NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

SOS emergency system

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-23, 10:50 AM
Sounds
Advanced

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts
Default SOS emergency system

Do you test yours periodically? Does it always communicate? The sos is a must have … would not have purchased without it.
Old 06-23-23, 12:24 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 149 Posts

I thought it was an automatic system? If you get in an accident it is supposed to call you. That s what I read. If I need help, I'm not calling Lexus. Some of the stories I've seen on this forum, sorry, should have said nightmares. Anyway, I have a cell phone and I don't know too many people who do not know how to use one. My grandchildren know how to do things with a cell phone I've never heard of. So should the need arise, I'll let the system call me while I'm on the phone to 911 or someone else.

Old 06-23-23, 01:19 PM
Sounds
Advanced

Originally Posted by SgtLip
I thought it was an automatic system? If you get in an accident it is supposed to call you. That s what I read. If I need help, I'm not calling Lexus. Some of the stories I've seen on this forum, sorry, should have said nightmares. Anyway, I have a cell phone and I don't know too many people who do not know how to use one. My grandchildren know how to do things with a cell phone I've never heard of. So should the need arise, I'll let the system call me while I'm on the phone to 911 or someone else.
yes it should function automatically if bags are deployed. And they did in my 2014 BMW. I like to Test it similar to testing a smoke detector. When I pick up our NX next week I’ll test the SOS periodically to make sure it’s functioning. I tested my X3 one time and did not work.
The BMW Assist encourages the owner to test the system here and there. Simply hit the SOS and when the operator comes on simply say you are testing system. They’ll tell you where you are, what are are driving, etc. ​​​​​
I got T boned by an insured distracted driver. The bags went off and stunned me severely. Middle of intersection in a nutzo state wondering what just happened. A voice asked me if I was ok .. do I need help, etc. BMW sent help. I would never buy a vehicle without the SOS. The bags can render the driver unconscious. That’s the beauty of the SOS being automatic. But it has to work to begin with. All I’m asking is has anyone tested their system. How’s the response?
sgt…. Nice White w/black trim NX…

Last edited by Sounds; 06-23-23 at 01:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (06-23-23)
Old 06-23-23, 01:43 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 149 Posts

Makes sense. I guess with the navigation working off the cloud now, I assumed (yes I know what that means) big brother was watching.

As for colors, would never have been my choice. Wife's ONLY choice is the white color exterior. But having said that, neither of us would have ever chosen Red Interior. It will grow on you but our choice has always been the Palomino Interior. We've had that or similar named color on the last 5 Lexus ES's and Toyota Avalon. I will say the white is growing on me but I chose colors that are out of the norm. I am so sick and tired of seeing the same 5-6 colors on the roads. My Subaru Special Edition XV Crosstrek-Yellow, Subaru Forester-White that was wrapped Yellow, Dodge RAM 1500-Yellow, Dodge Dakota-Yellow, Ford F250-Dark Blue, Ford F150-Dark Blue. So other than the Blue Ford Trucks, I'll go bright and sunny. Yellow exterior with Black accents and interior would be my choice.

Note: The 23 NX450H+ was an anomoly. It was chosen for us by Lexus. The none EV states like Florida, Texas and others cannot get 450's. But they do send 1 450 to each dealer. I lucked out and was chosen to be offered that model and I grabbed it. We ordered an NX350H in White with Palomino back in March 2021 and couldn't even find one to steal let alone buy. So when offered I said yes. Just lucked out on it being the wife's choice of white.

Last edited by SgtLip; 06-23-23 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Added Note
Old 06-23-23, 02:13 PM
Sounds
Advanced

Makes sense. I guess with the navigation working off the cloud now, I assumed (yes I know what that means) big brother was watching.

As for colors, would never have been my choice. Wife's ONLY choice is the white color exterior. But having said that, neither of us would have ever chosen Red Interior. It will grow on you but our choice has always been the Palomino Interior. We've had that or similar named color on the last 5 Lexus ES's and Toyota Avalon. I will say the white is growing on me but I chose colors that are out of the norm. I am so sick and tired of seeing the same 5-6 colors on the roads. My Subaru Special Edition XV Crosstrek-Yellow, Subaru Forester-White that was wrapped Yellow, Dodge RAM 1500-Yellow, Dodge Dakota-Yellow, Ford F250-Dark Blue, Ford F150-Dark Blue. So other than the Blue Ford Trucks, I'll go bright and sunny. Yellow exterior with Black accents and interior would be my choice.

Note: The 23 NX450H+ was an anomoly. It was chosen for us by Lexus. The none EV states like Florida, Texas and others cannot get 450's. But they do send 1 450 to each dealer. I lucked out and was chosen to be offered that model and I grabbed it. We ordered an NX350H in White with Palomino back in March 2021 and couldn't even find one to steal let alone buy. So when offered I said yes. Just lucked out on it being the wife's choice of white.
You have a beautiful NX … my first choice is Red. I love it on the NX.. so do the police. My nephew bought a bare Crosstrek / gears. (cheap basterd) .. he loves it. Our cousin only buys Subaru’s. He knows something we don’t know.
The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (06-23-23)
Old 06-24-23, 08:31 AM
2023NX350h
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Big brother Lexus is definitely watching....I got an on screen error about a suspension issue and the all wheel drive turned off. A few minutes later Lexus called me and asked if everything was OK and if I needed to book a service appointment with my dealership.
The following 2 users liked this post by 2023NX350h:
Doug007 (06-24-23), SgtLip (06-24-23)
Old 06-24-23, 08:37 AM
Sounds
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2023NX350h
Big brother Lexus is definitely watching....I got an on screen error about a suspension issue and the all wheel drive turned off. A few minutes later Lexus called me and asked if everything was OK and if I needed to book a service appointment with my dealership.
I hope someone is looking out for me 😆
The following 2 users liked this post by Sounds:
Doug007 (06-24-23), SgtLip (06-24-23)
Old 06-26-23, 06:16 AM
Tinkertech
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

My wife UX200 was in a bad wreck. Front end pushed up to the firewall. All airbags blown. Not her fault, some guy blew thru a red light at over 60 MPH. He walked away, my wife ended up in the hospital. Yes, my wife heard Lexus ask if all was ok. Happened in front of a fire station, immediate response. Needless to say car was totaled, now she has a new NX.
Old 06-26-23, 06:37 AM
Sounds
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tinkertech
My wife UX200 was in a bad wreck. Front end pushed up to the firewall. All airbags blown. Not her fault, some guy blew thru a red light at over 60 MPH. He walked away, my wife ended up in the hospital. Yes, my wife heard Lexus ask if all was ok. Happened in front of a fire station, immediate response. Needless to say car was totaled, now she has a new NX.
Good luck with the new NX ..
The SOS is a must have in any car we now buy. Please test the system periodically to make sure it’s communicating.