Or change my screen name. “3kees”
The following users liked this post:
gamma742 (06-09-24)
Old 06-08-24, 05:53 PM
NXWes
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pentaprism
But they are different keys, not physically, but logistically.
Doesn't matter to the customer. As long as they work. The dealership is not going to cancel a sale over a couple hundred dollar key
Old 06-08-24, 09:41 PM
AM123
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by New2025NX
For those waiting, has Lexus given you anything in writing about them owing you the fob? Other than the memo.
If I remember correctly, I haven't received anything in writing, only a verbal mention from the salesperson. However, you will get a notification on the Lexus app when the second one is available for programming.
Old 06-09-24, 08:25 AM
dotter
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 5+ months later..no key

After we purchased the car and were ready to drive away, we found out we were NOT getting a second key. Lexus pulled one on us! It has been years since we bought a new car from Lexus and we felt like we were dealing with a new type of dealer. No calls back, missing a few things that we’re supposed to be with the car. They just put us off and said anything to get us out the door. Plus, we really do not like the new NX Hybrid. The dashboard gets to 125+ degrees and heat is hitting you in the face while you drive. The new no door *****, but a magnetic pull which is annoying. The radio sucks and the entertainment radio controls are not good. We have put insulated material to block out the heat pouring in from the sunroof. The seat heater and steering wheel heater come on at mysterious times by themselves. Anyway, I think we are going to trade it in for a different brand….no more Lexus.
Old 06-09-24, 08:50 AM
Sounds
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by dotter
After we purchased the car and were ready to drive away, we found out we were NOT getting a second key. Lexus pulled one on us! It has been years since we bought a new car from Lexus and we felt like we were dealing with a new type of dealer. No calls back, missing a few things that we’re supposed to be with the car. They just put us off and said anything to get us out the door. Plus, we really do not like the new NX Hybrid. The dashboard gets to 125+ degrees and heat is hitting you in the face while you drive. The new no door *****, but a magnetic pull which is annoying. The radio sucks and the entertainment radio controls are not good. We have put insulated material to block out the heat pouring in from the sunroof. The seat heater and steering wheel heater come on at mysterious times by themselves. Anyway, I think we are going to trade it in for a different brand….no more Lexus.
Sorry to hear. If you look at a Genesis read reviews. Worse service ever. My best experiences are from BMW. and PORSCHE.
Old 06-09-24, 01:52 PM
Droid13
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 419 Posts

We have put insulated material to block out the heat pouring in from the sunroof. The seat heater and steering wheel heater come on at mysterious times by themselves.
Why not just close the sunroof cover?

The seat and steering wheel heat will do that when it "auto" mode. Just turn it to manual.
romer (06-09-24)
Old 06-09-24, 08:41 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 610 Likes on 412 Posts

I think you'll need to read the manual a bit more to understand how the system works and why the steering wheel heater and seats come on. I'm surprised you didn't test drive it enough before buying it. Good luck on the next brand and I'm sure you'll love whatever you pick, but make sure you test drive and spend time before you commit to the next brand/model.
The following 4 users liked this post by lsft:
AM123 (06-10-24), romer (06-09-24), Sounds (06-10-24), spike20586 (06-10-24)
Old 06-10-24, 06:10 AM
Sounds
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by lsft
I think you'll need to read the manual a bit more to understand how the system works and why the steering wheel heater and seats come on. I'm surprised you didn't test drive it enough before buying it. Good luck on the next brand and I'm sure you'll love whatever you pick, but make sure you test drive and spend time before you commit to the next brand/model.
Well said... We choose the NX350 at first for the safety features and size. Was comfortable test driving so we became owners. Otherwise we never know what we have until we have it. I have a major reason not to never buy a Lexus again but we did. It's an incredible value. Having a reputable dealer is the difference. And having owners/posters like you makes a difference...Thanks for your constant constructive input.
lsft (06-10-24)