Fix for Driver Side Mirror Shaking TSB USA/Mexico

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-23, 09:11 AM
TheCDN
Intermediate

Received 162 Likes on 114 Posts
Smile Fix for Driver Side Mirror Shaking TSB USA/Mexico

I contacted NHTSA and they provided this link to download the TSB here:

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10230380-9999.pdf

This is for 2022-23 model years and seems to be only for USA and Mexico markets, but being a Canadian I'm going to show my dealership this and see what happens. I've already had a complete mirror assembly replaced and it didn't help at all. I'll keep you posted on how my next dealership visit goes.

Anyone interested in approaching their Lexus dealership with this TSB to get their shaking driver side mirror fixed, please let us all know how it went and if the repair solved your problem.

Last edited by TheCDN; 03-09-23 at 09:15 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by TheCDN:
Droid13 (03-09-23), harper7 (03-09-23), SgtLip (03-17-23)
Old 03-09-23, 04:39 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

My driver side mirror is also "shaking", dealer said it's normal to have a little wiggle wiggle lol
Old 03-09-23, 05:13 PM
LS500Fan
Instructor

Received 521 Likes on 320 Posts

My '21 RAV4 Prime had the shaky exterior mirrors. Apparently it wasn't super common but was a thing since 2019 and it's due to the mirror mounting area not being reinforced enough, the sheet metal is thin and wobbles..

I'm surprised Toyota didn't fix this when they designed the NX.
Old 03-17-23, 08:07 AM
DerekGX460
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Spoke to couple local dealer in NYC. They had no idea what I was talking about. Must be too new for them. I am waiting for other to report back with the final outcome. Thanks for the info
Old 03-17-23, 08:09 AM
DerekGX460
Driver School Candidate

Spoke to couple dealer in NYC. They had no idea what I was talking about with the new TSB. Waiting to see other member to report back with their final fix. Glad Lexus acknowledged their design flaws.
Old 03-17-23, 10:00 AM
aarongue6
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Brought my NX in to the dealer with the TSB. They acknowledged the issue and said that it was the mirror motor having too much play causing it to vibrate. They have the parts on order, will update once I get the car back.
The following users liked this post:
DerekGX460 (03-17-23)
Old 03-17-23, 11:36 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 209 Likes on 149 Posts

I'm keeping this in my back pocket until I pick up my 23 450h+ in early April. You never know if you'll need this.

THANKS for posting this.
Old 03-17-23, 12:17 PM
DerekGX460
Driver School Candidate

I noticed the driver mirror shakes 5 mins after picking up the Nx in the dealer. With 15 miles on the odometer.
The following 2 users liked this post by DerekGX460:
Aloha808 (04-17-23), SgtLip (03-17-23)
Old 03-17-23, 01:15 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 610 Likes on 412 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by lsft:
SgtLip (03-17-23), TheCDN (03-17-23)
Old 03-17-23, 05:28 PM
mbezzo
Pit Crew

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by aarongue6
Brought my NX in to the dealer with the TSB. They acknowledged the issue and said that it was the mirror motor having too much play causing it to vibrate. They have the parts on order, will update once I get the car back.
That's... fascinating because the TSB absolutely does nothing for the mirror motor? Like... that's not what the TSB fix is? Def curious to hear what they end up replacing and how it works!
The following 2 users liked this post by mbezzo:
New2025NX (06-04-24), SgtLip (03-17-23)
Old 03-17-23, 06:22 PM
LilyTiger
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mbezzo
That's... fascinating because the TSB absolutely does nothing for the mirror motor? Like... that's not what the TSB fix is? Def curious to hear what they end up replacing and how it works!
Same here, I’m also waiting to see what people say about the fix before I have them digging into my door. Really curious to see how exactly they remove the door panel as well.
Old 03-17-23, 06:34 PM
blueless
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by LilyTiger
Same here, I’m also waiting to see what people say about the fix before I have them digging into my door. Really curious to see how exactly they remove the door panel as well.
Very prudent.
I was furious at my dealer related to this. First, they required that i get their overpriced tinting as part of purchase,
then the tech who installed the tint must’ve broken a couple of fasteners because the interior door trim was loose. Fixed under warranty. Always a risk to remove and reinstall body parts.
The following 2 users liked this post by blueless:
LilyTiger (03-18-23), SgtLip (03-17-23)
Old 03-17-23, 07:01 PM
LilyTiger
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by blueless
Very prudent.
I was furious at my dealer related to this. First, they required that i get their overpriced tinting as part of purchase,
then the tech who installed the tint must’ve broken a couple of fasteners because the interior door trim was loose. Fixed under warranty. Always a risk to remove and reinstall body parts.
dang, they broke fasteners to apply tint? I didn’t even know they usually remove anything to do tint lol.
Old 03-18-23, 08:18 AM
chukuanyu
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sharing my experience here. I went to dealership this morning and showed them TSB sheet regarding side mirror vibration issue. They ordered the part for me without asking any questions. However, the part may takes 2-4 weeks to arrive and I was told it will takes around 2 hours to get it replaced.

My 2023 NX350 (built in Feb, 2023 at Canada) also comes with some rattle noises from top, my guess is glasses mount or pano roof or safety sensor mount next to glasses box. They did test drive and said that is normal. I requested to have someone test drive with me but they refused to do it. The rattle is kind of squeak or creak which is really annoying me but it looks like there’s nothing I can do.
Old 03-18-23, 08:52 AM
LilyTiger
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by chukuanyu
sharing my experience here. I went to dealership this morning and showed them TSB sheet regarding side mirror vibration issue. They ordered the part for me without asking any questions. However, the part may takes 2-4 weeks to arrive and I was told it will takes around 2 hours to get it replaced.

My 2023 NX350 (built in Feb, 2023 at Canada) also comes with some rattle noises from top, my guess is glasses mount or pano roof or safety sensor mount next to glasses box. They did test drive and said that is normal. I requested to have someone test drive with me but they refused to do it. The rattle is kind of squeak or creak which is really annoying me but it looks like there’s nothing I can do.
Rattle is definitely not normal. I’ve driven several NXs all equipped with different packages through loaners, test drives, any my own and have not noticed any sound that you describe from the sunroof or glasses area. Sounds like they’re just blowing it off. The Lexus dealer should 100% let you go on a test drive with a tech. Sometimes they do get busy, so maybe see if you can make an appointment to come in and meet with a tech.

If they’re still being difficult go to another dealer or speak to the service manager or general manager, or call Lexus Corporate. I’d be hesitant to do any sort of fix like this at this dealer with your experience.
The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (03-18-23)

Quick Reply: Fix for Driver Side Mirror Shaking TSB USA/Mexico