NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Can the Blind Spot Monitor issue audible signal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-23 | 06:50 AM
memacman
3rd Gear

Default Visual & Auditory Warnings

Originally Posted by Droid13
But every single other safety feature is accompanied by additional non-visual feedback. The NX LSS 3.0 is like an orchestra except for this single feature.
Recently purchased a used 2016 Rx Lexus 450h. As far as the warning systems in this vehicle, it’s taken some time to become accustomed to them. The BSM system with visual & sound warnings were at first easy to ignore. But no longer an issue, it would be foolish of me to ignore them and frankly I’m thankful to have them. Having said that, I find myself wanting to see the left & right BSM visual warnings to be displayed in the rear view mirror as well. I think I tend to glance at the rear view mirror more often then the side view mirrors and I think having those warnings ALSO located in the rear view to be a time advantage too in that it seems (to me) to be a split second quicker then via side view mirrors. However, I would miss them if they didn’t display on the side view mirrors. Our oldest has the RAV4 hybrid which has a tactile warning system that vibrates the steering wheel in addition to the visual warning displays in the side view mirrors that occurs on/in the steering wheel if attempting to move into a lane with an oncoming vehicle. I think the RAV4 also tries to counter a drivers input when steering into harms way. It could well be the newer RX 450h models have all these features built in too. My guess is it’s only a matter of time before those safety features become standard equipment. I’d guess the car insurance folks, among other concerned groups, are monitoring contemporary accident data to watch the safety trends.