NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Carista Options

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-22, 12:55 PM
jlfirehawk
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation Carista Options

For anyone interested I finally got my Carista ODB adapter today after two months of waiting from ECS, I took screenshots of the various option screens so if anyone else was curious before buying it what options it has. Kinda bummed that I did not find a way to turn on the parking lights while remote started which was the main reason I wanted it.

Old 01-24-22, 09:54 AM
LEXNXF
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Do these changes work on a 2017? What year is your car? I hate the seatbelt ding. LOL
Old 01-24-22, 09:55 AM
jlfirehawk
Driver School Candidate

Mine is a 2019 but I believe the options are the same across the first gen.
Old 01-24-22, 10:25 AM
LEXNXF
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice, I will have to give this a try!

Originally Posted by jlfirehawk
Mine is a 2019 but I believe the options are the same across the first gen.
Old 02-03-22, 04:47 AM
jlfirehawk
Driver School Candidate

Update on my experience so far: The Carista branded ODB reader has got to be the slowest ODB reader I have ever used. I thought I was playing it smart by purchasing their branded ODB reader but it is painfully slow. I still have the first month of the Carista App as a trial but I will not be paying for the subscription. There are other 3rd part ODB dongles that are much more expensive that Carista supports, i.e. $100-120 from what I found (the Carista branded dongle was $30 from ECS Tuning and took forever to get), I may consider buying one of those to test with. But as it stands right now I cannot say I would recommend at least the Carista dongle if you are going to try it. Yes it was worth it for certain functions like turning off the seat belt chime but outside of that I cannot say it really gives you much more option wise than what you can do via the menus in the car itself.
Old 02-22-22, 10:19 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Why pay carista a monthly fee when you can pick up at TIS cable and software on ebay for ~$30 and have access to all available options along with key programing and tpms programming etc. One time fee and most people already have a latop to install it on.
Old 02-22-22, 09:47 PM
jmatc
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gompka
Why pay carista a monthly fee when you can pick up at TIS cable and software on ebay for ~$30 and have access to all available options along with key programing and tpms programming etc. One time fee and most people already have a latop to install it on.
Please link where you can get the software on eBay, as i have conducted many searches and haven't even seen a listing.

If this was the case, everyone would do this.
Old 02-22-22, 09:57 PM
gompka
Racer

Originally Posted by jmatc
Please link where you can get the software on eBay, as i have conducted many searches and haven't even seen a listing.

If this was the case, everyone would do this.
Everyone that wants TIS does do this, unless you feel like paying thousands for a dealer setup. Almost any ebay listing you find has the software included, for example link
The following users liked this post:
jmatc (02-23-22)
Old 02-22-22, 10:52 PM
jmatc
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the link, so this listing includes the cable + the software? Is the subscription included? I would like to program an additional key fob and would like to change some settings around but I'm not sure if its possible with this listing.
Old 02-23-22, 05:12 AM
gompka
Racer

You don't need a subscription to program new keys, you do need another $10 key generation service, separate from TIS to program used keys.
jmatc (02-23-22)
Old 02-23-22, 08:12 AM
jmatc
Driver School Candidate

My apologies, a bit new to the community.
Could you walk me through the overview of how this is possible? I'd love to save the $225 that my local key maker is charging me to program these keys.

For the eBay listing above, does that include the cable and the TIS Software? Once the TIS Software is installed, does it require a subscription or is this a "patched" version that overrides the subscription requirement- allowing accessibility to all functions.

Also you noted that there is another $10 key generation service- do you have a link for that as well?

This is truly much appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 02-23-22, 08:18 AM
gompka
Racer

Originally Posted by jmatc
My apologies, a bit new to the community.
Could you walk me through the overview of how this is possible? I'd love to save the $225 that my local key maker is charging me to program these keys.

For the eBay listing above, does that include the cable and the TIS Software? Once the TIS Software is installed, does it require a subscription or is this a "patched" version that overrides the subscription requirement- allowing accessibility to all functions.

Also you noted that there is another $10 key generation service- do you have a link for that as well?

This is truly much appreciated, thanks in advance.
Just search the forum, there are countless threads describing the key process and TIS in general. To broadly answer your question the ebay listings are for the hardware and the software an no monthly subscriptions are required to use any of the functions.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics/973284-replacement-key-fob-diy-on-the-cheap.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDElMyfDxg4&ab_channel=WastingTimeInTheWoods

Just two of the many many many tutorials and pieces of information easily found on the internet.
jmatc (02-23-22)
Old 02-23-22, 08:21 AM
jmatc
Driver School Candidate

Absolute life saver, can't wait to try this on my week off! Thank you again man, Kudos!
Old 11-20-22, 11:54 PM
bullnobull
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Just received my Carista. Cannot get screen to disable adaptive front lighting system on my 2018 es300h or 2022 es300h UL,
what is this screen snap shot of? Is it the beta? mine is just not what yours is
thanks