NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Dash cam

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-23 | 10:18 AM
Sounds
Advanced

Default Dash cam

Are there provisions. Does it have to be ordered at build? Does NX offer an aftermarket that plug/plays into rear view.
I have Garmin’s front and rear in all cars. Would like to not have one on the front windshield if possible. Thanks.
Old 06-16-23 | 02:59 PM
Droid13
Racer

There was a rumour that beginning with the '24 model there would be a provision for using the onboard cams as a built in dash cam. This came from a Japanese market announcement back in about Feb, but I've heard nothing since then if it indeed happened there, or is happening at all in North America. The closest thing I've seen to a factory "looking" install is the FitCamX. It comes with NX specific trim pieces and wiring harness that adds a dash cam below the existing top windshield cam and most people would think it was a factory install. Very clean, no visible wires, can't even tell what it is from inside the vehicle. However, if you want the rear cam option then you need to run wires to the back and mount a (second, if you have the digital mirror) cam to the rear window. One of the other posts here from LSFT has a YouTube video review of it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Droid13:
Billst (11-17-23), Sounds (06-16-23)
Old 11-14-23 | 06:19 PM
Bagood
2nd gear

Hello, I'm from Indonesia. I've got my NX 350h 2 months ago, and installed 2 ch FitCamX 2 weeks after. It is true that the installation is easy, and have no problem at all until last week. So what happened was suddenly ALL system malfunctions is ON when i was drove to my office. After I arrived, i off the engine and 3 minutes later i turn it on again, and the warning is off. But after 10 minutes it on again! Later on that day I bring my car to official workshop and the technicians inform me it was because of the dashcam.
Last night, I decide to take off the dashcam and this morning no warning at all (all goes normal). Am not sure what's went wrong, but my installer sure he followed the instruction and the one in youtube exactly.

So colorfull dashboard with all malfunctions.
The following users liked this post:
blueless (11-15-23)
Old 11-15-23 | 03:34 AM
spbonzo
Driver School Candidate

I'm constantly amazed that in 2023, with many cars having a vast array of technical gimmickery, that a dash cam isn't considered standard requirement or we aren't provided with a simple standard fitting option to easily add our own.
The following 3 users liked this post by spbonzo:
Bagood (11-15-23), Billst (11-17-23), rx300mm (11-16-23)
Old 11-17-23 | 06:03 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by Bagood
Hello, I'm from Indonesia. I've got my NX 350h 2 months ago, and installed 2 ch FitCamX 2 weeks after. It is true that the installation is easy, and have no problem at all until last week. So what happened was suddenly ALL system malfunctions is ON when i was drove to my office. After I arrived, i off the engine and 3 minutes later i turn it on again, and the warning is off. But after 10 minutes it on again! Later on that day I bring my car to official workshop and the technicians inform me it was because of the dashcam.
Last night, I decide to take off the dashcam and this morning no warning at all (all goes normal). Am not sure what's went wrong, but my installer sure he followed the instruction and the one in youtube exactly.

So colorfull dashboard with all malfunctions.
Did you reach out to FitCamX to see if they can help you figure out what is wrong?