NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

New Car Inspection?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-23, 08:27 AM
andys1548
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by LilyTiger
If yours doesn’t have the door courtesy lights for the front doors, definitely add those. Mine didn’t have those (it just had the plastic cutout that pops out) so I added them in. Just the normal solid white LED OEM ones. The logo ones were way too expensive, like $250 USD for both. Got the normal ones for $50 both.
Only $50usd for both normal ones? Wow I thought it’d be more. Never mind buying aftermarket ones, I’ll just get those instead
Old 04-03-23, 08:35 AM
LilyTiger
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by andys1548
Only $50usd for both normal ones? Wow I thought it’d be more. Never mind buying aftermarket ones, I’ll just get those instead
Right here

If it doesn’t populate already, search door courtesy.
Old 04-03-23, 01:29 PM
Droid13
Racer

Received 544 Likes on 381 Posts

I had the logo projector lamps on my RX doors. I liked them, but of course they really only show up at night and frankly most people didn't notice them unless they were looking for it. So this time I went with the stupidly expensive illuminated door sills, which I think look a bit nicer and more noticeable (still needs to be dark to notice the illumination, but logo visible all the time). I thought about getting cheaper aftermarket ones, but in a moment of weakness I told the dealer "shut up and take my money".
The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (04-03-23)
Old 04-03-23, 03:17 PM
Kirii056
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I will give an update of the vhicile sometime later this week.

Will be installing a dash cam + tinting and ceramic over the next few days!
The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (04-03-23)
Old 04-03-23, 07:14 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirii056
I will give an update of the vhicile sometime later this week.

Will be installing a dash cam + tinting and ceramic over the next few days!
Congrats on the new NX! Great choice on the ultra lux trim, the added features over luxury are totally worth it. Triple beam headlights are extremely bright at night and the 360 surround view camera is so handy.

I would recommend hardwiring a dashcam with parking mode. If you need a tint place let me know. I got my front windows tinted with ceramic at a shop in Markham. Did a great job for a reasonable price.
Old 04-03-23, 07:17 PM
Kirii056
Rookie

Originally Posted by zanewyn
Congrats on the new NX! Great choice on the ultra lux trim, the added features over luxury are totally worth it. Triple beam headlights are extremely bright at night and the 360 surround view camera is so handy.

I would recommend hardwiring a dashcam with parking mode. If you need a tint place let me know. I got my front windows tinted with ceramic at a shop in Markham. Did a great job for a reasonable price.
Yes please I'd love to have some recommendations. The dealer/ and the tint shop did talked about try not to use the battery though.. Also, yes personally, I wish I can have the HUD, but I just can't justify the price when Ult Lux has all the essential function + safety features.

The tint place I am planning on going quoted me 750 for Kenzo 10H ceramic coating, and 630 for xpel nano ceramic tint
Old 04-03-23, 07:26 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Yes please I'd love to have some recommendations. The dealer/ and the tint shop did talked about try not to use the battery though.. Also, yes personally, I wish I can have the HUD, but I just can't justify the price when Ult Lux has all the essential function + safety features.

The tint place I am planning on going quoted me 750 for Kenzo 10H ceramic coating, and 630 for xpel nano ceramic tint
Yea I also heard about hardwire will drain the battery, you lose a bit of overall battery life span. I am willing to take that over paying out of pocket for a potential hit and run in the parking lot. My dashcam already caught an instance of an Audi being side scraped while parked.

Are you tinting the entire car? Mine was about $200 for just the two front windows with ceramic. The shop is called Markham Window Tint 152 bullock drive, unit 11 Markham.
Old 04-03-23, 07:53 PM
Kirii056
Rookie

Originally Posted by zanewyn
Yea I also heard about hardwire will drain the battery, you lose a bit of overall battery life span. I am willing to take that over paying out of pocket for a potential hit and run in the parking lot. My dashcam already caught an instance of an Audi being side scraped while parked.

Are you tinting the entire car? Mine was about $200 for just the two front windows with ceramic. The shop is called Markham Window Tint 152 bullock drive, unit 11 Markham.
That is the plan so far. I heard the back windows are just privacy windows, and I am also gonna do an 80 at the windshield as well.

I know what you mean.. :S
Old 04-04-23, 04:33 PM
Kirii056
Rookie

Quick question, is it true that memory setting (1,2,3) only works when car is put into "P" mode?
Old 04-04-23, 05:56 PM
LilyTiger
Pit Crew

Quick question, is it true that memory setting (1,2,3) only works when car is put into "P" mode?
I do believe that’s the case. I haven’t completely verified it though. For what it’s worth, the owner’s manual states the vehicle needs to be in P for seat memory recall to function.
Old 04-04-23, 05:59 PM
Kirii056
Rookie

Originally Posted by LilyTiger
I do believe that’s the case. I haven’t completely verified it though. For what it’s worth, the owner’s manual states the vehicle needs to be in P for seat memory recall to function.
Great!

All went well today.. Did the inspection, and to my surprise, the Canadian built quality is very comparable to other Japanese made Lexus in the dealership. No huge gap, and all alignments were very accurate. Paint job was well done.

HOWEVER, while going through the function of the car, the driver's seat would beat any time moving to any direction.. It turned out that the tech did not initialize the seat, so had it took it back to the shop and got it done.. face palm
Old 04-04-23, 06:01 PM
Kirii056
Rookie

The baby is home..

Grecian Water Ultra Luxry
The following 3 users liked this post by Kirii056:
Edison_Chen (04-04-23), LilyTiger (04-04-23), zanewyn (04-06-23)
Old 04-04-23, 10:24 PM
LilyTiger
Pit Crew

WOW! Now that is one sharp looking NX! Absolutely stunning color, and those rims are the icing on the cake. Congratulations, that is a lovely vehicle you got there! You must post more pics of it.
Sucks about the seat, but don't let it take away from your delivery experience. They do at least hundreds of PDI's a week and something is bound to get missed. At least its a simple fix.
Take it home, drive it around, enjoy it. If you find something that doesn't seem quite right, hit us up.

On an unrelated side note, I love the balloons lol, lowkey jelly I didn't get them
Old 04-05-23, 08:33 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 544 Likes on 381 Posts

The baby is home..
Grecian Water Ultra Luxry
That is the best looking NX I've seen, but somehow familiar too
Old 04-05-23, 11:46 AM
Kirii056
Rookie

Originally Posted by Droid13
That is the best looking NX I've seen, but somehow familiar too
I am in love !

Too many things to learn.. and couple item to add into the car. I will post more pictures and any other findings or questions over the next few days !

happy to join the nx family

Quick Reply: New Car Inspection?