NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Local dealer keeps pushing aftermarket warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-23, 06:16 AM
DeepBlue99
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Local dealer keeps pushing aftermarket warranty

My local keeps pushing aftermarket warranty. I'm sure they also sell Lexus warranty as well. I haven't really pressed them too hard.

Asking mainly for scenario involving purchasing vehicle from non-Lexus dealer. Will need to buy the warranty after.

Lexus makes solid cars as we all know. However, we own cars for a long time. Usually buy 6yrs/100k from Lexus. Haven't been proven wrong yet.
Old 06-05-23, 07:54 AM
DeepBlue99
Intermediate

$2800 seems like a great deal for 7 years / unlimited. I would say even $3500 is a good deal. That's roughly what I paid in 2014. Didn't realize you could negotiate these. I suppose I should put calls out to local dealers and see if anyone of them want to pickup a ground ball.

This would be the finance manager right? Not sales.

Last edited by DeepBlue99; 06-05-23 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-12-23, 12:18 PM
DeepBlue99
Intermediate

Had an interesting conversation with my local dealer. Apparently, they don't sell Lexus CPO warranty. Instead, they seem to be very partial to CNA National. In fact, it seems like they are selling it exclusively.

On paper it seems comparable to Lexus CPO warranty, but I have never even heard of this company and would prefer to stay with Lexus even if this aftermarket warranty is "better" and cheaper... at least on paper.

Wanted to see if there are any opinions on CNA National?
Old 06-12-23, 12:26 PM
FreeMason1
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeepBlue99
Had an interesting conversation with my local dealer. Apparently, they don't sell Lexus CPO warranty. Instead, they seem to be very partial to CNA National. In fact, it seems like they are selling it exclusively.

On paper it seems comparable to Lexus CPO warranty, but I have never even heard of this company and would prefer to stay with Lexus even if this aftermarket warranty is "better" and cheaper... at least on paper.

Wanted to see if there are any opinions on CNA National?
CNA sounds familiar. However, is it possible that your specific vehicle doesn't qualify for the Lexus CPO? The only time they tried to put me into a different program, was when a vehicle didn't qualify (Age, Mileage, Condition). I think the difference is CNA is not backed by Lexus, also, it has worse terms (limited mileage, and less years) for the same price.
Old 06-12-23, 12:40 PM
DeepBlue99
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FreeMason1
CNA sounds familiar. However, is it possible that your specific vehicle doesn't qualify for the Lexus CPO? The only time they tried to put me into a different program, was when a vehicle didn't qualify (Age, Mileage, Condition). I think the difference is CNA is not backed by Lexus, also, it has worse terms (limited mileage, and less years) for the same price.
New 2024 NX in this case. Very odd, never seen a dealer prioritizing aftermarket over Lexus branded offering. Terms, coverage, duration, cost are all the same or better than Lexus CPO. All things being equal, I would prefer to stay with Lexus backed warranty even if a bit worse in terms of coverage (Lexus warranty doesnt cover all electronics if I remember right) and is more expensive.

On the other hand, it is a new car and I will have 4 years to buy extended warranty. Hence, I was not even looking to buy one at this time. This CNA conversation kind of caught my attention.