NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

HomeLink

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-23 | 07:19 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Originally Posted by RKF350
If you park outside of your garage you could clear the Homelink codes in your car and strictly use just the phone app.

This would prevent someone from entering the garage if they broke into your car.
only have the one car and it’s the official garage queen. I use the carport to detail it. But that is a good idea. Wish I could get it to cone up on CarPlay.

Old 07-24-23 | 12:52 AM
Kodiak412
Rookie

If you do set your homelink and it is continuously active like a "clicker" one little tip is a good one to use. When you use navigation do not set your HOME to your actual home or neighborhood. Set it to a business (police station) that is outside of your community but once you get there you know how to go. Then if someone steals your car, they cannot just open your garage or drive the neighborhood pressing the homelink to see what house it works.

Last edited by Kodiak412; 07-24-23 at 04:00 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Randyp1234 (07-24-23)
Old 07-24-23 | 03:54 AM
Sounds
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kodiak412
If you do set your homelink and it is continuously active line a "clicker" one little tip is a good one to use. When you use navigation do not set your HOME to your actual home or neighborhood. Set it to a business (police station) that is outside of your community but once you get there you know how to go. Then if someone steals your car, they cannot just open your garage or drive the neighborhood pressing the homelink to see what house it works.
Good points. I use an intersection nearby. Also… never leave paperwork with your address in the glove box. (Owners registration)
The following users liked this post:
SdeGat (07-31-23)
Old 07-24-23 | 06:19 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

[QUOTE=SgtLip;11546719]
Originally Posted by Randyp1234

Gotcha. I use the app (when I remember it). I primarily use it when I'm away to make sure the door is closed. I went out of town one day and forgot to close the door when we left. The neighbor found it open and called me. He closed it for me and I got the app then. Comes in handy.
Our favorite part of the app is where you can schedule it to close the door if you forget. Every once in a while at 9:00pm it alerts us that the door was open and it closed it for us. For those reading this with an older door wishing you had this - the make a stand alone module that you can attach to any door. It will work as long as it has access to Wi-Fi.
Old 07-24-23 | 08:15 AM
mangust
Driver

Originally Posted by RKF350
I’ve asked this for years.

However if you have the garage remote in the car, same difference.

Have a friend who said their Audi did not work when the car is off.
I had an Audi and can confirm this. Much better approach in my opinion.
Ideally, I'd love to see an option for Homelink to turn off after a short time after shutting the car down.
Old 07-25-23 | 01:51 PM
lsft
Racer

[QUOTE=Randyp1234;11546940]
Originally Posted by SgtLip

Our favorite part of the app is where you can schedule it to close the door if you forget. Every once in a while at 9:00pm it alerts us that the door was open and it closed it for us. For those reading this with an older door wishing you had this - the make a stand alone module that you can attach to any door. It will work as long as it has access to Wi-Fi.
I actually have smart routines on my garage door as well. If I lock my entry door, it will auto close my garage doors. So there is no need to forget. My entry to the house door, would auto lock after 10 mins of the door closed. So the whole process will ensure my entry door to the house is always locked, the garage doors are always closed. At most it will be open for 11 mins of forgetting.