NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Where is digital mirror camera on back of car

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-23, 09:51 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Where is digital mirror camera on back of car

If I want to wipe it down I have to find it and I can’t find it.
Old 09-27-23, 09:58 AM
tundotcom
Pit Crew

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Right under the top brake light. Thanks for the reminder; mine is filthy.

The following users liked this post:
LiBeRtAs (09-27-23)
Old 09-27-23, 10:05 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Applying rainX to rear windshield will help keep it clear.
LiBeRtAs (09-28-23)
Old 09-27-23, 10:12 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 603 Likes on 423 Posts

That's another benefit of the digital rear cam view, save wear and tear on the rear wiper. I think I've done maybe 10 swipes of it to clear a few wayward drops in the 6+ months I've owned the car because I find the window stays pretty clear right under the rear spoiler where the cam is located. Back in March when I got the car, I didn't even notice the window was covered in the last snowfall of the season as the cam view was still clear.
LiBeRtAs (09-28-23)
Old 09-27-23, 12:11 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by tundotcom
Right under the top brake light. Thanks for the reminder; mine is filthy.
On the inside yes I see it now no way to actually wipe the camera only the back glass right?
Old 09-28-23, 03:48 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 601 Likes on 420 Posts

no reason for the camera to get dirty. Only the glass should get dirty, from outside
The following 2 users liked this post by toyotaman7:
LiBeRtAs (09-28-23), romer (09-29-23)
Old 09-29-23, 03:30 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

The camera cover pops off and the camera is exposed and you can clean the lens. I watched the Xpel Tint guy pop it off when they tinted the back window. So it is accessible.

Old 10-06-23, 05:03 AM
GoldenYear
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice spot .

Last edited by GoldenYear; 10-06-23 at 05:12 AM.
Old 10-06-23, 05:37 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Just started using mine this week. Eyes are still adjusting, I wear progressive glasses. I notice at night that the headlights of the cars behind appear as if there is fog outdoors. There is none. Is this an issue with the lens being dirty? Anyone else notice this?

Also, I seem to think the camera is pointed pretty high up. I have adjust it down a bit with the digital adjustment on the mirror. But the cars behind seem to be really close. When I check the side mirrors or flip back to the regular rear view, the cars aren't that close. I know the warning is cars appear closer than they are, but am wondering if there is a way to adjust the camera down a bit so more of the cars behind are visible. I'd be happier if more of the front end of cars behind was visible.
Old 10-06-23, 05:51 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by JasDmw
Just started using mine this week. Eyes are still adjusting, I wear progressive glasses. I notice at night that the headlights of the cars behind appear as if there is fog outdoors. There is none. Is this an issue with the lens being dirty? Anyone else notice this?

Also, I seem to think the camera is pointed pretty high up. I have adjust it down a bit with the digital adjustment on the mirror. But the cars behind seem to be really close. When I check the side mirrors or flip back to the regular rear view, the cars aren't that close. I know the warning is cars appear closer than they are, but am wondering if there is a way to adjust the camera down a bit so more of the cars behind are visible. I'd be happier if more of the front end of cars behind was visible.
@JasDmw I wore progressives when I got the car back in early April. Since then I've had cataract surgery on both eyes and no longer wear glasses. Having said that, it took awhile to get used to it. It also took a lot of adjustments to get it set the way I wanted it. I found you need to turn your head and look at it a little more. Just moving your eyes to glance over at it didn't work. As for fog, I haven't experienced that at all. You can snap the cover off the camera and clean the lens if you think it needs it. It could be the outside of the glass needs cleaning also. I'd start there and then if you think it's foggy, clean the lens.

Old 10-06-23, 05:53 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 603 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by JasDmw

At night, a glare around lights in rear view is typical. And there is no zoom out option so yea, you always get a super close up view of the car (or actually, the driver!) directly behind you. This is the nose picker cam view
SgtLip (10-06-23)