NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Two iPhones paired at once causing a problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-22, 12:33 PM
TxTarheel
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two iPhones paired at once causing a problem

2019 NX, paired two iPhones with the bluetooth and labeled hers as the primary. If we are both in the car it pairs with both iPhones and selects the other as the primary, as it should. But in doing so it still has my phone locked on bluetooth and prevents me from hearing any audio over my phone's speaker, while watching YouTube, playing audio files or taking a phone call. I went into my phone settings and disconnected from the NX but about three seconds later it will reconnect. I cannot get it to ignore my phone. And I really don't want to start playing with the NX settings while riding in the car in order to either switch to my phone as primary or see if it will disconnect from my iPhone. So is there any other solution? We intended to listen to music files that are on my phone during a long road trip with both of us in the car but it looks like that is not going to happen.

Last edited by TxTarheel; 01-27-22 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-28-22, 01:33 PM
s3v3n
Instructor

Received 257 Likes on 201 Posts

Usually when you remove the car from iPhone BT settings, it won't reconnect by itself since there are series of steps before it can re-establish its connection.

My good guess would be your phone is plugged in to one of the usb ports inside the center storage. For plain charging, I use a cigarette lighter adapter.

I personally did not hook up any phone via bluetooth on my wife's NX, so any member of the family can use Apple Car play via tethering. We find it quick and easy.

On a side note: I also have the Lexion unit on the RC and have been using the wireless Apple carplay (also via bluetooth). It's flawless when it's working but there are times that it won't reconnect and it always happen when I need it most. So I decided to just leave the wireless(BT) alone and use a good old reliable usb cable - always works!

Last edited by s3v3n; 01-28-22 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-29-22, 10:15 AM
TxTarheel
Rookie

duplicate post

Last edited by TxTarheel; 01-29-22 at 10:18 AM. Reason: duplicate post
Old 01-29-22, 10:17 AM
TxTarheel
Rookie

Originally Posted by s3v3n
Usually when you remove the car from iPhone BT settings, it won't reconnect by itself since there are series of steps before it can re-establish its connection.

My good guess would be your phone is plugged in to one of the usb ports inside the center storage. For plain charging, I use a cigarette lighter adapter.
The phone was not plugged in at all. I was not using the files or car play, just trying to watch a Youtube video and realized I had no audio. I can make and receive calls and use the phone but cannot use the phone speaker or any other application that uses audio, only telephone calls. No notification sounds either. No ringtone, etc. And of course my phone calls and messages do not show up on the car, just hers. When I am the only one in the car it hooks up via BT just fine and I can play music files, etc. via bluetooth. I can use USB for car play. I did not try that when we were both in the car but I am assuming I could use it for any audio files and car play plugged in, like a USB device. Not sure about youtube.