NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

NX450H+ Wobbly Ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-23 | 10:30 PM
ninja14
Rookie

My 2023 nx350 with 18 inch rims has a wobble too. I took it to the dealer a few months back and they said they couldn't replicate what I was talking about and thought it's just the road surface. They said since these are run flat tires with harder side walls that they don't flex and absorb road imperfections very well so what I'm feeling are the road surface. I told them no it's not, I told them I could get a wobble when I'm making a right turn at a light or stop light and giving it lite to medium lite throttle on different roads. I also told them that I feel it more in like 2 and 3 gear when I'm in slow rolling moving traffic between 20-35 mphs. I talked to the head tech and he said he checked the tires, suspension, and axles and saw nothing. He said he never heard or seen any complaints about wobbles on this car and when i could constantly replicate the wobble they'll look deeper into it but they highly believe it's the run flare tired.
Old 09-30-23 | 06:26 AM
Nightlight
Driver

Originally Posted by ninja14
My 2023 nx350 with 18 inch rims has a wobble too. I took it to the dealer a few months back and they said they couldn't replicate what I was talking about and thought it's just the road surface. They said since these are run flat tires with harder side walls that they don't flex and absorb road imperfections very well so what I'm feeling are the road surface. I told them no it's not, I told them I could get a wobble when I'm making a right turn at a light or stop light and giving it lite to medium lite throttle on different roads. I also told them that I feel it more in like 2 and 3 gear when I'm in slow rolling moving traffic between 20-35 mphs. I talked to the head tech and he said he checked the tires, suspension, and axles and saw nothing. He said he never heard or seen any complaints about wobbles on this car and when i could constantly replicate the wobble they'll look deeper into it but they highly believe it's the run flare tired.
Thanks for posting your experience. I don’t believe it’s the tires either because the wobble is too random. It feels like you’re on a boat that hit a wave and suddenly you’re shifting side-to-side while rocking up-and-down. It’s not a harsh straight line bump which is what tires on a tighter suspension would produce. I’m going to run a familiar route while out on errands this weekend and will make note of any consistent spots.

Curious if anyone has changed their tires from run-flats to regular and what changes they noticed in wobble. I’ve read about results in a less noisy and harsh ride which isn’t an issue for me. Just the random wobble.
The following users liked this post:
Billst (10-10-23)
Old 09-30-23 | 09:20 PM
tff
Pit Crew

For those that have ‘the wobble’, curious if you’ve taken out a Lexus service person with you on a drive and pointed out to them exactly the events your referring to?
Is it reproducible at a given location? If so ask to test drive a new one on the lot and see if it behaves the same way.
Old 10-06-23 | 03:42 AM
itsadavy
Driver

Just got a NX350 Fsport with sport tuned suspension and AVS as a loaner. Not much wobble, but just a bit stiffer. Seems like the soft suspension set-up of non-fsport models is causing this wobble~
Old 04-27-24 | 05:51 AM
nfoong
2nd gear

Default Bouncy Rear End on '23 NX 450h+ F Sport with AVS & 20" wheels

Just acquired this vehicle with <10K miles. Love the seats, pickup, looks, etc., but surprised that the rear wobbles/bounces when driving over even small bumps or road imperfections. It happens even at city speeds and gets worse at highway speeds. Found this forum and read everyone's comments. Has anyone found a way to improve it via non-run flats, smaller wheels, wheel alignment, etc.? Thanks.
Old 04-27-24 | 07:16 AM
tundotcom
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by itsadavy
@tundotcom , just wondering if you had this problem before you installed the trd-door stabilizers and did the stabilizers fix some of the problem o:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...abilizers.html
I don't know why I didn't see this until now, but no, I can't say I've experienced the wobbling, before or after the TRD door stabilizers or Tanabe strut bar. I have the 18 inch rims if that matters.
Old 04-27-24 | 04:12 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

I notice a wobble sometimes on my 350h with 18 inch rims, especially if I am in eco or normal mode. I find that driving in sport mode pretty much eliminates it.
Old 04-27-24 | 04:44 PM
AM123
Pit Crew

Default Different Tire inflation?

Originally Posted by chuuck1e
I notice a wobble sometimes on my 350h with 18 inch rims, especially if I am in eco or normal mode. I find that driving in sport mode pretty much eliminates it.
Just thinking out loud. Other than suspension or wheel balance, different tire inflation rates could contribute to the wobble you're experiencing. See if you can check and adjust tire pressures on all the four tires to the recommended levels could help alleviate the issue.
Old 04-27-24 | 04:54 PM
nfoong
2nd gear

I've been driving in Sport mode. Will check the tire pressures. Thanks.