NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Restarting Android Auto

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-23 | 06:56 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Default Restarting Android Auto

I'm having an issue with wireless AA, where it quits when a sound from either the audio control or another in car system happens. For instance, when I adjust volume up or down by holding the up or down volume key, there is a beep from the car. When that happens, AA stops. I spoke with the Dealership tech guy and he acknowledges this is a bug and he's not sure if AA or Lexus is working on it. He suggests a wired connection, but that defeats the purpose of wireless AA in this generation of car! I would like to know how to re-start AA after this kind of crash. Currently I have to shut off the car and restart it. Bit of a pain when you're cruising down the highway!. In previous cars, there was a separate AA icon that one could touch/tap to start AA. Any suggestions?
Old 03-12-23 | 12:12 PM
harper7
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by JasDmw
I'm having an issue with wireless AA, where it quits when a sound from either the audio control or another in car system happens. For instance, when I adjust volume up or down by holding the up or down volume key, there is a beep from the car. When that happens, AA stops. I spoke with the Dealership tech guy and he acknowledges this is a bug and he's not sure if AA or Lexus is working on it. He suggests a wired connection, but that defeats the purpose of wireless AA in this generation of car! I would like to know how to re-start AA after this kind of crash. Currently I have to shut off the car and restart it. Bit of a pain when you're cruising down the highway!. In previous cars, there was a separate AA icon that one could touch/tap to start AA. Any suggestions?
Just push and hold in the volume button to reboot the infotainment system and reboots AA too. No need to shut the whole car off.
I had AA lock up or no sound a couple of times too. It is in an area where I Iose cell phone coverage.
The following 2 users liked this post by harper7:
JasDmw (03-12-23), Mrnovanova (03-15-23)