NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Hey Siri Not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-23, 10:24 PM
AdamAus
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Siri Not working

Has anyone had issues with Hey Siri not working in a 2022 350h. We've got 4 phones loaded into car profiles.. and none of them will work. Pressing the steering wheel button will engage Siri in CarPlay, and Hey Lexus spoken commands also work. Just not Hey Siri...

Our phones all work with Hey Siri spoken commands in the house, but as soon as a handset connects via CarPlay in the 350h, the Hey Siri command just doesn't operate. As an example I ask Siri to close our garage door through a HomeKit app as I am in the car, but if I wait too long after starting the vehicle, then CarPlay boots up and the Hey Siri IOS screen on my phone just shuts down

I've trawled through all setting options in IOS on my iphone, but seems strange that all 4 of our phones phones exhibit the same behaviour.

Thanks, Adam
Old 08-07-23, 09:09 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts
Default Are you on the CarPlay screen

Originally Posted by AdamAus
Has anyone had issues with Hey Siri not working in a 2022 350h. We've got 4 phones loaded into car profiles.. and none of them will work. Pressing the steering wheel button will engage Siri in CarPlay, and Hey Lexus spoken commands also work. Just not Hey Siri...

Our phones all work with Hey Siri spoken commands in the house, but as soon as a handset connects via CarPlay in the 350h, the Hey Siri command just doesn't operate. As an example I ask Siri to close our garage door through a HomeKit app as I am in the car, but if I wait too long after starting the vehicle, then CarPlay boots up and the Hey Siri IOS screen on my phone just shuts down

I've trawled through all setting options in IOS on my iphone, but seems strange that all 4 of our phones phones exhibit the same behaviour.

Thanks, Adam
Hey Siri will only work if you are on the CarPlay screen on the infotainment Otherwise you have to push and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel

Northside Lexus's YouTube tutorial demonstrates this here

Old 08-07-23, 03:56 PM
AdamAus
2nd gear

Originally Posted by LStoneX
Hey Siri will only work if you are on the CarPlay screen on the infotainment Otherwise you have to push and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel

Northside Lexus's YouTube tutorial demonstrates this here

YouTube
Thanks.. even on the CarPlay screen the Hey Siri spoken command will not activate... The microphones are obviously operational as the press and hold on the steering wheel button allows us to give spoken commands. Strange!!
Old 08-09-23, 12:04 AM
clmk
Driver

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

It used to work for me, but it currently doesn't. I complained to the dealer about it but they said it's normal, which is incorrect. It's either an IOS bug or a 21MM bug, or both.
Old 12-19-23, 03:13 PM
Joseines
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AdamAus

Thanks, Adam
I'm having the same issue on an RX 2024, did you resolve this issue yet?
Old 02-19-24, 06:48 AM
debzzla
1st Gear

I have had the exact same issue as you did on my 2022 Lexus nx350h. I have skimmed through the internet looking for solutions. Finally found the solution. You have to lower the system voice volume to the second lowest setting. It sucks bc you can hardly hear Siri when driving but at least you can send out texts and it can read it back to you without it saying what do you want or rant on endlessly.
Old 02-20-24, 11:18 AM
TheCDN
Intermediate

Received 124 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm not sure how this setting is saved or if there is a default that I'm unaware of, but on my '22 350h after I say 'Hey Siri' I can see the microphone appear on my HUD and it turns green color plus the little Siri icon shows up on touch screen. If I'm not hearing anything back from Siri I quickly go to the physical volume button and turn it up. I think you can only adjust the Siri voice volume setting while it's talking or active. Anyways if I miss it by getting to the volume **** too slowly I just activate something like Maps on my phone and as it starts to call out instructions I turn up the volume. For some reason it's always turned way down or silent when I first get into my '22 350h. I don't know if there is a phone setting I can set for this but this is my workaround for it. After I've turned it up that volume level is used for all Siri actions such as reciting texts, map guidance instructions etc. I hope this helps out. If there are multiple phones active (I never have more than one so I can't confirm) you may have to repeat this for each phone possibly, I don't know.

Last edited by TheCDN; 02-20-24 at 11:21 AM.