NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Detailing almost done

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-23, 05:01 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 149 Posts

How much did they charge to ceramic coat your NX? Just curious how expensive the product is.

Old 09-30-23, 05:13 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtLip
How much did they charge to ceramic coat your NX? Just curious how expensive the product is.
Full front ppf. Headlights, mirrors, door cups. Csu ceramic coated whole car including ppf wheels and windows. Mounted mud flaps and removed door guards. $3400. I would say the ppf was $2000. Mud flaps and door edge guards removal was $100. So it was around $1300. The ceramic coating from gtech was crystal serim ultra that carries a 9 year warranty.
The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (09-30-23)
Old 09-30-23, 05:20 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Geopoz
Full front ppf. Headlights, mirrors, door cups. Csu ceramic coated whole car including ppf wheels and windows. Mounted mud flaps and removed door guards. $3400. I would say the ppf was $2000. Mud flaps and door edge guards removal was $100. So it was around $1300. The ceramic coating from gtech was crystal serim ultra that carries a 9 year warranty.
One other thing I can say is that doing your windows with moderate rain the water just gets flung off your windshield that you don't even need your wipers.
Old 09-30-23, 05:38 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

@Geopoz Paid $2,070 for XPEL - Full Front Coverage, Full Hood and Fenders. Front Bumper. Headlights and Side Mirrors. Then he applied the XPEL Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating to the complete car. Since the car had already been paint corrected, prior to ceramic coating he didn't have to do any of that. He charged me $1,390. But it ONLY has a 4 year warranty. I ONLY went with their Ceramic coating because of the XPEL PPF. He told me that is the only one could apply and protect the warranty. Since I had already applied ceramic coating myself I wanted the PPF coated but had to get the complete car coated with their Fusion Plus product. Just hated the 4 year warranty for that amount.

The car looks awesome. Since mine is white it doesn't show the shine like yours does. I really like your final product though, it looks nice. There are a couple detailers in my area who apply the Gtech Ultra product. So I may consider that down the road.

I completely cleaned mine today. Adam's CS3 Waterless Wash. Had brown Pirelli tires and have scrubbed them 3 times and couldn't get the brown off. Called Adam's Polishes and they sent me a free bottle of their Tire and Rubber Cleaner to try. Washed them twice today and the white mold release was still there but the brown is gone. End up getting a stiff brush and dry rubbed the tires. Finally got the white off. Then I applied their VRT product. Cleaned the interior as well. Long day. Will most likely apply Ceramic Boost tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the time. Shine on!!!

Old 09-30-23, 05:40 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

One other thing I can say is that doing your windows with moderate rain the water just gets flung off your windshield that you don't even need your wipers.
Yes!! I learned about that 5-6 years ago when I applied ceramic the first time. Saves on wiper blades. Plus the less you wipe, the longer the ceramic coating stays on the glass and you get the hydrophobic action.

Old 09-30-23, 06:11 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SgtLip
@Geopoz Paid $2,070 for XPEL - Full Front Coverage, Full Hood and Fenders. Front Bumper. Headlights and Side Mirrors. Then he applied the XPEL Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating to the complete car. Since the car had already been paint corrected, prior to ceramic coating he didn't have to do any of that. He charged me $1,390. But it ONLY has a 4 year warranty. I ONLY went with their Ceramic coating because of the XPEL PPF. He told me that is the only one could apply and protect the warranty. Since I had already applied ceramic coating myself I wanted the PPF coated but had to get the complete car coated with their Fusion Plus product. Just hated the 4 year warranty for that amount.

The car looks awesome. Since mine is white it doesn't show the shine like yours does. I really like your final product though, it looks nice. There are a couple detailers in my area who apply the Gtech Ultra product. So I may consider that down the road.

I completely cleaned mine today. Adam's CS3 Waterless Wash. Had brown Pirelli tires and have scrubbed them 3 times and couldn't get the brown off. Called Adam's Polishes and they sent me a free bottle of their Tire and Rubber Cleaner to try. Washed them twice today and the white mold release was still there but the brown is gone. End up getting a stiff brush and dry rubbed the tires. Finally got the white off. Then I applied their VRT product. Cleaned the interior as well. Long day. Will most likely apply Ceramic Boost tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the time. Shine on!!!
Hey Did a level one paint correction prior to anything else and a good polishing. Still with Lexus paint you still get orange peel at different angles. I still didn't get the final photos from him yet. The photos here it's still not done yet. I'm sure your car looks awesome.
The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (09-30-23)