NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Blind Spot monitor

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-23, 08:36 AM
P5mmx10g
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Blind Spot monitor

strange issue, blind spot monitor status light on the driver side turn on and off randomly only at night. I'm 100% sure there were no car next or close to me.
Old 08-23-23, 08:54 AM
Sounds
Advanced

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by P5mmx10g
strange issue, blind spot monitor status light on the driver side turn on and off randomly only at night. I'm 100% sure there were no car next or close to me.
Never fully depend on those. Is there dirt on the cameras. Definitely have it checked out.
Old 08-23-23, 10:28 AM
TheCDN
Intermediate

Received 124 Likes on 90 Posts

I posted this in another similar post back in July '23:
Very interesting! I have a 2022 NX350h Executive (fully loaded) here in Ontario Canada. My problem I'm experiencing is driver side BSM, but
it is alarming when there's nothing there! At highway speeds anywhere from about 60 mph thru 80 mph typically. It always catches my eye in low light scenarios, haven't noticed it in daytime, and I have made numerous video clips with my phone to show to my Lexus dealer. I just today have it in for the problem. They've checked thru all the data, as these cars record everything! Gave them time stamps when it occurred and a copy of the videos too. By the way iPhones will also provide geolocation data with images to show you not only when but where, and I have had repeats on same roads at different times. They can't see anything in the data that would indicate a fault so far. They've erased the data to start fresh and have asked me to continue to monitor and do a quick snapshot only to record time and date and come back to them when it's occurred again. They are reluctant to try and reteach it presently as they're not positive it needs to be retaught yet and have discussed with Lexus Canada on this as well. I'm guessing here but the roads all have been rough old asphalt or cement that has the car moaning with road noise. I suspect the vibration may be affecting the sensor or a electrical connection somewhere. I have been told sensor is located behind the plastic bumper, one on left and one on right side. These are not the little 'buttons' you can see actually stuck in the plastic bumper but are a radar sensor within the plastic bumper cavity fastened to the metal body structure.

I'm still getting these mystery alarms and continue to video them as well. I'm back in dealership today for my 20,000 km checkup. Will be discussing with them as well as awaiting for my Canadian TSB to come out for same mirror shaking fix.

Sounds stupid but I'm glad I'm not the only one noting the problem. I went into settings and found you could make the warning light in mirror brighter so I did, as it's harder to catch during daylight, but have proof it's happening during day as well. I repeatedly travel on this one particular road fairly regularly as it's on my way to our trailer we camp at. Every time I travel on this one stretch of road it triggers the BSM on driver's side!! Road is old rough pebbled pavement, tires howl badly over this surface. The BSM works fine, catches vehicles like it should, but also alarms when road is rough, at highway speeds when nothing is there too!

Last edited by TheCDN; 08-23-23 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-23-23, 10:46 AM
P5mmx10g
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheCDN
I posted this in another similar post back in July '23:
Very interesting! I have a 2022 NX350h Executive (fully loaded) here in Ontario Canada. My problem I'm experiencing is driver side BSM, but
it is alarming when there's nothing there! At highway speeds anywhere from about 60 mph thru 80 mph typically. It always catches my eye in low light scenarios, haven't noticed it in daytime, and I have made numerous video clips with my phone to show to my Lexus dealer. I just today have it in for the problem. They've checked thru all the data, as these cars record everything! Gave them time stamps when it occurred and a copy of the videos too. By the way iPhones will also provide geolocation data with images to show you not only when but where, and I have had repeats on same roads at different times. They can't see anything in the data that would indicate a fault so far. They've erased the data to start fresh and have asked me to continue to monitor and do a quick snapshot only to record time and date and come back to them when it's occurred again. They are reluctant to try and reteach it presently as they're not positive it needs to be retaught yet and have discussed with Lexus Canada on this as well. I'm guessing here but the roads all have been rough old asphalt or cement that has the car moaning with road noise. I suspect the vibration may be affecting the sensor or a electrical connection somewhere. I have been told sensor is located behind the plastic bumper, one on left and one on right side. These are not the little 'buttons' you can see actually stuck in the plastic bumper but are a radar sensor within the plastic bumper cavity fastened to the metal body structure.

I'm still getting these mystery alarms and continue to video them as well. I'm back in dealership today for my 20,000 km checkup. Will be discussing with them as well as awaiting for my Canadian TSB to come out for same mirror shaking fix.

Sounds stupid but I'm glad I'm not the only one noting the problem. I went into settings and found you could make the warning light in mirror brighter so I did, as it's harder to catch during daylight, but have proof it's happening during day as well. I repeatedly travel on this one particular road fairly regularly as it's on my way to our trailer we camp at. Every time I travel on this one stretch of road it triggers the BSM on driver's side!! Road is old rough pebbled pavement, tires howl badly over this surface. The BSM works fine, catches vehicles like it should, but also alarms when road is rough, at highway speeds when nothing is there too!
Exactly the same issue, I have a NX 250 AWD in US. It seems like happens on low light settings and higher speed. when it first happened, I was searching for a ghost car.

https://www.lexunx.com/bsm_blind_spot_monitor_-69.html
Old 11-20-23, 12:16 PM
TheCDN
Intermediate

Received 124 Likes on 90 Posts

Looking for an update. Has anyone had their issue resolved? I just recently had my driver door mirror replaced along with new bracing and bolts to stop it from shaking. New assembly still doing ghosting alarm when there's nothing there. I've recorded it in action too for evidence to show dealer.