NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Finally

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-23 | 05:24 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Default Finally Taking Delivery

I'm finally taking delivery of my Lexus NX 350 F Sport this coming Wednesday. My original thoughts were with the 350 H but this car was at the dealership in my color combo of Atomic Silver with black interior. They gave me such a good deal on this car it was a no brainer. Now the learning curve begins. I don't know what alot of us would do without the help from all of you on this forum. I am getting a full front PPF installation and have narrowed it down to Xpel or Stek. I'm looking for pro's and con's on these products if you can help. Thank You all.

Last edited by Geopoz; 09-03-23 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Title was not descriptive
The following users liked this post:
rational (09-04-23)
Old 09-04-23 | 10:02 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Don't know the Stek brand. I have the Xpel PPF full front and love it. I did get it ceramic coated as well.

I was surprised to learn the ceramic coating while it doesn't prevent paint chips, it does help with the slickness and the way it fills in the pores of the paint and if a stone should hit the paint or the windshield, it skims right off typically. This is especially helpful on the windshield. But I love my Xpel PPF. I will actually get the whole car done but for now just the full front. I'll get the four doors done next, then the roof and reared last. Baby steps plus it makes it more affordable in pieces.

Old 09-04-23 | 10:05 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SgtLip
Don't know the Stek brand. I have the Xpel PPF full front and love it. I did get it ceramic coated as well.

I was surprised to learn the ceramic coating while it doesn't prevent paint chips, it does help with the slickness and the way it fills in the pores of the paint and if a stone should hit the paint or the windshield, it skims right off typically. This is especially helpful on the windshield. But I love my Xpel PPF. I will actually get the whole car done but for now just the full front. I'll get the four doors done next, then the roof and reared last. Baby steps plus it makes it more affordable in pieces.
Thanks for the info. Which ceramic coating did you have put on? Too many products out there.
Old 09-04-23 | 10:20 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Originally Posted by Geopoz
Thanks for the info. Which ceramic coating did you have put on? Too many products out there.

@geoprz The day after bringing home the 450H+ I corrected the paint (buffed) and clay barred and ceramic coated it myself with Adam's Polishes Ceramic Coating (not their spray on coating) the whole car. Coast me about $150 total.

When I asked the Xpel Dealer about putting Adam's Polishes ceramic coating on the Xpel PPF he said it would void the warranty on the PPF but he couldn't tell me why. So I went ahead and paid to have the whole car ceramic coated by them using the Xpel approved Fusion Plus coating applied. I think he charged me $600 since I had already done the correction and everything.

I know there are lots of companies selling ceramic coating stuff. It's extremely time consuming unless it's a new car. But after you have it on the car, it takes no time to maintain and keep your car looking nice.