NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Should I bail

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-23, 04:25 PM
Sounds
Advanced

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts
Default Should I bail

2024 350Lux...Taking delivery 6/28. Deposit is refundable. The infotainment issue seems to be a big complaint. Mainly CarPlay. How about the Navigator. Is that an issue. I'll make up my own mind but I don't want any known aggravation. I do not like what I'm hearing. Someone tell me everything is going to be ok and I'll be happy ever after
Old 06-26-23, 05:11 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 100 Posts

28th is my birthday so I say go for it! Have only had my 2024 NX350h Premier for 4 weeks but just drove to and from Banff from Vancouver WA and the car was perfect. Everything worked as promised. Nonetheless...YMMV. Good luck!
The following 2 users liked this post by romer:
Doug007 (06-27-23), LStoneX (06-27-23)
Old 06-26-23, 05:22 PM
Sounds
Advanced

Originally Posted by romer
28th is my birthday so I say go for it! Have only had my 2024 NX350h Premier for 4 weeks but just drove to and from Banff from Vancouver WA and the car was perfect. Everything worked as promised. Nonetheless...YMMV. Good luck!
hey … happy birthday.. have a great day. Enjoy…it’s your day .. you own it
Old 06-26-23, 05:37 PM
oregonkat
Pit Crew

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Sounds
2024 350Lux...Taking delivery 6/28. Deposit is refundable. The infotainment issue seems to be a big complaint. Mainly CarPlay. How about the Navigator. Is that an issue. I'll make up my own mind but I don't want any known aggravation. I do not like what I'm hearing. Someone tell me everything is going to be ok and I'll be happy ever after
If you're already thinking aggravation and predisposed to it, you should bail. From your signature, you don't need another car. Somebody else will be glad to get it.
The following 2 users liked this post by oregonkat:
Dkaplan (06-30-23), romer (06-26-23)
Old 06-26-23, 06:21 PM
Sounds
Advanced

Originally Posted by oregonkat
If you're already thinking aggravation and predisposed to it, you should bail. From your signature, you don't need another car. Somebody else will be glad to get it.
I'm use to aggravation. I'm on my 2nd marriage. However my wife likes the NX and we are moving forward. We have other cars and same deal.... some swear by them and some swear at them. All vehicles have a hiccup or two... I'm going with the NX for various reasons... just surprised the info system is problematic. I'm not that concerned with the Apps, Card.
Old 06-26-23, 06:28 PM
Brisky27
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

My take as an owner, after reading many similar prior to getting has been to keep it all as simple as possible and I have had no CarPlay failures since I implemented this setup below

(obviously aware this may not work for dual drivers - and a convo on whether you should have to do this)
  1. Use only One Key Fob
  2. Dont use the Card Key
  3. Always lock the car, even if in garage - easiest way is touching the outside door handle with key in pocket after exiting - this helps “recognize” the driver on entry
  4. Wait a literal full second before shifting into gear after starting car

With this setup CarPlay works everytime for me and it’s become habit
The following 4 users liked this post by Brisky27:
Dkaplan (07-01-23), dklanecky1 (06-27-23), romer (06-26-23), SgtLip (06-27-23)
Old 06-26-23, 06:33 PM
Sounds
Advanced

Originally Posted by Brisky27
My take as an owner, after reading many similar prior to getting has been to keep it all as simple as possible and I have had no CarPlay failures since I implemented this setup below

(obviously aware this may not work for dual drivers - and a convo on whether you should have to do this)
  1. Use only One Key Fob
  2. Dont use the Card Key
  3. Always lock the car, even if in garage - easiest way is touching the outside door handle with key in pocket after exiting - this helps “recognize” the driver on entry
  4. Wait a literal full second before shifting into gear after starting car

With this setup CarPlay works everytime for me and it’s become habit
Thank you... I appreciate the info. One thing I do know.... The members here are great. Sharing and supporting. I know I'll be able to work my through what ever comes up. I'm putting the brown bag down... I'm breathing better now.
Old 06-27-23, 12:06 AM
GXWes
Pit Crew

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

First year car. With a completely new electronics infotainment systems.

There’s going to be more issues than just CarPlay. If that’s a show stopper. Buy a Certified Pre Owned 2022 NX

Drive it till 25 or 26. Hopefully they will have all the bugs fixed by then
Old 06-27-23, 04:43 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,114 Likes on 722 Posts

Six months with our 2023 NX350h and friend four months and neither have had the first problem. At first wives older Samsung would connect with Android Auto immediately about 50% of the time. My newer S21 no problem. Got her a S22 and have not had one problem.
The following users liked this post:
Sounds (06-27-23)
Old 06-27-23, 06:05 AM
Sounds
Advanced

I'm in.... if the NX does not check out tomorrow for any reason I'll gladly take a different one. Red with Pal or Cloud w/Red... I'm easy. First accessory will be a Modern Spare (ordered). Second will be a full size OEM wheel/tire for the garage. This question is for the guys if the NX is hers. Do you take it by mistake. Do you take it and beg for forgiveness instead of asking for permission? Do I say my car won't start and I need hers? I need to cruise listening to my favorite jazz on that Mark Levinson.
I am fascinated what a vehicle has turned in to. My first car was a 66 Dodge Coronet ...fully loaded at $2800 new. Had AC and an AM radio. I remember cars when they had no seat belts, not side view passenger mirror. No turn signals. No air bags (damn I'm old). Vehicles today are a computer/telephone/sound system on wheels. And I love them

Last edited by Sounds; 06-27-23 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-27-23, 07:30 AM
COVA2023
6th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Curious about your comment regarding the Card Key. Since Toyota/Lexus can't figure out how to deliver $60k cars with 2 FOB's, I have used the Card Key exclusively when I drive my wife's 450h+. It's never caused a problem with the infotainment system. I have found wireless connectivity is buggy but wireless is ALWAYS less dependable than wired. I have always plugged my phone into the system when using CarPlay and the results have been fine. Infotainment systems have got to be the least dependable feature on today's cars. Lexus is not the only one to struggle with new systems. The good news should be that bugs will eventually be ironed out via software updates. Until then, we should enjoy everything else the NX brings to the party.
romer (06-27-23)
Old 06-27-23, 07:44 AM
Sounds
Advanced

Wireless car play.... Does CarPlay work if the phone is connected with a cable? Or is it a dedicated wireless system?
Old 06-27-23, 08:11 AM
Doug007
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Sounds
Wireless car play.... Does CarPlay work if the phone is connected with a cable? Or is it a dedicated wireless system?
Apple CarPlay works both wirelessly and connected via USB. I've found that connecting via USB is often more reliable.
Sounds (06-27-23)
Old 06-27-23, 12:43 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts
Default Don't bail! Enjoyable

Originally Posted by romer
We should do a lower mainland NXh meetup.

Did the drive last year from Vancity to Calgary and back. Cast was fantastic and a breeze all through. Driving up the Coq was bliss. Did another drive up to Kelowna in April and it was also great. Got the car just over a year ago, I have just over 24000kms on the odometer and I love the car more every day.

The following 2 users liked this post by LStoneX:
romer (06-27-23), Sounds (06-27-23)
Old 06-27-23, 12:46 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by GXWes
First year car. With a completely new electronics infotainment systems.

There’s going to be more issues than just CarPlay. If that’s a show stopper. Buy a Certified Pre Owned 2022 NX

Drive it till 25 or 26. Hopefully they will have all the bugs fixed by then
Not particularly exact. Mine was assembled in May 2022, and it's a breeze with no issue. One year old now with 24000 kms on the odometer and it's getting better each day... Like fine wine😜😁
Sounds (06-27-23)

Quick Reply: Should I bail