NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Why isn’t my seat moving to the memorized position?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-23, 12:44 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Why isn’t my seat moving to the memorized position?

I get into the car it recognizes my profile but it doesn’t move the seats. I can’t remember how to make that all happen and I’m too lazy to look at all up again.

I guess I will look it up but I don’t understand why it’s not moving the seat if it recognizes my profile, I purposely moved the seat out of position and turn the car off turn the car on and did not move seat.
Old 04-02-23, 01:50 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,114 Likes on 722 Posts

You need to reset the seats. This sounds crazy but works. Slide your seat all the way back. Then all the way forward. Then recline it back all the way. That resets it. Now sit down and adjust your seat and mirrors to your liking. Press and hold set button and then position 1 2 or 3.
Old 04-02-23, 03:08 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by Freds430
You need to reset the seats. This sounds crazy but works. Slide your seat all the way back. Then all the way forward. Then recline it back all the way. That resets it. Now sit down and adjust your seat and mirrors to your liking. Press and hold set button and then position 1 2 or 3.
Thanks, I thought the seat automatically reset by just turning on the car.

but you have to push the number one button I guess

or not I just tried something and it seem to work
Old 04-02-23, 04:39 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs

I think, in theory, I tink it's supposed to load the last seat position when it loads your profile. But it seems lots of things that should work in theory in this car don't work consistently in reality.
Old 04-02-23, 05:34 PM
kg130
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Randyp1234
I think, in theory, I tink it's supposed to load the last seat position when it loads your profile. But it seems lots of things that should work in theory in this car don't work consistently in reality.
You need to link your key to your profile. After the key is linked, the profile (which includes the last seat position) will automatically be loaded at key detection.
Old 04-02-23, 09:52 PM
43sbest
Pit Crew

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

No you should not have to push a button and yes the seat, mirrors and steering wheel should move to the position they were originally set to. My wife's settings have been sc**d up and Lexus can't fix the problem. I have had cars with Memory for probably 30 years that worked fine but they all had fobs or key fobs marked driver 1 and 2. Lexus fobs are not marked 1 and 2 and that's part of the problem. Overkill on tech.
The following users liked this post:
jpspchen10 (03-28-24)
Old 04-02-23, 10:31 PM
LilyTiger
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by kg130
You need to link your key to your profile. After the key is linked, the profile (which includes the last seat position) will automatically be loaded at key detection.
Shouldn’t it also work if the system detects your phone at startup and loads the profile you have set up in the Lexus app? Does the key necessarily have to be linked?
Old 04-03-23, 06:31 AM
kg130
Rookie

Originally Posted by LilyTiger
Shouldn’t it also work if the system detects your phone at startup and loads the profile you have set up in the Lexus app? Does the key necessarily have to be linked?
Yes, the key has to be linked. This is explained in the following video starting @ 29.04:
The following 2 users liked this post by kg130:
LilyTiger (04-03-23), SdeGat (04-03-23)
Old 04-03-23, 07:18 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by LilyTiger
I think it's an either/or or maybe both thing You can link the phone and/or link the key. We only link the keys because we both use the same app profile.
The following users liked this post:
LilyTiger (04-03-23)
Old 04-03-23, 02:23 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Now the profile is remembering my seat position but it’s not the seat position I want and I don’t know how to change the seat position memorized in the profile.

The key is what is connected to the profile I am pretty sure but my phone is also connected as I have the app.

It seems to remember last seat position each time you drive maybe , I think that is happening.

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 04-03-23 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-03-23, 03:30 PM
harper7
Pit Crew

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

Now the profile is remembering my seat position but it’s not the seat position I want and I don’t know how to change the seat position memorized in the profile.

The key is what is connected to the profile I am pretty sure but my phone is also connected as I have the app.

It seems to remember last seat position each time you drive maybe , I think that is happening.
The seat position is not where you want? Set the seat position where you do want it and next time you get in the car it is supposed to be where you last set it and that is your profile. I believe that is how it's supposed to work and how mine does.

I don't think the 1,2 and 3 memory positions on the door are tied into a profile but where they were set up using the set button and touch the number related to it. That's for if 2 people are using the same key and profile or as your starting point if you move the seats for cleaning,ect.

For example ,I set up my most comfortable daily drive position and enter it into #1. If it's storming real bad I like to move the seat fwd and up to see better or on a long trip I like it back and tilted more. If I hit #1 it will go back to where I originally set it up the most comfortable without having to fine tune to get back to original comfort position.
Old 04-03-23, 04:22 PM
kg130
Rookie

Originally Posted by harper7
The seat position is not where you want? Set the seat position where you do want it and next time you get in the car it is supposed to be where you last set it and that is your profile. I believe that is how it's supposed to work and how mine does.

I don't think the 1,2 and 3 memory positions on the door are tied into a profile but where they were set up using the set button and touch the number related to it. That's for if 2 people are using the same key and profile or as your starting point if you move the seats for cleaning,ect.

For example ,I set up my most comfortable daily drive position and enter it into #1. If it's storming real bad I like to move the seat fwd and up to see better or on a long trip I like it back and tilted more. If I hit #1 it will go back to where I originally set it up the most comfortable without having to fine tune to get back to original comfort position.
Yes, this is my experience also.
Old 04-05-23, 11:39 PM
CdO
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 33 Posts

It just doesn't work like it is supposed to sometimes.

I just got a software update notification... maybe after that???
Old 06-17-23, 05:03 AM
trstack
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Very frustrating. This shouldn’t be this hard. I purchased a 2023 RX for my wife, due to the key shortage, we only have 1 key. We both have the Lexus app and our own profiles.
  1. We set her memory positions for the seat, mirrors and steering wheel to the memory #1 and mine to position #2
  2. Link the key to her driver profile
  3. She doesn’t make any changes and exits the vehicle
  4. I enter the vehicle and change user to me, it asks if I want to change seat position, I say Yes
  5. Changes are made but they are not sync with my saved memory position #2
  6. Same thing happens to her for steps 4 & 5
Beyond ridiculous!
Old 06-17-23, 10:31 AM
43sbest
Pit Crew

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by trstack
Very frustrating. This shouldn’t be this hard. I purchased a 2023 RX for my wife, due to the key shortage, we only have 1 key. We both have the Lexus app and our own profiles.
  1. We set her memory positions for the seat, mirrors and steering wheel to the memory #1 and mine to position #2
  2. Link the key to her driver profile
  3. She doesn’t make any changes and exits the vehicle
  4. I enter the vehicle and change user to me, it asks if I want to change seat position, I say Yes
  5. Changes are made but they are not sync with my saved memory position #2
  6. Same thing happens to her for steps 4 & 5
Beyond ridiculous!
We have two fobs and my wife's memory has never worked right. It's a problem Lexus can't find a fix for and they really don't care. As I stated 2 months back on this thread it's tech overkill------------------and probably a bunch of defective chips/software.

Quick Reply: Why isn’t my seat moving to the memorized position?