NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-24, 02:44 PM
tdlnfm
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

[QUOTE=fierymonkey;11759730]

Great idea and work! What amp do you hook up?
Old 07-22-24, 05:46 PM
fierymonkey
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=tdlnfm;11760022]
Originally Posted by fierymonkey

Great idea and work! What amp do you hook up?
Is not my ideal is so polish audio shop ideal I'm hooking up with audiocontrol acm-1.300 will update if everything completed. Awaiting for the amplifier to arrive it will take awhile as I'm living outside the states shipping will take awhile.
Old 07-22-24, 07:59 PM
AtomicLexus
Pit Crew

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by midcow3
@AtomicLexus Do you and other forum members ever participate in forums.audioholics.com; It is mainly home theater audio, but a lot also applies to care audio.
Thanks for the thumbs up.

I have participated in several audio forums, but there are too many users that drink the cool-aid that more money spent means better quality. This pissing contest is a waste of time for everyone. It's like trying to change someone's political or religious beliefs. The CES show used to have (maybe still does but have not been for a few years), many floors of the Palazzo with esoteric ultra high end home audio ($100,000 and up). Some sounded good, others fair. The one thing in common is that all of these sellers/creators believed class D (or even AB) amps and digital signal processors audibly compromise the music, and only a tube amp with a class A power supply (always running full amperage) is the only way to go. Interestingly, few had any real bass to speak of. All the rock concerts I have experienced over the decades have a downward sloping frequency curve (more bass than treble) and many of these audiophile systems tend to have a goal of flat with a gradual downward slope for the low end run off that you get with a sealed encloser. Many use smaller matched drivers to avoid crossovers. This design (remember the Bose 901) fails especially at low bass and high treble. Perhaps classical music or jazz with lots of horns and strings sound good, but in reality the hardest audio range to reproduce clearly are vocals. In the audiophile demos, that was the one thing often absent. The other is the importance of room acoustics. It is far different to sit in front of a speaker on axis than to sit on the sofa with a multitude of sound cancelling/reinforcing nodes. A car is even tougher.

As for home theater, I have always resented Dolby, from the early tape noise reduction that was no more than a treble boost at recording and attenuate it on playback while firms like DBX had compression/expansion that actually worked with much higher signal to noise... but not the financial winner. Dolby continues to offer poorly engineered HT designs for the purpose of selling new equipment. Like the old Win-(in)tel days; more demanding OS requires faster processors. Even now Dolby doesn't provide a logical HT system, they just keep adding unnecessary speakers. The industry priority is sales and not audio. But I digress.

Besides, helping car owners beat the rigged system from auto makers goal of high priced upgrades is fun.

Last edited by AtomicLexus; 07-22-24 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-22-24, 10:16 PM
tdlnfm
Driver

[QUOTE=fierymonkey;11760093]
Originally Posted by tdlnfm

Is not my ideal is so polish audio shop ideal I'm hooking up with audiocontrol acm-1.300 will update if everything completed. Awaiting for the amplifier to arrive it will take awhile as I'm living outside the states shipping will take awhile.
Good choice! I think you'll be satisfied with this system in the long run.
I've installed a variety brand and size of subs (Audison, Rockford, DLS, JBL, Kenwood, Bumper) in my cars before, but the JL W3 series play in a different league.
The following users liked this post:
fierymonkey (07-24-24)
Old 07-23-24, 07:28 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 631 Likes on 418 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by AtomicLexus
Thanks for the thumbs up.

I have participated in several audio forums, but there are too many users that drink the cool-aid that more money spent means better quality. This pissing contest is a waste of time for everyone. It's like trying to change someone's political or religious beliefs. The CES show used to have (maybe still does but have not been for a few years), many floors of the Palazzo with esoteric ultra high end home audio ($100,000 and up). Some sounded good, others fair. The one thing in common is that all of these sellers/creators believed class D (or even AB) amps and digital signal processors audibly compromise the music, and only a tube amp with a class A power supply (always running full amperage) is the only way to go. Interestingly, few had any real bass to speak of. All the rock concerts I have experienced over the decades have a downward sloping frequency curve (more bass than treble) and many of these audiophile systems tend to have a goal of flat with a gradual downward slope for the low end run off that you get with a sealed encloser. Many use smaller matched drivers to avoid crossovers. This design (remember the Bose 901) fails especially at low bass and high treble. Perhaps classical music or jazz with lots of horns and strings sound good, but in reality the hardest audio range to reproduce clearly are vocals. In the audiophile demos, that was the one thing often absent. The other is the importance of room acoustics. It is far different to sit in front of a speaker on axis than to sit on the sofa with a multitude of sound cancelling/reinforcing nodes. A car is even tougher.

As for home theater, I have always resented Dolby, from the early tape noise reduction that was no more than a treble boost at recording and attenuate it on playback while firms like DBX had compression/expansion that actually worked with much higher signal to noise... but not the financial winner. Dolby continues to offer poorly engineered HT designs for the purpose of selling new equipment. Like the old Win-(in)tel days; more demanding OS requires faster processors. Even now Dolby doesn't provide a logical HT system, they just keep adding unnecessary speakers. The industry priority is sales and not audio. But I digress.

Besides, helping car owners beat the rigged system from auto makers goal of high priced upgrades is fun.
LOL the good ole days Bose 901s, Marantz amp, water bed and red **** carpet in my townhouse apartment,

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 07-24-24, 01:11 AM
fierymonkey
Rookie

Finally my dash speaker Jl Audio C2

don't drop this clip is not strongly secure.

have to strip the whole diver side to retrieve this clip.

if the clip didn't drop i think is only a 30min job
The following 2 users liked this post by fierymonkey:
2023NX350h (07-24-24), tdlnfm (07-24-24)
Old 07-24-24, 01:15 AM
fierymonkey
Rookie

jl audio is always the sub to go for, for my preference. I've used w6 and 7 both are wonderful but for this current NX i don't want a big box so i go for w3.
Old 07-24-24, 01:15 AM
fierymonkey
Rookie

[QUOTE=tdlnfm;11760181]
Good choice! I think you'll be satisfied with this system in the long run.
I've installed a variety brand and size of subs (Audison, Rockford, DLS, JBL, Kenwood, Bumper) in my cars before, but the JL W3 series play in a different league.
Mind showing your set up?
Old 07-24-24, 09:00 AM
gamma742
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 66 Posts

[QUOTE=fierymonkey;11760758]

I hope that Tweeter doesn't touch the Grill.?.?
Old 07-24-24, 09:55 AM
fierymonkey
Rookie

[QUOTE=gamma742;11760888]

I hope that Tweeter doesn't touch the Grill.?.?
I'm very sure it will fit.. the only problem you might face is the screw part you need to screw in an angle in order to have 2 screw fitted, if you are more comfortable with 1 screw and cable tie you can try as well as a few guys did it. I did saw a guy driving rx fitted with c2 4 inch was tempted to try, buy shipping to my location is abit long. I have to do the resistor thing for the centre speaker as it is some how louder then the side speaker
Old 07-24-24, 11:20 AM
tdlnfm
Driver

[QUOTE=fierymonkey;11760758]

You can read it this thread # 178
Old 07-24-24, 11:58 AM
AtomicLexus
Pit Crew

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

You can read it this thread # 178
I hope that fierymonkey realizes how you fit the sub in a custom shaped box that maximized box volume with available deck space to properly fit a full size sub. Well done.
The following users liked this post:
fierymonkey (07-24-24)
Old 07-24-24, 12:07 PM
fierymonkey
Rookie

This is the 4inch I was talking about.
Old 07-26-24, 09:39 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 631 Likes on 418 Posts
Lightbulb Nice RX front speaker install video

This is the 4inch I was talking about.
https://youtu.be/gzPuUeL0XGs
Perfect install on the RX , very snug and secure using the same two 10mmm bolts. If this fits the NX then this would be an outstanding upgrade from base NX sound system, Again, the subwoofer would be a secondary consideration and augment the low subwoofer base (20-180 Hertz) and and bass sound (typically considered 60-250 hertz; misses subwoofer very low end 20-60 Hertz; the thumper feel it range)

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 07-26-24, 09:54 AM
fierymonkey
Rookie

Originally Posted by midcow3
Perfect install on the RX , very snug and secure using the same two 10mmm bolts. If this fits the NX then this would be an outstanding upgrade from base NX sound system, Again, the subwoofer would be a secondary consideration and augment the low subwoofer base (20-180 Hertz) and and bass sound (typically considered 60-250 hertz; misses subwoofer very low end 20-60 Hertz; the thumper feel it range)

YMMV,
MidCow3
I was very tempted to have the 4 inch dash, but I wasn't sure if it fits, but though the video, the rx Dash speaker looks the same as our nx. Have to wait 2 more weeks for the amp and sub to arrive by then. I will update. Anyway, i remove the centre speaker as well because the sound overwrite the side. For now, it sounds great without them, but I will fit it back once my resistor arrives.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer