM
morb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather or NuLuxe seats in this NX?

Hey!

I am trying to figure out whether our 2016 NX 200t has leather or NuLuxe seats. The dealer said that it's NuLuxe, but some sources online say that perforated and heated/ventilated seats are leather. I don't want to ruin them with the wrong care kit.

Does anyone recognise this trim?

Old 12-21-21, 03:29 AM
LexMan2003
Intermediate

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

You should (or certainly the dealership) be able to get a listing of the original sticker for the car, or other document that lists ALL of the specifics of the build. Another option is to simply register at the Lexus website - drivers.lexus.com - and there you can also see ALL of the specifics of your vehicle.

For my model year, 2020, I was surprised to find that the only way to get leather seats was to order the LUXURY trim line, which mine is not.

My 2020 has heated & ventilated seats. Not sure if they're "perforated".

Last edited by LexMan2003; 12-21-21 at 03:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
morb (12-21-21)
Old 12-21-21, 08:21 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 716 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by LexMan2003
You should (or certainly the dealership) be able to get a listing of the original sticker for the car, or other document that lists ALL of the specifics of the build. Another option is to simply register at the Lexus website - drivers.lexus.com - and there you can also see ALL of the specifics of your vehicle.

For my model year, 2020, I was surprised to find that the only way to get leather seats was to order the LUXURY trim line, which mine is not.

My 2020 has heated & ventilated seats. Not sure if they're "perforated".
I would echo these comments. My 2016 was NuLuxe. The only way to get leather in 2016 (in the US) was to get a vehicle with the luxury package. Oddly, that was also the only way to get rain sensing windshield wipers.
The following 2 users liked this post by TechNut:
GlenK (12-22-21), morb (12-21-21)
Old 12-21-21, 02:05 PM
morb
Driver School Candidate

Thank you both! Lexus website is brilliant. Specs don't include seat material, but the vehicle has the Premium Package (see screenshot).

Old 12-21-21, 02:52 PM
LexMan2003
Intermediate

morb, I believe what you've shown us is the item for the "Premium Package" found under the "Port or Factory-Installed Equipment" tab.

Go back in and expand the tab below that, titled "Standard Installed Equipment" and you should see "Nuluxe-trimmed power-adjustable front seats".

My hunch is you do not have leather.

I am a tad disappointed that I do not have leather. I enjoy that leather smell and suppleness, and I'm really unsure of how well this material will hold up over time. Of course time I mean time in reference to calendar days as well as hours/days spent IN the seat(s). There's also the person's (i.e. driver's) weight, frequency of entering/exiting the vehicle, and perhaps how they enter/exit the vehicle. I tried to research this (the durability of Nuluxe) and couldn't find anything to allay my concerns. From the little I've read, supposedly it will stand up over time just as good as leather.
Old 12-21-21, 03:31 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

We have a 2018 with Nuluxe and it has held up better than my other car with nappa leather.
NJLEXES (12-22-21)
Old 12-21-21, 03:34 PM
LexMan2003
Intermediate

Originally Posted by The G Man
We have a 2018 with Nuluxe and it has held up better than my other car with nappa leather.
Ok. But it's only been 3+ years. I typically keep my cars for a long time so I'd be curious about how it holds up after 10 years, for instance.
Old 12-21-21, 04:13 PM
morb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexMan2003
morb, I believe what you've shown us is the item for the "Premium Package" found under the "Port or Factory-Installed Equipment" tab.

Go back in and expand the tab below that, titled "Standard Installed Equipment" and you should see "Nuluxe-trimmed power-adjustable front seats".

My hunch is you do not have leather.

I am a tad disappointed that I do not have leather. I enjoy that leather smell and suppleness, and I'm really unsure of how well this material will hold up over time. Of course time I mean time in reference to calendar days as well as hours/days spent IN the seat(s). There's also the person's (i.e. driver's) weight, frequency of entering/exiting the vehicle, and perhaps how they enter/exit the vehicle. I tried to research this (the durability of Nuluxe) and couldn't find anything to allay my concerns. From the little I've read, supposedly it will stand up over time just as good as leather.
No information about this in the whole spec sheet unfortunately.

Standard features: 2.0 L Turbo 16-Valve DOHC, Dual VVT-iW 235 HP, 258 lb-ft Torque 6-Speed Automatic Transmission 17" Aluminum Wheels (225/65R17) w/All-Season Tires Location Specific Tire Pressure Monitoring System 8 Airbags- Driver: Front, Knee, & Side (3); Front Passenger: Front, Cushion, & Side (3); Side Curtain (2) Backup Camera Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EDB) & Brake Assist LED: Low Beam Headlamps (Halogen High Beam), Daytime Running Lights (DRL), Turn Signals, Door Handle Courtesy Lamps, and Tail Lights Vehicle Theft-Deterrent System Lexus Enform Safety Connect: Automatic Collision Notification, Stolen Vehicle Location, Emergency Assist Button (SOS), and Enhanced Roadside Assistance (1-year trial subscription included) 8-Speaker Lexus Display Audio System, HD Radio w/iTunes Tagging and Real-Time Traffic & Weather, USB/iPod/MP3 Control, SiriusXM Satellite Radio (3-month All Access trial subscription) Auto Dual Zone Climate Control Sys w/Rear Vents Driver Seat: 10-Way Power (including 2-Way Lumbar); Passenger: 8-Way Power Manual Tilt-and-Telescopic Steering Column Manual Reclining/Folding 60/40 Split Rear Seat SmartAccess Entry System w/ Push Button Start/Stop Electrochromic(Auto-Dimming) Inside Rear View Mirror Dark Umber Interior Trim 4.2" Full Color Multi-Information Display with Driving Information, Audio and Outside Temp Display Tonneau Cover / Carpeted Floor Mats

Old 12-22-21, 03:16 AM
LexMan2003
Intermediate

Probably Nuluxe then. Another option is to try to obtain the original marketing brochure. I found them, but only found back to 2018. Perhaps call Lexus corporate for assistance!

Still, I'd like to hear from someone who has the Nuluxe for several years (i.e. 2015 NX) and has driven over 100k miles!
Old 12-22-21, 07:03 AM
n0v8or
Intermediate

Received 157 Likes on 106 Posts

You can read or download the original sales brochure here:
https://www.auto-brochures.com/makes...%20NX_2016.pdf

Sales brochures for all recent Lexus vehicles are here:
https://www.auto-brochures.com/lexus.html
The following 2 users liked this post by n0v8or:
LexMan2003 (12-22-21), The G Man (12-22-21)
Old 12-22-21, 08:42 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 716 Likes on 524 Posts

The Premium package is NuLuxe. From my experience, the NuLuxe holds up better than the standard leather Lexus uses and would generally be my preference. I love the smell of leather, but it eventually shows the stretch marks from the animal hide. The NuLuxe in our NX looked just as good at the five year point when we traded it as it did the day we bought it. I might add that it looked much better than the leather in our last RX when we traded it after only three years. The NuLuxe is also easier to keep clean as it doesn’t experience as much dye transfer from jeans, and it is easier to clean when soiled.
NJLEXES (12-22-21)