NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

For Nxh owner: Will you install Fsport front and back?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-23, 12:25 PM
L1XUSBABY
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default For Nxh owner: Will you install Fsport front and back?

I really like the front and back of the Nx350 fsport. They look nicer than the regular NXh. Not sure if it is doable in Canada.
Old 10-28-23, 06:32 AM
DXShooter
5th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

No, not me. The F-Sport grill does look nice but for me, it’s more than just the front and back. It’s also the black out roof rails, black side mirrors and body colour fenders that complete the more sporty appearance. The NX 450h+ F-Sport also comes with a chrome-coloured trim at the bottom of the front air dam, like the RAV4 Prime, that I really don’t care for.
Old 10-31-23, 08:37 AM
DenverRx
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by L1XUSBABY
I really like the front and back of the Nx350 fsport. They look nicer than the regular NXh. Not sure if it is doable in Canada.
I gloss black vinyl wrapped the window chrome & roof rails; love how it looks. Ton of time, but only cost me ~$100.
Old 11-02-23, 05:35 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by DenverRx
I gloss black vinyl wrapped the window chrome & roof rails; love how it looks. Ton of time, but only cost me ~$100.
@DenverRx I had mine done and I hate the way the window/mirror chrome trim looks. He initially put the Xpel Gloss Black PPF film on the roof rails and window trim. The roof rails look okay (not great but acceptable). Once we saw the window/mirror chrome trim with the Black PPF he removed it from the window/mirror chrome trim and used Black Gloss Wrap. The PPF is super stiff and durable but due to the close spaces, it just wouldn't seal up good and looked terrible. The Black Wrap looks about 2% better than the PPF but at this point I left it on there until I figure out my next move.

I already purchased Black Aluminum Roof Rails and sent them back to China. They did not match up properly and the only way to install them is to drop the complete headliner as there are bolts and rivets holding the existing rails that can only be accessed after you remove the headliner. Lexus Parts Department said the Lexus Roof Rails are $770 each side plus Install fee. I said no thanks.

I also asked them about the F-Sport Black Chrome Window trim. I was advised the Triangle Piece at the yearend is the Trim and Glass all in one piece and costs $220 each side. Then the remaining pieces of Black Chrome for each door. In total for everything he said it would run around $880 for the Lexus F-Sport Black Chrome. We didn't talk Install fees.

I'm thinking about getting the pieces taken off and Black Chromed or Painted. The guy who installed my PPF, Tint and wrapped the chrome said he knew a guy who could it but I didn't ask him anything else about it. I just dropped the subject until I figure out what to do next.

Old 11-02-23, 05:53 PM
DenverRx
Intermediate

I'm happy with my 3M wrap. Only issue is I had to use Knifeless Tape to make the upper cuts, and around the triangles. There are tiny jagged edges (if you look close). Toyota/ Lexus are really hard to wrap because the rubber trim gives you no room to tuck.
The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (11-02-23)
Old 11-02-23, 06:03 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Agree, up close the edges look like crap. That is exactly what the guy who did mine said that the Lexus is hard to wrap because the rubber trim gives you no room to tuck. I've been thinking about Plasti Diping the Chrome to see if it turns out better.

Old 11-02-23, 06:05 PM
Yandawg
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks great! I just had my Caviar blacked out with the 3m wrap. I also got it ceramic coated. I get to pick. Her up tomorrow. I can’t wait!
SgtLip (11-02-23)
Old 11-02-23, 06:09 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Originally Posted by Yandawg
That looks great! I just had my Caviar blacked out with the 3m wrap. I also got it ceramic coated. I get to pick. Her up tomorrow. I can’t wait!
Come back and share a photo or two. I'd be interested in seeing how it looks. Not the Ceramic or tint, just the Chrome Wrap. I've been ceramic coating and tinting my vehicles for about 6-7 years now.

Last edited by SgtLip; 11-02-23 at 06:10 PM. Reason: typos
Old 11-02-23, 07:08 PM
DenverRx
Intermediate

" I've been thinking about Plasti Diping the Chrome to see if it turns out better."
DON'T DO IT!!!
I tried using Hyperdip (from the makers of PlatiDip) to do the trim. Tried twice with help from their tech staff. Looked awful. Funny, I bought black rails from China as well. Sent them back for your same reason. Wish Lexus would make a 350h F-Sport!
SgtLip (11-03-23)
Old 11-02-23, 07:13 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 532 Likes on 347 Posts
Talking NX isn't a Sports Car

if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

If you wanted a true sports car then you should not have bought a NX

YMMV,

MidCow3
Old 11-03-23, 04:44 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Originally Posted by DenverRx
" I've been thinking about Plasti Diping the Chrome to see if it turns out better."
DON'T DO IT!!!
I tried using Hyperdip (from the makers of PlatiDip) to do the trim. Tried twice with help from their tech staff. Looked awful. Funny, I bought black rails from China as well. Sent them back for your same reason. Wish Lexus would make a 350h F-Sport!
Okay. Won’t bother trying. Thanks for letting me know.