NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Apple CarPlay issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-23, 04:17 PM
nx350sucks
7th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down Apple CarPlay issues

Newly purchased 2023 NX350h. Wince day one, its been having issues with apple carplay (randomly disconnects, sound glitches, sometimes doesn't even connect at all). Went to the dealership and they said multiple people have reported the same issue, no solution currently. What are your experiences with your NX?
The following users liked this post:
NX350NAV (11-15-23)
Old 06-22-23, 05:56 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 149 Posts

I have a 2023 450h+ and it works fine 97% of the time. The 3% it doesn't connect. I've learned now to either not pull out of the garage until it loads. If not at home, I just power off and restart and it usually works.

My biggest complaint is the car doesn't know who the driver is. I'll get in and it says hello Lynda. Hello, my name isn't Lynda. But then if CarPlay connects, it's my wife's settings and not mine. None of the seat settings are right, the Apple iPhone is the wrong one, the Navigation doesn't have the favorites to display. This whole new Infotainment System and settings is the worst I've ever seen. Although I despised the mouse tracker in the older Lexus models, at least the system worked. NO Lexus dealer had one for me to demo or did I ever read anything about this system until I owned it. I probably would not have purchased the car had I known. And they seem to be reluctant to fix anything.

Just my opinion.

Old 06-22-23, 07:06 PM
nx350sucks
7th Gear

YES!!! If I knew the infotainment was going to be this ****, I would have never purchased the car in the first place. The funny thing when I went by the dealership, almost every rep I spoke with seems to know about the issue with NX model and its ****ty CarPlay system but yet they never mention it. While I had my car checked out, the rep casually says, "yeah its an ongoing issue with NX models and CarPlay, don't know how we can help you"
The following 3 users liked this post by nx350sucks:
rational (05-22-24), SgtLip (06-22-23), TimRonak (05-01-24)
Old 06-23-23, 12:50 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I don't think it's "all" NX models...

I have issues with my carplay connecting maybe 2% of the time. Usually a restart of the infotainment gets it to connect. Sometimes, I just drive off and it connects shortly after. If I do that, I do notice that when I stop and switch to park, it may briefly disconnect and then reconnect.

Never has my car called me a different name that isn't a stored profile. Sometimes, when I get in with the missus, it might think it's her, especially if she was the last to drive the car; she uses an Android. But it's not a hassle to go into settings and switch it back to me.

I find it very strange that your car will welcome you with random names which aren't profiles you previously set up or show random phones which you did not previously connect.

That's just very very odd
Dkaplan (06-23-23)
Old 06-23-23, 03:37 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by LStoneX
I don't think it's "all" NX models...

I have issues with my carplay connecting maybe 2% of the time. Usually a restart of the infotainment gets it to connect. Sometimes, I just drive off and it connects shortly after. If I do that, I do notice that when I stop and switch to park, it may briefly disconnect and then reconnect.

Never has my car called me a different name that isn't a stored profile. Sometimes, when I get in with the missus, it might think it's her, especially if she was the last to drive the car; she uses an Android. But it's not a hassle to go into settings and switch it back to me.

I find it very strange that your car will welcome you with random names which aren't profiles you previously set up or show random phones which you did not previously connect.

That's just very very odd
Sorry, my bad. Not receiving RANDOM names, my wife's name is Lynda. I have tried going to settings but the seating settings, navigation and the likes are still her settings and not mine. We park the NX inside the garage. She has a habit of not locking the vehicle while parked in the garage at home. As such I have now discovered that if I get in the car after her and the car was left unlocked, it believes I'm her. So I've learned as early as yesterday that if notice the car unlocked, I lock the car and then grab the handle to open door and it will display Hello Donald.

I still don't understand why the door has to be locked to reset the system. I would think that if the car was shut down and you exit the vehicle, the next person with a key would be recognized. But it appears to only notice the change if the vehicle is locked. Strange in my opinion.

Old 06-23-23, 04:42 AM
GoLeafsGo
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

It is not just Apple CarPlay, Android Auto does the same things. Random disconnect, or never connect. Loss of music for a split second. The main reason I don't love my NX is because of all these software bugs: Android Auto connection issues every now and then, wrong profile loaded every now and then, seat & mirrors not moving to right position every now and then, randomly asking for PIN while I am driving every now and then.
SgtLip (06-23-23)
Old 06-23-23, 06:21 AM
nx350sucks
7th Gear

Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo
It is not just Apple CarPlay, Android Auto does the same things. Random disconnect, or never connect. Loss of music for a split second. The main reason I don't love my NX is because of all these software bugs: Android Auto connection issues every now and then, wrong profile loaded every now and then, seat & mirrors not moving to right position every now and then, randomly asking for PIN while I am driving every now and then.
I have the exact same problems with my Nx350h. I’m disappointed that Lexus canada is okay selling a car with a defective infotainment system rather than try to fix it before selling it to customers
Old 06-23-23, 06:50 AM
GXWes
Pit Crew

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Never buy a first year car. Especially one with a completely new infotainment system.

These problems will never be at 100 percent. There is just way too many variables to keep on top of. Hundreds of different models of cell phones. Constant updates with them.

Toyota / Lexus will always be behind the curve
Old 06-23-23, 07:29 AM
oregonkat
Pit Crew

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by nx350sucks
Newly purchased 2023 NX350h. Wince day one, its been having issues with apple carplay (randomly disconnects, sound glitches, sometimes doesn't even connect at all). Went to the dealership and they said multiple people have reported the same issue, no solution currently. What are your experiences with your NX?
If I hated my car so much I made my user name NX350sucks, I'd for sure sell it.
Xanadu350 (06-23-23)
Old 06-23-23, 07:55 AM
nx350sucks
7th Gear

Originally Posted by oregonkat
I'm in the process of selling it lol. It only has 2k km on it. Will buyout rest of the lease soon and gtfo that car outta here
SgtLip (06-23-23)
Old 06-23-23, 07:58 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by oregonkat
Agree.
with a user name like that on a forum devoted to this model, sorry but I’d take any comments with a grain of salt. Could also be portrayed as spam toward the model or vehicle brand.
Sounds (06-26-23)
Old 06-23-23, 08:01 AM
nx350sucks
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Agree.
with a user name like that on a forum devoted to this model, sorry but I’d take any comments with a grain of salt. Could also be portrayed as spam toward the model or vehicle brand.
Up to you if you want to believe me or not. I'm just pissed that I downed almost 80k on a car with trash infotainment system that the company is well aware of its on-going glitches. Infotainment is one of the basic things in a car. For a company to not get it right and still be okay with it is mind boggling
The following 2 users liked this post by nx350sucks:
Randyp1234 (06-23-23), SgtLip (06-23-23)
Old 06-23-23, 08:06 AM
NSXT
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

1 keyfob since day 1 and I think because of that my wireless android auto sometimes needs to retry. Whenever I connect using wired, no issues.

Once I get my 2nd keyfob, I will then play with the profile, otherwise it might be a hit and miss.

Hope there will be some OTA soon for bugfix.
Old 06-23-23, 08:10 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Agree.
Not when someone else is having the same issue. As several others are too, including my wife and I. We've resolved ourselves to accepting the multiple issues and the tech at our dealer scratching their *** and saying "Duhhhh, I don't know" and keeping the car. But we wished we hadn't bought it. Bluetooth to our phones is so bad that we've bought one of those things that clips to the visor. Also, I think I've read people with 2023's still having issues so that kind of negates the don't buy a first year release argument.
The following 2 users liked this post by Randyp1234:
nx350sucks (06-23-23), SgtLip (06-23-23)
Old 06-23-23, 08:31 AM
Kenasch
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Randyp1234
Not when someone else is having the same issue. As several others are too, including my wife and I. We've resolved ourselves to accepting the multiple issues and the tech at our dealer scratching their *** and saying "Duhhhh, I don't know" and keeping the car. But we wished we hadn't bought it. Bluetooth to our phones is so bad that we've bought one of those things that clips to the visor. Also, I think I've read people with 2023's still having issues so that kind of negates the don't buy a first year release argument.
What is the "thing" you clipped to your visor and it did it help?

Quick Reply: Apple CarPlay issues