NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX300 Interior Leaking

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-23, 07:37 AM
Mee123
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX300 Interior Leaking

NX300, 2019, leaking in the interior, near the overhead lights closest to driver's side and the driver's side curtain airbag. Brought it to the dealer and they could not find anything wrong with trim in sunroof, no clogs, or anything out of the ordinary. Dealership was trying to tell me the sunroof was open but it certainly was not. They gave me back the car and I told them it would happen again. That same evening sure enough leaks started again (this time took video to show them sunroof was completely closed). Dealership told me to bring it back in and now I'm waiting for an engineer from Lexus to do inspection since the dealership cannot figure out what's wrong. They also are trying to have me pay (through my insurance) to replace the wet carpet, but I think not! Anyone else have this problem??

Last edited by Mee123; 01-03-23 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-03-23, 08:08 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Mee123
NX300, 2019, leaking in the interior, near the overhead lights closest to driver's side and the driver's side curtain airbag. Brought it to the dealer and they could not find anything wrong with trim in sunroof, no clogs, or anything out of the ordinary. Dealership was trying to tell me the sunroof was open but it certainly was not. They gave me back the car and I told them it would happen again. That same evening sure enough leaks started again (this time took video to show them sunroof was completely closed). Dealership told me to bring it back in and now I'm waiting for an engineer from Lexus to do inspection since the dealership cannot figure out what's wrong. They also are trying to have me pay (through my insurance) to replace the wet carpet, but I think not! Anyone else have this problem??
Hi Mee. Sorry to hear about your problem. You might want to post this over the 1st Gen NX forum. It will be seen by more NX owners who may be of help. Good luck.
Old 01-03-23, 08:18 AM
Mee123
3rd Gear

Default NX300 Interior Leaking

Old 01-03-23, 08:21 AM
Mee123
3rd Gear

Ok thanks!
Old 01-03-23, 09:07 AM
n0v8or
Intermediate

Received 157 Likes on 106 Posts

If a sunroof drain hose has become detached, rather than clogged, the technician would not have detected any obstruction when blowing air through the drain. Refer to the attached images (drain connection marked by a red ellipse).
You can test this theory by filling a soda bottle with water, and then slowly pouring it into the left front corner of the sunroof.

The following users liked this post:
Mee123 (01-03-23)
Old 01-13-23, 04:51 PM
gompka
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I had this happen after getting the windshield replace, there was a tiny spot the sealant didn't get into that was causing a leaking only when stopped and with hard rain, it actually would not leak while driving. You can test for this by spraying soapy water around the windshield and blowing some compressed air around the inside of the windshield and looking for bubbles.
Old 09-18-23, 06:10 PM
JudiBooty
1st Gear

Default Me too

this literally happened to me starting last night. Exactly the same thing. Did you find out what the answer was?

Old 09-21-23, 07:11 AM
ramaz
1st Gear

Same problem, please advise if you find fix
Old 09-23-23, 03:06 PM
850R
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Check where the roof rails mount. On the 2019 RAV4 they have chronic roof leak issues that are caused by leaking gaskets at the location where the roof rail mounts go through the roof. The later vehicles, 2021 and later, have a new modified rubber gasket that cures those issues.
Old 11-10-23, 07:13 AM
mattGr
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My drivers was just clogged, going after rears as well so I can use a piece of string trimmer line to make sure all 4 are clear.
Old 06-13-24, 03:33 PM
annemaritj1
1st Gear

I had a leak from my NX300 2020 leaking from the top left glass and water coming through the indoor light panel on the driver's side. I called my Lexus service deartment and he also said that he had seen this issue before and it will cost $480.00 t unclog it. What do I do?
Old 06-13-24, 03:46 PM
mattGr
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by annemaritj1
I had a leak from my NX300 2020 leaking from the top left glass and water coming through the indoor light panel on the driver's side. I called my Lexus service deartment and he also said that he had seen this issue before and it will cost $480.00 t unclog it. What do I do?
I was able to fix mine!
get an air compressor with a rubber tip. Blow air in, they also have very long flexible automotive drain cleaner sticks online you can buy for a couple bucks. The tiny holes (about the size Of coffee stirrer sticks) are in the very front corners. Test your “fix” by dumping a bottle of water in the metal sunroof track and make sure it drains. Good luck!
Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM
tcharlesbateman
1st Gear

2021 NX300H - same issue as start of thread. Hard rain or car wash dripping down on either side of the overhead control cluster. Front drains are clear. Unsure about rear drains. On mine I think something is getting inside the ring around the actual roof and going straight into the headliner, meaning unrelated to the drain system. Appointment next week.