Xanadu350 (04-29-23)
Old 04-29-23, 10:56 AM
romer
Intermediate

Received 158 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Here is another 2024 NX

https://youtu.be/3qaEpUZpjAQ

Can someone tell me what kind of speedometer this one is? It looks different than the F Sport one.
Also look at all the logo’s on the steering wheel buttons to help you know what is what, this looks better than blank buttons that are so confusing.
Is this how all the 2024 will look?

https://youtu.be/tMBNoefcHrA
I hope this is how the buttons will look on all NX350h 2024 models. But I believe if you have the HUD the buttons are blank. At least on the previous years.
​​​​​​​
Old 04-30-23, 07:18 AM
Nightlight
Driver

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Has anyone ever purchased a vehicle before driving it or inspecting it?

Because my NX arrived much earlier than expected, the SA has been calling and asking when I will be coming in to complete the deal. I made it clear prior to reserving the vehicle that it would be end of May. I asked specifically if that would be okay since in the back of my mind I know dealers want to move cars when they come in to the lot. I didn’t want to waste anyone’s time, especially mine by giving over $1000 that could have made more interest. I was told that it would be fine. Now apparently his Sales Manager wants to sell the car if I don’t come in to finalize the deal or at least do it over the phone. Admittedly I’ve never done an out of state deal so there is hesitancy on my side to get into a stuck situation. I’m already dealer adverse and won’t be forced to do anything I’m uncomfortable with. I’m going to speak with them on Monday, but I may be back to square one.
Old 04-30-23, 08:03 AM
oregonkat
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Droid13
Yup. There's one reason not to trade in, it pretty much always makes more financial sense to sell privately. But there's tons of reasons to trade it, major convenience, less tax, and safety being top ones. Money isn't everything. I suppose a few people in our area still remember that serial killer back a few years ago that decided to take out that guy selling his pickup truck privately when he took them on a test drive. The guy was quite wealthy and could easily afford it, he just thought why not just take the truck and burn the body, sounded like fun.

I thought about selling my RX privately, but I've already got enough on my plate. The dealer met my minimum (barely) so fine, take it, my time has huge value to me too.
Originally Posted by romer
And--if sold privately and the car starts misbehaving a week later you may have an angry whacko to deal with. Not to mention if it's 3 months or more later. Not worth it to me. Plus I'll take the tax benefit. And I got what I wanted on my trade.
Originally Posted by Nightlight

Because my NX arrived much earlier than expected, the SA has been calling and asking when I will be coming in to complete the deal. I made it clear prior to reserving the vehicle that it would be end of May. I asked specifically if that would be okay since in the back of my mind I know dealers want to move cars when they come in to the lot. I didn’t want to waste anyone’s time, especially mine by giving over $1000 that could have made more interest. I was told that it would be fine. Now apparently his Sales Manager wants to sell the car if I don’t come in to finalize the deal or at least do it over the phone. Admittedly I’ve never done an out of state deal so there is hesitancy on my side to get into a stuck situation. I’m already dealer adverse and won’t be forced to do anything I’m uncomfortable with. I’m going to speak with them on Monday, but I may be back to square one.
I have. But I trust the dealer I've worked with. It depends on how much you want it. In today's market, he who hesitates is lost.
The following users liked this post:
Nightlight (04-30-23)
Old 04-30-23, 08:09 AM
Dblxx
Pit Crew

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

If you make them wait too long they’ll have to pay rent on the car - which if they have a customer ready to buy it now - they will most likely and should sell it to them. JMHO.
Nightlight (04-30-23)
Old 04-30-23, 08:14 AM
lexsc4
Instructor

Received 193 Likes on 156 Posts

I have. On new cars usually 99% of the time there is no issue. The only issue maybe financing. I always buy in cash so thats one variable I don’t not worry about.
Nightlight (04-30-23)
Old 04-30-23, 09:54 AM
lexsc4
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dblxx
If you make them wait too long they’ll have to pay rent on the car - which if they have a customer ready to buy it now - they will most likely and should sell it to them. JMHO.
Yep, especially in the current market where NX Hybrids are still in short supply. I seriously doubt the dealer will be willing to HOLD the car for you for a month.
Nightlight (04-30-23)
Old 04-30-23, 12:36 PM
Nightlight
Driver

Thanks for the input everyone! Totally understand the dealer’s perspective in wanting to sell the vehicle ASAP. It’s disappointing that terms weren’t made clear earlier when I asked about this very scenario and was upfront on my timeframe. The vehicle arriving early wasn’t going to change that. I’m fine as long as I receive a refund of my deposit.
Old 04-30-23, 01:32 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Thanks for the input everyone! Totally understand the dealer’s perspective in wanting to sell the vehicle ASAP. It’s disappointing that terms weren’t made clear earlier when I asked about this very scenario and was upfront on my timeframe. The vehicle arriving early wasn’t going to change that. I’m fine as long as I receive a refund of my deposit.
Yeah unfortunately in my experience nothing is real if it is not in writing, especially with car dealers. I flew out from the SF Bay Area to S. Cal to pickup my wife 2024 NX350h and I had the dealer put it in writing that we have agreed to MSRP and no add ons, which they did. The actually delivery and process was quite smooth, took less than an hour from my arrival at the dealership to drive off. Good luck. BTW, I had 2 other $1000 deposit with 2 dealers here in the bay area, after requesting cancellation/refund, it took less than 2 days.
Old 04-30-23, 01:35 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

In today’s environment, you would be lucky if a dealer agreed to hold a car for an hour let alone a month. There are too many buyers out there and they have the advantage.
Old 04-30-23, 01:44 PM
Dblxx
Pit Crew

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

My bet is - they will give you back your deposit with no arguments. Deposits don’t really come into play unless you’ve asked them to order something they’ll get stuck with because no one wants it.

Good luck.
Old 04-30-23, 02:05 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
In today’s environment, you would be lucky if a dealer agreed to hold a car for an hour let alone a month. There are too many buyers out there and they have the advantage.
yeah. The dealer I bought from has a 48 hours pickup policy which was written on the deposit form. They gave me one extra day because I couldn’t make it on that particular weekend and I had to show them my Monday flight ticket. Yeah the dealers have the upper hands now for sure.
Old 04-30-23, 02:09 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dblxx
My bet is - they will give you back your deposit with no arguments. Deposits don’t really come into play unless you’ve asked them to order something they’ll get stuck with because no one wants it.

Good luck.
Exactly. The 2 SF Bay Area dealers I had put $1k deposit on didn’t even ask why I cancelled. They gotta have buyers lining up for these hybrids here and they can probably get more money from the next buyer.
Old 04-30-23, 03:08 PM
Nightlight
Driver

Quick note: This isn’t a hybrid NX. I know hybrids have the majority here, but the non-hybrids do exist too, lol.

As for dealers having the upper the hand, that only holds true if I was in a desperate situation. I’m not. Many Lexus dealers exist and if necessary, other brands exist as well. Matter of fact, I test drove a BMW X4 M40i on Friday. I can now take a closer look at the X3 version.
Old 04-30-23, 03:47 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Quick note: This isn’t a hybrid NX. I know hybrids have the majority here, but the non-hybrids do exist too, lol.

As for dealers having the upper the hand, that only holds true if I was in a desperate situation. I’m not. Many Lexus dealers exist and if necessary, other brands exist as well. Matter of fact, I test drove a BMW X4 M40i on Friday. I can now take a closer look at the X3 version.
FYI BMW is removing a lot of features on the X3 and X4 front seats. If you opt for the sensatec you will get lumbar for the driver seat but they removed the lumbar for the passenger seat. If you opt for the Vernasca leather, the driver is suppose to get both electronic side width bolstering adjustment button and lumbar button but some have them and some only have the lumbar, it’s hit or miss. The passenger seat will be blank no button for lumbar or width adjustment. If you will have a passenger that needs lumbar you won’t get it.

Prior to the pandemic these were all standard features included for both driver and passenger seats. Parts shortage was understandable however today BMW is still removing seat features most likely to cut costs on their end.

They use to give you a credit for the missing seat feature on the window sticker in 2022 it would says credit for missing lumbar or credit for missing width adjustment, however today they no longer give a credit and the seat features are still missing.
Nightlight (04-30-23)

Quick Reply: 2024's Are Arriving at dealers!