NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Interesting Youtube on Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-23, 10:07 AM
Kenasch
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Interesting Youtube on Software Update

This is an interesting video about the most recent software update. I am astounded at how many issues they needed to correct. However my issue of the PIN popup does not seem to be addressed. I have this software update since May but still get the popup. As I wrote in my comments to this video, the latest suggestion from the Dealer was to disconnect my battery for 10 minutes to allow the system to reboot. I have just tried that and am testing it out over the next few days. Hopefully this works or my next step is to investigate the lemon law.
The following users liked this post:
lsft (06-11-23)
Old 06-11-23, 10:31 AM
toyotafan1
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lemon law usually is for safety related issues. doesn't usually cover interface/audio system kind of issues in most states.
Old 06-11-23, 10:43 AM
Kenasch
Driver

Default Lemon Law

Originally Posted by toyotafan1
lemon law usually is for safety related issues. doesn't usually cover interface/audio system kind of issues in most states.
I consider this a safety issue as the frequent pop ups to enter my PIN occur while I am driving and they are distracting. It often happens while I am using Carplay navigation. I guess a lawyer can advise me on whether I have a case here in California. Also this issue does not allow me to use the car as intended.

Old 06-11-23, 05:53 PM
Lex2000TL
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotafan1
Lemon law is not only about safety but covers everything in your car.
"Lemon laws are regulations that attempt to protect consumers in the event that they purchase a defective vehicle or other consumer products or services, referred to as lemons, that do not meet their purported quality or usefulness."
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/l...r%20usefulness.
Old 06-11-23, 08:46 PM
Kenasch
Driver

Originally Posted by Lex2000TL
Lemon law is not only about safety but covers everything in your car.
"Lemon laws are regulations that attempt to protect consumers in the event that they purchase a defective vehicle or other consumer products or services, referred to as lemons, that do not meet their purported quality or usefulness."
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/l...r%20usefulness.
That is definitely my case. I spent $45k for a vehicle and I cannot reliably use a feature that is important to me.