NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Detailing almost done

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-23, 02:01 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Detailing almost done

They just finished polishing. Tomorrow ppf on full front and gtech ultra ceramic coating will be done. Door edge guards removed and mud flaps installed.

Last edited by Geopoz; 09-19-23 at 02:04 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Geopoz:
billbart63 (09-27-23), Sounds (09-27-23), Tarnshoe (09-19-23)
Old 09-20-23, 05:11 AM
Dblxx
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts

I just did Ceramic on my NX this past weekend (I do it myself) - your car looks fantastic.

PPF was $2000 for the front end... and just couldn't stomach doing it. UGH
Old 09-20-23, 05:35 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dblxx
I just did Ceramic on my NX this past weekend (I do it myself) - your car looks fantastic.

PPF was $2000 for the front end... and just couldn't stomach doing it. UGH
Yes that's what they get. That seems to be the going price everywhere. I figured the cost of the car was worth the investment. $5000 off msrp helped me make that decision.
Old 09-20-23, 06:52 AM
Dblxx
Pit Crew

I wish all the models came with body colored wheel well trim... what a difference that makes in the whole car.
The following users liked this post:
Freds430 (09-20-23)
Old 09-20-23, 11:28 PM
GXWes
Pit Crew

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

I wish all the models came with body colored wheel well trim... what a difference that makes in the whole car.
Thats why I always buy black cars
Old 09-21-23, 04:54 AM
Dblxx
Pit Crew

I'm thinking... technically I could buy white Fsport wheel well trim and replace my black ones?
Old 09-26-23, 02:50 PM
Ryko
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm thinking... technically I could buy white Fsport wheel well trim and replace my black ones?
you could but I believe the paint codes are different. Non f-sport models have Element White Pearl while F-Sport models have Ultra White.
Old 09-26-23, 03:13 PM
Sounds
Advanced

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by GXWes
Thats why I always buy black cars
I swore never to get married again or by a black car
Geopoz (09-26-23)
Old 09-27-23, 06:26 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 573 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Sounds
I swore never to get married again or by a black car
LOL, yep. My very first new car (back in 1986) was black. Was never going to do that again, that is until last month almost 40 yrs later. My wife wanted a car, but she drives so infrequently and we decided we needed a bit of a beater to save the NX salty roads, messy cargo, and uncaring mother-in-laws determined to wreck interiors with pointy canes so we bought a slightly used Forester (I came close to buying a new Forester Limited because I like Subarus, before ending up with the NX). Anyway, we went to a dealer that had two Foresters, one grey, one black, same year, same mileage, still some factory warranty left, etc. On the way there wife was saying "I don't want the black one" and I'm "I definitely agree". But when we saw the two (both were just arrived off-lease returns that had no cleaning done yet) the grey one was obviously completely unloved. It was absolutely and disgustingly filthy, all seats stained, starting to rust, carpets were totally crusted over with winter salt (in Aug, wtf?), the engine bay looked like the vehicle had just been pulled out of 20 yr storage in a barn. The black one was clean and drove very nicely with only very minor scuffs, so we took it. But yea, even the very slightest scuff in the black paint stood out like the Batman signal shining in the sky overhead. But it was meant to be a beater, so no tears when the next scuff shows up and Batman arrives.
Sounds (09-27-23)
Old 09-27-23, 05:04 PM
af17609174
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a NX350H today with black wheel extenders so am wondering which models come with body color?

Old 09-28-23, 07:51 PM
GoneSkiing
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe its the F Sport trims that come with body color wheel trim.
Old 09-29-23, 12:57 AM
Pandaroo
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

OP, the gloss is great, detailer did a fantastic job. CSU is an amazing coating. I was tossing between that and gyeon infinite. Ended up with gyeon.

Now it is a matter of keeping everything clean and top up the coating every couple of months.

Below is after a rinseless wash + some ceramic detailer. Back breaking work, but so worth it when your NX is so shiny and hydrophobic.

Old 09-29-23, 05:39 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Pandaroo
OP, the gloss is great, detailer did a fantastic job. CSU is an amazing coating. I was tossing between that and gyeon infinite. Ended up with gyeon.

Now it is a matter of keeping everything clean and top up the coating every couple of months.

Below is after a rinseless wash + some ceramic detailer. Back breaking work, but so worth it when your NX is so shiny and hydrophobic.
Yes I also like the gloss on yours. The gtech ultra comes with a 9 year warranty so no worry about reapplying just maintain. Mine is almost to much gloss. With all the curves on the body side you think your seeing dents in the car which are not there. Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-29-23, 04:44 PM
Pandaroo
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

Yep they look fantastic in the sun, almost too glossy.

When I said top up, i meant the adding your brand's ceramic maintenance product. I am sure they recommended you to use C2V3 every 6 months or so, unless you are bringing it back to the detailer do your maintenance.
Old 09-29-23, 06:07 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Pandaroo
Yep they look fantastic in the sun, almost too glossy.

When I said top up, i meant the adding your brand's ceramic maintenance product. I am sure they recommended you to use C2V3 every 6 months or so, unless you are bringing it back to the detailer do your maintenance.
The gtech csu cannot be purchased by the public. You have to be accredited by gtech. My detailer had to go to Georgia and have gtech certify him.

Quick Reply: Detailing almost done