NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Aftermarket upgraded rear puddle lamp

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-23, 05:33 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,160 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by SpecialFX9
When we picked up my wife’s NX 450h+ F Sport last month, we asked the dealership to throw in the upgraded rear puddle lamp and it’s the perfect amount of lumens. Honestly, it should have came stock from factory
Agree that one led is very weak with the five perfect lighting. How much more would that have cost.
The following users liked this post:
Rickydee (05-23-23)
Old 04-26-23, 01:01 PM
Jokerr
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone had experience buying it off eBay (In OP or otherwise) to Canada? It seems to be about half the price even with conversion compared to the Aliexpress option.
Old 04-26-23, 01:43 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Jokerr
Has anyone had experience buying it off eBay (In OP or otherwise) to Canada? It seems to be about half the price even with conversion compared to the Aliexpress option.

I just ordered mine from Aliexpress and paid $13.92 after a $4 discount for first purchase. I couldn't find one that cheap on eBay. All of the ads look identical.

Stedman (04-26-23)
Old 04-26-23, 10:22 PM
Jokerr
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtLip
I just ordered mine from Aliexpress and paid $13.92 after a $4 discount for first purchase. I couldn't find one that cheap on eBay. All of the ads look identical.
Do you have a link to it? Looks like the current one being posted and that I can find on Aliexpress is about $42CAD
Old 04-27-23, 03:13 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jokerr
Do you have a link to it? Looks like the current one being posted and that I can find on Aliexpress is about $42CAD

Its at Posts #13 and #14 above.
Old 05-03-23, 11:15 AM
dc88
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Just wanted to share my experience.
I order the rear puddle light from the Aliexpress seller named "QHCP Tagin car accessories store". The same Aliexpress seller Zanewyn posted about. Received it today, plugged it in, and did not work. There's only one way you can plug in. Is there a trick to get it working?
Now I have the hassle of trying to get a refund.

Last edited by dc88; 05-03-23 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-03-23, 11:37 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Originally Posted by dc88
I order the rear puddle light from a Aliexpress seller named "QHCP Tagin car accessories store". The same Aliexpress seller Zanewyn posted about. Received it today, plugged it in, and did not work. There's only one way to can plug in. Is there a trick to get it working?
Unfortunately I haven’t received my order yet. So I don’t have any experience with this product yet. Maybe the person who said this item worked can respond.

Old 05-03-23, 06:55 PM
djspazz
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks. Much cheaper than the OEM one.
Old 05-03-23, 08:15 PM
Aloha808
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought the Lexus upgrade with the 4 LED lights from Bell Lexus last week when they had their 15% off sale for $62 no tax, free shipping. I will report back on whether it's worth it after installing.
The following 2 users liked this post by Aloha808:
Doug007 (05-04-23), SgtLip (05-04-23)
Old 05-04-23, 01:01 PM
dc88
Rookie

I order the rear puddle light from the Aliexpress seller named "QHCP Tagin car accessories store". The same Aliexpress seller Zanewyn posted about. Received it today, plugged it in, and did not work. There's only one way you can plug in. Is there a trick to get it working?

Following up after contacting the Aliexpress seller.
According to the seller, the wires may have been incorrectly connected during assembly. So I cut the wires and reconnected them with their opposite ends and it worked!
Hope this helps someone who may find themselves in a similar situation.
geomike (05-05-23)
Old 05-04-23, 01:58 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Following up after contacting the Aliexpress seller.
According to the seller, the wires may have been incorrectly connected during assembly. So I cut the wires and reconnected them with their opposite ends and it worked!
Hope this helps someone who may find themselves in a similar situation.
@dc88 I'm not following with what you did. Were the wires stuffed into a plug? If so, did you cut the plug off of wires and then reconnect them into the plug the correct way? If no plug, is this a wire to wire connection? No pictures I take it?
Thanks for the info. I hope to have mine in a couple days.

Old 05-04-23, 10:17 PM
dc88
Rookie

Originally Posted by SgtLip
@dc88 I'm not following with what you did. Were the wires stuffed into a plug? If so, did you cut the plug off of wires and then reconnect them into the plug the correct way? If no plug, is this a wire to wire connection? No pictures I take it?
Thanks for the info. I hope to have mine in a couple days.

Here's a bit more detail. The light has two wires, a black wire and a red wire, which end in a tiny white female pin connector. The distance between the light and the plug is about 4 inches. I cut the wires in the middle at around 2 inches and rejoined by connecting the black wire to the red wire and the red wire to the black wire. The wire ends were stripped and electrical tape was used to secure the connection. Unfortunately, it was not possible to simply unplug and reconnect the wires properly at the pin connector end. That would have been too easy, haha. Hopefully, your light will be assembled correctly. If not, it's an easy fix.

Last edited by dc88; 05-05-23 at 07:07 AM.
SgtLip (05-05-23)
Old 05-05-23, 12:54 AM
Aloha808
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I installed the 4 LED upgrade on the rear puddle lamp tonight. It's bright enough for me and in my opinion the right brightness as I don't want stadium lights. The Ali one might be overkill unless you are planning on doing something more than standard. It lights up my trunk enough where I can see what im looking for in my cargo net. $62 from Bell when they have their 15% off sales with free shipping on orders over $100. Not sure why they didn't include this to start with. I'm content with the purchase unlike with the Intergrated Dashcam. BTW, ANYONE with ANY skill level can install this in 5 minutes. The only tool I needed was a 10mm socket (and ratchet or screwdriver the socket can attach to) and a credit card or flathead screwdriver to pry the old one out. Even if you don't have a 10mm socket you could probably just do it from the back seat folded down so the trunk is closed when your working on it so the light is off when you change it. It's really not difficult at all. Remember to wrap the foam on the plug so it doesn't rattle against the trunk lining and make noise.
The following 2 users liked this post by Aloha808:
Rickydee (05-23-23), SgtLip (05-05-23)
Old 05-05-23, 02:36 AM
geomike
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Electrical is not enough

Here's a bit more detail. The light has two wires, a black wire and a red wire, which end in a tiny white female plug. The distance between the light and the plug is about 4 inches. I cut the wires in the middle at around 2 inches and rejoined by connecting the black wire to the red wire and the red wire to the black wire. The wire ends were stripped and electrical tape was used to secure the connection. Unfortunately, it was not possible to simply unplug and reconnect the wires properly at the plug end. That would have been too easy, haha. Hopefully, your light will be assembled correctly. If not, it's an easy fix.
you should make some other types of connection. Something more secure. The tape tends to unroll .
Make a new male female pin connection. And heat shrink over the connection.
The following 2 users liked this post by geomike:
dc88 (05-05-23), SgtLip (05-05-23)
Old 05-05-23, 11:30 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Here's a bit more detail. The light has two wires, a black wire and a red wire, which end in a tiny white female pin connector. The distance between the light and the plug is about 4 inches. I cut the wires in the middle at around 2 inches and rejoined by connecting the black wire to the red wire and the red wire to the black wire. The wire ends were stripped and electrical tape was used to secure the connection. Unfortunately, it was not possible to simply unplug and reconnect the wires properly at the pin connector end. That would have been too easy, haha. Hopefully, your light will be assembled correctly. If not, it's an easy fix.

@dc88 Received my rear puddle lamp today. The wife has the car out so I can't get to it yet. This is what I received. But I'm confused. I thought it was larger to take the place of the existing puddle lamp. Is this what you received? Do you take the OEM out and put this in and that's it?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket upgraded rear puddle lamp