NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

adaptive cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-23 | 01:24 PM
2ball
Driver School Candidate

Default adaptive cruise control

When I first got the NX, I was blown away by the Adaptive cruise control. It drove the car for you on a road with no stops. Now it does not seem to drive so good. It will let the car go on the the edge line then correct back, then go on the middle line and correct back. There is so much tech in this car, I am not even sure it is set correctly. When I tried it today it seemed more like lane assist then adaptive cruise control.
Did I loose adaptive cruise control when I let my car data plan run out?

Last edited by 2ball; 05-16-23 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-16-23 | 01:38 PM
Sonduren
Driver

Is the car clean? A very dirty car would have a negative effect to the sensors?
Old 05-16-23 | 01:42 PM
romer
Intermediate

Doesn't sound like a cruise control issue. CC doesn't keep you in your lane. Other features do that and I don't have my NX yet sso I can't explain how to turn on/off some features. And Honduran could also be correct about the sensor behavior when dirty.
Old 05-16-23 | 01:42 PM
2ball
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sonduren
Is the car clean? A very dirty car would have a negative effect to the sensors?
its clean/spotless.
Old 05-16-23 | 02:07 PM
Droid13
Racer

I think the feature you are referring to is "Lane Trace Assist" which is what (is supposed to) keep the car driving in between marked lanes or follow the car in front of you should lane markings be poor. This feature relies on the camera mounted high in the windshield so that part of the car does need to be clean. It does require the adaptive cruise control to be on when used, but really is a separate system that can be independently shut off.

In any case, it does indeed depend a lot on the conditions (road markings, weather conditions, windshield cleanliness, actions of the vehicle in front) and is a bit jerky at times when it comes to staying centered in the lane (but a lot better than the one in my Crosstrek). I find more often than not it does a pretty good job and I "almost" forget I am driving, but there are times I fight with it and on the rare occasion get tired and turn it off. I especially don't like that it tends to be oblivious to cars and especially trucks in the next lane over on multi-lane highways. Got these giant double trailer trucks riding the edge of the white line and the NX is perfectly happy to cruise right up against the same white line on the other side. Doesn't seem to care much that my passenger and reach out and touch the truck. Obviously its not FSD but still it has enough sensors to make a bit smarter choices in these cases.
The following 2 users liked this post by Droid13:
redhot47fl (05-16-23), weaver483 (05-16-23)