NX450h+ - Charge Schedule Not Stopping as Expected

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-23, 08:23 PM
reelexus
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default NX450h+ - Charge Schedule Not Stopping as Expected

Hi folks,

First time post, but long time reader. I am having the hardest time with what I believe should be a simple process. I am trying to charge my car within a set time window, for example, 12am to 6am.
  1. Is it possible to charge during a defined window of time like the example stated above?
  2. If yes, how do you do it?
This is how I have approached it:
  • I navigate to the Charging Schedule using the car's center display
  • I set a Start Charge Time of 12am
  • I set a Departure Time of 6am
    • I see this as the only way to provide a scheduled end to a charge
The charge starts as expected at 12am, but it keeps charging beyond 6am which places me in a higher electricity rate. I tried the Lexus app, but it seemed less functional than the car center display. Is it possible that ECO Charge is taking control of my schedule? All I want is something that looks like the following image in this Toyota/Lexus link: https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-...rging-program/

Any thoughts?

- Rick
Old 03-13-23, 09:13 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 578 Likes on 385 Posts

Are you charging on a level 1 charger or level 2? 12am to 6am is 6 hours of charging. If you are on level 1 it will definitely go beyond 6am as it does take 12 hours to charge. If you have a 3.3kW charger, that is about 5 hours to fully charge and it should fit the timeframe.

If you have the 6.6kw, it will definitely fit the timeframe with a level 2 charger.

When it's 6am is it slowly charging to 100%? I noticed mine would take like an hour to finish the last few %age - even if it says 100% already.

I have found the charging is quick accurate with my NX and I typically set it to departure time. I would say you should set your departure time to 5:45am and it should be done, but if your charging time requires more than 6 hours, it will start earlier.
The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (04-08-23)
Old 03-13-23, 11:53 AM
reelexus
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am using a Level 1 charger for the time being, but will be upgrading to 220V and a Level 2 charger at the end of the month. This should resolve most of my problem since I'll be able to do a full charge with my 6.6kwh onboard charger. I'll also be installing the Juicebox 40 Amp unit which is supposed to come with it's own charging scheduler.

Until then, and to scratch this mental itch of mine, I still want to know if the NX450h+ or it's app has the ability to charge in a defined period of time vs. the car determining when to start or stop.

(and to answer your question, I'm still charging well after 6am when starting from zero charge and 12am)

- Rick
Old 03-13-23, 12:22 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 578 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by reelexus
I am using a Level 1 charger for the time being, but will be upgrading to 220V and a Level 2 charger at the end of the month. This should resolve most of my problem since I'll be able to do a full charge with my 6.6kwh onboard charger. I'll also be installing the Juicebox 40 Amp unit which is supposed to come with it's own charging scheduler.

Until then, and to scratch this mental itch of mine, I still want to know if the NX450h+ or it's app has the ability to charge in a defined period of time vs. the car determining when to start or stop.

(and to answer your question, I'm still charging well after 6am when starting from zero charge and 12am)

- Rick
Of course it will still charge past 6am as you would have only charged about 60% and it won't stop until it's finish. It takes like 11.5 hours to fully charge from 30%.
The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (04-08-23)