NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Comfort+ package in the US

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-23, 04:50 PM
idg
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Comfort+ package in the US

I was looking for a garage based trickle charge solution for my 2023 Nx350h, mainly when I leave on a month+ vacation. There are many options but I noticed that Lexus Canada offers a Comfort+ package for trickle charge with an engine warmer. What I found attractive is a Battery Trickle Charger part, available in Canada, that uses a bumper mounted socket that can be connected to an external outlet with a car locked. I inquired with a couple of Souther California dealers and they were clueless about it. Did anyone see it in the US? It seems to me a neat solution that I may be willing to invest in.
Old 09-21-23, 06:12 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 149 Posts

Never heard of such a thing. I'd Google/DuckDuckGo it and see what pops up. If it's at a Lexus Dealer in Canada, get the internet out and call a Lexus Dealer in Canada and see what they say. And if you find it, post it so others can look into it as well.

I ran into an issue a week ago and my car wouldn't start or anything including opening the doors. Stuck a charger on the front ports and nothing. Had to use the battery connection in the back to get it to jump. So I'm thinking about a trickle charger as well.

There was a thread here on the forum I saw back in March when I joined. So there are folks out here with trickle chargers you can learn from. Just do a search on the forum itself.

Good Luck

Old 09-21-23, 06:45 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by idg
I was looking for a garage based trickle charge solution for my 2023 Nx350h, mainly when I leave on a month+ vacation. There are many options but I noticed that Lexus Canada offers a Comfort+ package for trickle charge with an engine warmer. What I found attractive is a Battery Trickle Charger part, available in Canada, that uses a bumper mounted socket that can be connected to an external outlet with a car locked. I inquired with a couple of Souther California dealers and they were clueless about it. Did anyone see it in the US? It seems to me a neat solution that I may be willing to invest in.
was on a thread yesterday here talking about the same subject. I also need this for storage during the winter months. Ctek chargers look to be the way to go. They also offer a bumper mount. Just Google. Not cheap but probably cheaper than Lexus
Old 09-21-23, 09:08 PM
idg
Driver

Thank you for the ctek info. I am going to look for it. Regarding the Lexus stuff, just do a search for Lexus Canada Accessories or Lexus Canada Comfort+ and follow the links. The specific part I am talking about is https://s3.amazonaws.com/lexus.site....09212023024057
Old 09-24-23, 08:27 AM
Dblxx
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts

I have a Ctek on mine. Just get the charger... hook it up to the battery and be done with it. If you want to snake it to the front grill and zip tie it, just buy the extended cord.

Super easy. I snake mine under the windshield wiper and under the hood and lay it right on top of the thick rubber gasket and close the hood.

Easy peazy.
Old 09-24-23, 08:29 AM
Dblxx
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Geopoz
was on a thread yesterday here talking about the same subject. I also need this for storage during the winter months. Ctek chargers look to be the way to go. They also offer a bumper mount. Just Google. Not cheap but probably cheaper than Lexus
Ctek calls it "comfort mount"
Amazon Amazon

Old 09-24-23, 09:19 AM
idg
Driver

What is the model number for the Ctek Battery Tender you got?
Old 09-24-23, 09:24 AM
idg
Driver

Sorry for pestering, but did you connect the battery tender in front under the hood or directly to the 12v in the back?
Old 09-24-23, 09:29 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by idg
Sorry for pestering, but did you connect the battery tender in front under the hood or directly to the 12v in the back?
Ahhh....you have a 350h. I think your battery is in the back.
Old 09-24-23, 09:29 AM
Dblxx
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by idg
Main battery under the hood. Not pestering at all.

Keep the questions coming. If you want me to take pictures - just say the word. I’ll be home tomorrow.

Dave
Old 09-26-23, 05:53 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

I'm running a 23 450H+, where can I find out which battery tender I'd need for my car? I see they list various amps on the Amazon site.

I was getting the windows tinted and the battery completely croaked after 5 minutes of working on the car. Tried jumping under the hood at the jump points and nothing happened. Went to back of car to get to the battery and hatch wouldn't open. Finally after 5 minutes I decided to go through the back door dropped the backseats down and crawled over into the trunk and pulled the cargo cover up and got to the battery to connect the charger. It was a pain.

All this hassle I've decided to get a charger on there. But I'm clueless which one to buy. Can anyone assist?

Old 09-27-23, 04:47 AM
Dblxx
Pit Crew

Ctek AUTO batter charger - google that on amazon. The Ctek is plug and play, it's a smart charger, after you plug it in... it will figure out the rest.
The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (09-27-23)
Old 09-27-23, 05:18 PM
weaver483
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yep those electric doors draw a lot of current from the 12V battery. The service manager from my dealer strongly recommends a trickle charger if the/a door(s) stay open for any period of time.
Old 09-27-23, 07:30 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Has anyone considered the NOCO Genius Line of Chargers/Maintainers? I have one of their Boosters and they are excellent.
https://no.co/products/charging

I'm looking at the Genius 2D, GEN5X1 or the GENPRO10X1. I just am not sure what amperage my 12V battery is to know which one to purchase.

If the CTEK's are better, can someone share the reason? THANKS

UPDATE
I spoke with NOCO today. ALL of the models I listed above are onboard chargers and are designed for boats and not suited for cars. They suggested using the NOCO Genius 5 model.

As for why I'm considering going with the NOCO Brand is if you buy direct from NOCO you can request a Military Discount and they will send you a code. The last one used was for a Booster and they give a 35% discount. Can't get that with Amazon. Now ya know why I am investigating NOCO.

Last edited by SgtLip; 09-28-23 at 01:34 PM. Reason: UPDATED Post
Old 09-30-23, 06:28 AM
Dblxx
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SgtLip
Has anyone considered the NOCO Genius Line of Chargers/Maintainers? I have one of their Boosters and they are excellent.
https://no.co/products/charging

I'm looking at the Genius 2D, GEN5X1 or the GENPRO10X1. I just am not sure what amperage my 12V battery is to know which one to purchase.

If the CTEK's are better, can someone share the reason? THANKS

UPDATE
I spoke with NOCO today. ALL of the models I listed above are onboard chargers and are designed for boats and not suited for cars. They suggested using the NOCO Genius 5 model.

As for why I'm considering going with the NOCO Brand is if you buy direct from NOCO you can request a Military Discount and they will send you a code. The last one used was for a Booster and they give a 35% discount. Can't get that with Amazon. Now ya know why I am investigating NOCO.
OK - as someone who uses both this is a great question. I use NOCO for my boat batteries - both when on board and in the garage when I take them out for the winter. I also keep a NOCO wireless jumpers in every car I own.

NOCO is (IMO) super top quality and a few notches above Ctek.
The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (09-30-23)

Quick Reply: Comfort+ package in the US