New Car Inspection?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-23, 06:49 PM
Kirii056
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New Car Inspection?

Hey guys,

I am picking up my NXH this Tuesday.. Just wanting to get some advise on the new car inspection, and anything I should pay attention to?

Excited to be a part of the NX family!

Last edited by Kirii056; 04-02-23 at 06:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Doug007 (04-04-23)
Old 04-02-23, 07:07 PM
LilyTiger
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Just do a thorough walk around and look for obvious defects. Scratches, small dents, chips, stuff like that. Go in the day and look at it under different angles of light. You’ll see anything if you closely look at it at different angles. Do the same for the interior. Open the hood and the trunk and all the doors. See if it’s all smooth and normal.

Have them show you that the latest software has been installed. Verify with someone knowledgeable who knows what they’re doing that a full wheel alignment and any recalls have been completed. Sometimes the salesperson who does delivery will just say it’s been done. But service can just scan the VIN and make sure it’s all gucci. Then drive it home and enjoy it.

As you drive you’ll notice if anything sees off. Realistically this happens over the course of about a week. Anything you find that seems odd, search here in the forum because there’s a lot of little quirks that have been addressed already.

Congrats on the new car!!!!! Post pics when you get it!
Doug007 (04-04-23)
Old 04-02-23, 07:11 PM
Kirii056
Rookie

Originally Posted by LilyTiger
Just do a thorough walk around and look for obvious defects. Scratches, small dents, chips, stuff like that. Go in the day and look at it under different angles of light. You’ll see anything if you closely look at it at different angles. Do the same for the interior. Open the hood and the trunk and all the doors. See if it’s all smooth and normal.

Have them show you that the latest software has been installed. Verify with someone knowledgeable who knows what they’re doing that a full wheel alignment and any recalls have been completed. Sometimes the salesperson who does delivery will just say it’s been done. But service can just scan the VIN and make sure it’s all gucci. Then drive it home and enjoy it.

As you drive you’ll notice if anything sees off. Realistically this happens over the course of about a week. Anything you find that seems odd, search here in the forum because there’s a lot of little quirks that have been addressed already.

Congrats on the new car!!!!! Post pics when you get it!
Solid advice!

My appointment is at 5:00 pm, so I should be getting decent amount of day light. I was told that the dealership received the car on Thursday afternoon, and went into PDI on Friday. I will certainly look out on both inside and out, and as well as the software etc!

It's been quite a journey.. Will certainly post some pics once wify and I pick up the baby!

Also, will be tinting + ceramic coating the car as well. Would love to know any accessories or adds on people get on their Nxs
Old 04-02-23, 08:07 PM
Mkx2go
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirii056
Solid advice!

My appointment is at 5:00 pm, so I should be getting decent amount of day light. I was told that the dealership received the car on Thursday afternoon, and went into PDI on Friday. I will certainly look out on both inside and out, and as well as the software etc!

It's been quite a journey.. Will certainly post some pics once wify and I pick up the baby!

Also, will be tinting + ceramic coating the car as well. Would love to know any accessories or adds on people get on their Nxs
What did get and how long did you wait?
Old 04-02-23, 08:12 PM
Kirii056
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mkx2go
What did get and how long did you wait?
I got the Ultra Luxury trim (Canadian) in Grecian water.

We actually placed an order for the Venza in Sept 22, but after doing some research, it seem like it will be an 18 mth + wait..

I contacted my SA in Feb and asked if there were any incomings and he managed to help me secured this one. The last of the 2023 My.

How about you? What did you get and what is your experience like ?
Old 04-02-23, 08:17 PM
Mkx2go
Pit Crew

We actually placed an order for the Venza in Sept 22, but after doing some research, it seem like it will be an 18 mth + wait..

I contacted my SA in Feb and asked if there were any incomings and he managed to help me secured this one. The last of the 2023 My.

I ordered NX 450H+ Caviar Executive still waiting since last June...
Old 04-02-23, 09:41 PM
LilyTiger
Pit Crew

If yours doesn’t have the door courtesy lights for the front doors, definitely add those. Mine didn’t have those (it just had the plastic cutout that pops out) so I added them in. Just the normal solid white LED OEM ones. The logo ones were way too expensive, like $250 USD for both. Got the normal ones for $50 both.
Old 04-03-23, 04:37 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,132 Likes on 733 Posts

If yours doesn’t have the door courtesy lights for the front doors, definitely add those. Mine didn’t have those (it just had the plastic cutout that pops out) so I added them in. Just the normal solid white LED OEM ones. The logo ones were way too expensive, like $250 USD for both. Got the normal ones for $50 both.
Your puddle lights you purchased do they have the logo?
Dswhittle (04-03-23)
Old 04-03-23, 05:41 AM
Kirii056
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mkx2go
I ordered NX 450H+ Caviar Executive still waiting since last June...
Good luck!

I was told that the wait time is 24 mth + :O
Old 04-03-23, 05:42 AM
Kirii056
Rookie

I am not sure exactly..

I have only teste drove the car once, and that's about it. I am not too sure if the package comes with courtesy light.

Did you have it installed at the port or afterwards?
Old 04-03-23, 06:57 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 573 Likes on 404 Posts

This part is especially important as these are things that might not be covered on subsequent servicing. They'll fix a window that doesn't work or a light that doesn't come on, but any cosmetic damage that you notice after you've had the car in your possession, well that's probably going to be all on you if you drove it off the dealer's parking lot without having it noted.
The following 2 users liked this post by Droid13:
dklanecky1 (04-03-23), LilyTiger (04-03-23)
Old 04-03-23, 07:36 AM
Pandaroo
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Also look at for any big panel gaps and misalignment. Some early Canadian production NX had this issue.

Bring your fully charged phone and go over the paint and wheel faces with the flash light at different angles. You should be able to pick up scratches if there are any.

Test open all 4 doors and check if there any scratches in the door jambs.
Old 04-03-23, 08:13 AM
LilyTiger
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Freds430
Your puddle lights you purchased do they have the logo?
I am not sure exactly..

I have only teste drove the car once, and that's about it. I am not too sure if the package comes with courtesy light.

Did you have it installed at the port or afterwards?
The ones I purchased do not have the logo. I tried out an aftermarket one that others have used on this forum, but a common complaint was that the edges get cut out and the logo is not crisp. I noticed it also and it was pretty bad; I thought it just took away from the look of the car. So if I was going to get any light, it was going to be OEM. The Lexus OEM logo lights were $115 each and the Lexus OEM solid white light was $25 each.

The OEM logo light is crisp and looks quite nice and professional. But it’s only visible at night and it doesn’t light up a whole lot of the ground. So I got the regular solid white ones.

I picked it up from the dealer and installed it myself. Installation is elementary school level easy. Just pop out the little black plastic piece on the door. I used the flat head screwdriver that comes under the back floorboard of the car and put an microfiber cloth over it to avoid scratching anything. Attached to it is a a wire. Carefully remove it by pressing the little clear plastic thing at the end and plug it into the light. Pop back in. Done.
Old 04-03-23, 08:19 AM
Mkx2go
Pit Crew

Good luck!

I was told that the wait time is 24 mth + :O
When did they tell you that? When I ordered last June they told me 10 - 12 months
Old 04-03-23, 08:19 AM
andys1548
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I actually ordered the exact same trim and colour as you in January. So they told you that’s the last 2023 MY and any incoming will basically be a 2024? Also which province you in?

Quick Reply: New Car Inspection?