NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

TPMS on 24 NX

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-23, 09:31 AM
Stedman
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default TPMS on 24 NX

I was looking for sensors for new rims. I was told the TPMS in 24 models are a different code than 23 for programming. Same MHz. Anyone run into this yet..
Old 06-17-23, 06:59 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 560 Likes on 398 Posts

If you get OEM sensors the car will program the sensors by itself. No need for external programming anymore.
The following users liked this post:
Stedman (06-17-23)
Old 06-17-23, 07:10 AM
Stedman
Driver

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
If you get OEM sensors the car will program the sensors by itself. No need for external programming anymore.
Thanks
I was hoping to find some online and not get hosed. Save a few bucks but looks like its OEM only..
Old 06-17-23, 05:05 PM
lexo98
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 235 Posts

https://www.dillvalves.com/tpms-look...mdl=NX&yr=2024

Depends if you want the black stems or not. These are around $50 each
Stedman (06-17-23)
Old 06-21-23, 07:30 PM
nitrolada
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
I have non OEM aftermarket TPMS and they also are recognized automatically by the car...no need for oem

Used same rims and aftermarket tpms that were used on a 2019 RX
Old 06-21-23, 08:40 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by nitrolada
I have non OEM aftermarket TPMS and they also are recognized automatically by the car...no need for oem

Used same rims and aftermarket tpms that were used on a 2019 RX
Very true. There's definitely aftermarket sensors that get recognized automatically by the car and several folk on here have got them.

Originally Posted by Stedman
Thanks
I was hoping to find some online and not get hosed. Save a few bucks but looks like its OEM only..
You can certainly go aftermarket. I have aftermarket TPMS on my winter tyres. You have to be sure to get the ones that are guaranteed to work with the car automatically though. The ones I got didn't get recognized by the car automatically and I had to get the dealership to program them to Set 2 for me.

Despite that, the cost of the aftermarket sensors and programming by the dealership, and it still came under 50% of the cost of purchasing from the dealership.

Ultimately, do what works best for you.
Old 06-22-23, 08:22 AM
Sounds
Advanced

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

I was looking for sensors for new rims. I was told the TPMS in 24 models are a different code than 23 for programming. Same MHz. Anyone run into this yet..
Pictures please
Old 06-22-23, 11:01 AM
lexo98
Racer

Originally Posted by LStoneX
Very true. There's definitely aftermarket sensors that get recognized automatically by the car and several folk on here have got them.

You can certainly go aftermarket. I have aftermarket TPMS on my winter tyres. You have to be sure to get the ones that are guaranteed to work with the car automatically though. The ones I got didn't get recognized by the car automatically and I had to get the dealership to program them to Set 2 for me.

Despite that, the cost of the aftermarket sensors and programming by the dealership, and it still came under 50% of the cost of purchasing from the dealership.

Ultimately, do what works best for you.
Some sensors need to be programmed themselves to work on certain vehicles. By chance were they made by Dill?
Old 06-22-23, 12:49 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lexo98
Some sensors need to be programmed themselves to work on certain vehicles. By chance were they made by Dill?
I don't believe mine were made by Dill. It's also not Autel as well. Got them off Amazon for ~CAD$75.

Photo below.

Old 06-22-23, 01:56 PM
lexo98
Racer

Originally Posted by LStoneX
I don't believe mine were made by Dill. It's also not Autel as well. Got them off Amazon for ~CAD$75.

Photo below.

Looks like those are oem replicas.
LStoneX (06-22-23)
Old 06-22-23, 06:16 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lexo98
Looks like those are oem replicas.
I think they are.

They were cheap. They were going on my winter set; I wasn't going to spend a fortune. They work fine and that was ok for the purpose I need them for.

When the RFs wear out, maybe I'll switch to an all weather set and be done with twice yearly tire changes.

We'll see how I feel then.
Old 06-23-23, 04:51 PM
Stedman
Driver

Link please would be appreciated.. Thanks for helping a fellow Cdn.
Old 06-23-23, 09:40 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Link please would be appreciated.. Thanks for helping a fellow Cdn.
Here's the set I got off Amazon:

https://a.co/d/bABOZRf

But you're going to need the dealer to program these into the car for you. Cost me $110 at Regency Lexus in Vancouver.
Stedman (06-24-23)
Old 06-24-23, 07:40 AM
Stedman
Driver

Did they frown on programming aftermarket TPMS. Not Lexus OEM part. Lexus oem are 75 a piece. Dealers can be touchy/feelly on not using Lexus parts. Just curoius. So you just handed over the TPMS when you took the NX in..
Old 06-26-23, 01:10 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Did they frown on programming aftermarket TPMS. Not Lexus OEM part. Lexus oem are 75 a piece. Dealers can be touchy/feelly on not using Lexus parts. Just curoius. So you just handed over the TPMS when you took the NX in..
No, no frowning by Lexus. I actually had the sensors installed by the local tire shop who sold me the winter set. However they wanted to give me some crazy expensive aftermarket sensors that I wasn't willing to pay the price quoted so they installed these for me and I just drive to Lexus to have it programmed.

Also they were quite finicky at that tire shop though; something to do with OEM/OEM clone Lexus TPMS always being a PITA to connect to and programme.

Either way, combined cost me way less than the ~$450 the dealership was asking for (before tax), and the ~$380 the tire shop wanted for aftermarket.

Call me cheap, but win-win!😜😁
Stedman (06-26-23)

Quick Reply: TPMS on 24 NX