NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-23, 03:52 PM
jsmith
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

With Black Friday deals going on, the AtomicLexus Bass Booster setup is at less than $90k. The amp alone is discounted at $44 shipped! Did I miss anything?

OEM adapters $8.00
RCA connectors 4pk $5.00
Amazon amp $44.00
Line filter $7.50
Amp power plug $8.73
Power connector $15.00
Total $88.23
Old 11-21-23, 11:26 PM
tdlnfm
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=AtomicLexus;11612931]vagy a kapcsolat. Kipróbálnék más forrásokat, és megnézném, hogy a hátsó hangsugárzókkal van-e ugyanez a probléma. Nézze meg, nem változtak-e a fejegység egyensúlyi beállításai, és esetleg indítsa újra a fejegységet.[/QUOTE
Everything is fine now, the problem was with the bluetooth transmission of the Iphone13. Thanks for the help!

You were right about the dashboard speakers: on the one hand their treble transmission is very poor, and on the other hand their distortion is extremely high. Now I have also replaced the center too with a JL. (TR350-CXI)
Old 11-25-23, 03:45 PM
usr01
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AtomicLexus and tdlnfm, thank you!
This thread is gold.
Tdlnfm, thanks for taking apart the original subwoofer. I’ve been tempted to disable that subwoofer and try dropping in a different driver. You’ve blazed a great trail.

I just created a new thread (wanted to make it easier to find) about this dashboard replacement speaker
https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...ries/TS-A1081F

It's decent and fit perfectly.
The following users liked this post:
tdlnfm (11-25-23)
Old 11-26-23, 11:16 PM
tdlnfm
Driver

[QUOTE=usr01;11619558]AtomicLexus and tdlnfm, thank you!
This thread is gold.
Tdlnfm, thanks for taking apart the original subwoofer. I’ve been tempted to disable that subwoofer and try dropping in a different driver. You’ve blazed a great trail.I liked it, because this replacement does not reduce any factory functions or space, an a large OEM subwoofer "box" is free given. Replacing for a strong subwoofer and adding a "muscular" amplifier tha bass defeats the ML system. However, my experience is that the 4 OEM screws are not enough to secure the factory box, it vibrates and rattles so much. Of course, there is a solution, if necessary, I will send pics. What kind of subwoofer you choosed?

Old 11-30-23, 06:12 PM
jsmith
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicLexus
This is the impossible to find connector WITH the pigtail wires, no crimp tool required! This should save everyone many hours.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/22558...yAdapt=glo2usa
Search for "2 Pin male female 12808 Auto alto horn plug,2P JBL Mid-range speaker plug connector with wire for Toyota"
If you purchase as depicted, you will get two females. Don't you want one male and one female so you can plug the new amp in between the old wiring?
Old 01-25-24, 10:21 PM
musicthebee
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you think Rockford p3sd4-8 can fit without any modifications? If so, would you advise this?

Specs

Originally Posted by tdlnfm
The most important feature of a subwoofer is a low resonance frequency, and the Audison is the best in this (fs: 30Hz). The 63 Hz of the Pioneer TS-A LD2000 is incomprehensible. I will post pictures of OEM parts. The max mounting depth of speaker without ring is 3,0".The removal of two screws on the left in the drawing you posted are problematic: 90179 requires very flexible hands and 90119 requires a 12" long socket wrench.
Old 01-25-24, 11:43 PM
tdlnfm
Driver

You will have to melt the corner marked with a red x. The P3SD4-8 is not a bad sub, but a bit undamped (high Qts).
But... after half a year of testing, I can say that there are two big problems with this project: 1. The light, plastic OEM box is not suitable for serving such powerful speakers. 2. A little, 8" subwoofer is not enough for this car, minimum 10" one with a power of over 200W is needed. (At least if you listen to music while driving, not in the garage...)

I will post an update soon based on a JL 10W3-v3-2 on completely different bases.

musicthebee (01-26-24)
Old 01-26-24, 02:06 AM
Lexicon1
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts

A few questions...hope someone can answer them.
1) is the Lexus 10 speaker Pioneer system identical to the Rav4 10 speaker Pioneer system ?
2) I've noticed that people select different front dash speakers...what is the Ohm rating and sensitivity of the OEM Stock system dash and door speakers ?
Some folks use 2.3 Ohm, 3 ohm and 4 ohm dash speakers , the sensitivity ranges from 86 dB to 90 dB wouldnt it be better to match the sensitivity to the OEM dash speakers since they are matched to the DOOR speakers? In another thread, a poster is using Alpine S2-S40 4 inch dash speakers which are 4 ohm 86 dB sensitivity speakers.
3) Why change the center speaker in the Lexus? there was a post to add a resistor to minimize its sound contribution ? If you just leave the original OEM speaker why would that be an issue if it is mainly for the phone ?
I appreciate any answers to the above questions
Old 01-26-24, 04:23 AM
tdlnfm
Driver

1. No
2. OEM speaker's impedance is 4 ohm (except of sub: 2.5 ohm). Sensitivity of potential 3.5" speakers are simililarly to OEM one ~ 83dB/W/1m. You are right dush speakers must be coordinated with door ones (shifts to a high trebles, becomes too muffled, etc.), but fortunately, the better (more expensive) speakers sound quite balanced, there is no such danger. You can fit 4" speakers to dash too, but the grill size above (effective diemeter) only 3"...
3. Not only for phones, center speakers helps in stereo listening too: boosts to the farer speaker, so you always hear the music directly front. Changing or not: for me, the distortion of the OEM center sp. was noticeable with the sound of the navigation (Waze app.).

musicthebee (01-26-24)
Old 01-28-24, 09:15 AM
Zlobix
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Привет!
спасибо большое за полезную информацию!
Хочу попробовать самостоятельно установить на панель усилитель и три фронтальных динамика.

Last edited by Zlobix; 01-28-24 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Ошибка
Old 01-28-24, 09:20 AM
Zlobix
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by atomiclexus
Синяя защитная лента над стойками А ведет к минимуму любых повреждений. И да, они медведи, от которых можно отделаться. Если бы у меня было руководство по обслуживанию, то, скорее всего, вам сначала нужно было бы снять крышку передних стоек, но, поскольку там находится подушка безопасности, а у меня нет заводских инструкций по расположению креплений, я думаю, что лучше там не возиться .

Рад видеть, что вы смогли использовать разъемы для удержания динамиков на месте, а не с помощью застежек-молнии. Я сделал то же самое.

Я предполагаю, что у вас нет гибрида, поэтому вам нужно подключиться к розетке на 12 В. Я сделал то же самое, пройдя через отверстие в крышке бензобака. Эти маленькие черные разъемы в портативном наушнике для фотографий работают очень хорошо. Я заклеил его после подключения, чтобы он никогда не разъединился. Я также добавил пластиковый кабелепровод вокруг проводов питания и заклеил его скотчем. Это была самая сложная часть всей установки. Гибридным людям слишком легко приходится работать с аккумулятором. Я не смог найти разъем Ťпапа-мамаť для розетки. Если найдете, поделитесь ссылками с другими.

Я думаю, у вас все есть.
Привет!
Спасибо за идею и подробное фото.
Я заказал разъемы Ťпапаť и Ťмамаť на Алиэкспресс. Нужно ли будет подключать их провода к проводу для питания усилителя?
Old 02-01-24, 01:24 PM
Lexicon1
Advanced

Default tdlnfm, how well did the JL TR350-CXI speakers fit and sound

[QUOTE=tdlnfm;11617938]
Originally Posted by AtomicLexus
vagy a kapcsolat. Kipróbálnék más forrásokat, és megnézném, hogy a hátsó hangsugárzókkal van-e ugyanez a probléma. Nézze meg, nem változtak-e a fejegység egyensúlyi beállításai, és esetleg indítsa újra a fejegységet.[/QUOTE
Everything is fine now, the problem was with the bluetooth transmission of the Iphone13. Thanks for the help!

You were right about the dashboard speakers: on the one hand their treble transmission is very poor, and on the other hand their distortion is extremely high. Now I have also replaced the center too with a JL. (TR350-CXI)
1) how did your 3 dash JL speakers (above) sound and were they easy to install without modification in the dash? Cruthfield says they dont fit ,The JL speakers have a 83 dB sensitivity
2) how well do they integrate w the DOOR speakers, when you listen is there a good balance or are they too loud or too low in volume compared w the door speakers?
2) Does anyone know what the actual OEM sensitivity is for the a) dash and b) door speakers? Ive seen figures here but was this the specification from the manufacturer or a guestimate ? The reason I ask is some posts quote that the Sub for example is 3.5 ohm but Crutchfield says 7 ohm who is right
Thanks

Last edited by Lexicon1; 06-07-24 at 09:21 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 02-02-24, 06:13 AM
tdlnfm
Driver

[QUOTE=Lexicon1;11661307]
Originally Posted by tdlnfm
1) how did your 3 dash JL speakers (above) sound and were they easy to install without modification in the dash? Cruthfield says they dong fit ,The JL speakers have a 83 dB sensitivity
2) how well do they integrate w the DOOR speakers, when you listen is there a good balance or are they too loud or too low in volume compared w the door speakers?
2) Does anyone know what the actual OEM sensitivity is for the a) dash and b) door speakers? Ive seen figures here but was this the specification from the manufacturer or a guestimate ? The reason I ask is some posts quote that the Sub for example is 3.5 ohm but Crutchfield says 7 ohm who is right
Thanks
1. They fit perfectly, only bolts need to be pulled a little closer to the speakers.
2. Very good integration, I think the door speakers are fine. On the other hand, it is advisable to dampen the door with Dynamat it vibrates a lot.
3. I measured the dashboard speakers: 83 dB, but only estimated ~92 dB/W/m for the doors. The impedance of the subwoofer is exactly 2.5 (two point five) ohms, I measured it, and this is also the factory specification. Crutchfield's datas are not reliable always.

Last edited by tdlnfm; 06-01-24 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-02-24, 08:18 AM
Lexicon1
Advanced

thanks tdlnfn
Does anyone have an actual great picture of the passenger or driver door speaker? Crutchfield claims its 6x9 but I thought I saw some folks installing 6.5" round speakers...is the OEM a perfect 6x9 or is it slightly oblong and there is no clean replacement...just asking Thanks
Old 02-02-24, 10:27 AM
tdlnfm
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexicon1
köszönöm tdlnfn
Van valakinek tényleges jó képe az utasoldali vagy a vezetőajtó hangszórójáról? A Crutchfield azt állítja, hogy 6x9-es, de azt hittem, láttam néhány embert, aki 6,5"-es kerek hangszórókat szerelt be... az OEM tökéletes 6x9-es, vagy kissé hosszúkás, és nincs tiszta csere... csak azt kérdezem, köszönöm
Az ML ajtó hangszóró mérete 8x9" (lásd a gyári képeket), a nem ML 7", de a keret ugyanaz a 8x9". Ha professzionálisan szeretnéd frissíteni az OEM-et, akkor inkább a 6x9-es hangszórókat és vannak hozzá adapterek (Metra stb.). OEM hangszóró csatlakozókra is szükség van. Egyes gyártók kínálnak plug-and-play Toyota hangszórókat, de ezek nem 100%-ban plug and play Lexusban: 8https://www.focal.com/en/car-audio/car-audio-kits-solutions/integration/plugplay /focal-toyotar/is-toy-690 , https://powerbassusa.com/products/mo...tem-Toyota%20/ és néhány más hangszóró Toyota adapterrel:
Amazon Amazon

Hangszóró elrendezések

OEM 7" hangszóró (némi Dynamattal...)

Quick Reply: Subwoofer