NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

How long was your wait for 2nd key fob?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-23, 10:02 PM
SeismicGuy
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ninja14
So for you guys that got the second key, was it programed and you just pick it up or did they have to program it?
You will need to go to the dealer to program.
Old 11-01-23, 07:15 PM
deedubb
9th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

9 months for me.
Old 11-02-23, 03:51 AM
NacsMXer
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you all receive an owner's manual when you took delivery of your NX?

I received my second fob at the dealer and noticed when I got home that it had no metal mechanical key installed in the bottom. I called the dealer and they told me I should have received the mechanical key with my owner's manual. But they never provided me with any books/owners manual when I took delivery when new.
Old 11-02-23, 05:44 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 544 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by NacsMXer
Did you all receive an owner's manual when you took delivery of your NX?

I received my second fob at the dealer and noticed when I got home that it had no metal mechanical key installed in the bottom. I called the dealer and they told me I should have received the mechanical key with my owner's manual. But they never provided me with any books/owners manual when I took delivery when new.
Yes, and when they gave us FOB1 and Card key, they also gave us the mechanical key for FOB2. All the mechanical keys still comes from the factory regardless of fob allocation.
Old 11-06-23, 10:56 AM
Sinecure
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bought car in June. Asked service advisor last week. He said I'm due in December.
Old 11-06-23, 12:51 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Just took the delivery on Saturday of 2024 and received one fob, credit card fob and an extra physical key for missing fob. There was a sticker on the window about shortage of fobs.
Old 11-06-23, 01:22 PM
SeismicGuy
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke27617
Just took the delivery on Saturday of 2024 and received one fob, credit card fob and an extra physical key for missing fob. There was a sticker on the window about shortage of fobs.
Back to the Future?
Old 11-06-23, 07:50 PM
ninja14
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty upset today so this is going to be a long venting story. So Saturday night my wife went into the Lexus app and saw a notification for a service campaign - second key delivery program. My wife and I was pretty excited when she opened it up and read the message. I told her I was just asking the guys/gals on the forum about how long was their wait time for the second key fob and everybody says 9-10 months. So at the bottom of the message there was a button that says "call dealer" but since it was after hours we knew no one would've picked up the phone so I setup an appointment through our dealerships online portal for 11am this morning. Arrived on time and was sitting in the waiting area for about 15 minutes until my service advisor came to me and said "sir we have no second key fob for you, I'm not sure who told you to come in to get your second key fob". I said the Lexus app notify us that the second key fob is ready. He said that the the Lexus app doesn't notify you that a key is ready. He told me to open the Lexus app to show him, I told him I don't use the app and would have to call my wife to screen shot the message. Once I showed him the screen shot he was surprised because he never seen that. He told me the dealerships only nofity owners through mail and they only go by vin availability and that I'm still on the waiting list but doesnt know how far down I am but he'll talk to his service manager. I asked what do you mean by vin availability and his reply was " we go by cars on a list by the date of purchase or which car has more priority" I said ok I understand the date of purchase list but what do you mean car with more priority, he said " they are cars that only comes with one key fob and doesn't have the feature of having a another access as a card key". He told me he was sorry for the bad news that I wouldn't be getting my 2nd key fob today but he talked to the service manager that since I got the app notification and had the car for more than10 months now that they'll order my key but they don't know the ETA, all he knows is it's no more than 2 weeks. Should've waited this morning and call instead of setting an appointment that Saturday night.

The following users liked this post:
Billst (11-07-23)
Old 11-08-23, 09:09 AM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Just try another dealer.

You don't have to go to your purchasing dealer to get 2nd key. At least in Canada you don't have to.
Just make sure you ask and confirm with the service advisor before going.

Good luck.
Old 11-08-23, 07:24 PM
watmind
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Received my second key about a month ago, picked up the car in Dec 2022, so about 9 months.

Was initially notified through the Second Key Delivery Program Service Campaign but you need to call the dealer first to make an appointment and confirm your key has arrived.
Old 11-09-23, 04:27 AM
JEinDC
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ninja14
Pretty upset today so this is going to be a long venting story. So Saturday night my wife went into the Lexus app and saw a notification for a service campaign - second key delivery program. My wife and I was pretty excited when she opened it up and read the message. I told her I was just asking the guys/gals on the forum about how long was their wait time for the second key fob and everybody says 9-10 months. So at the bottom of the message there was a button that says "call dealer" but since it was after hours we knew no one would've picked up the phone so I setup an appointment through our dealerships online portal for 11am this morning. Arrived on time and was sitting in the waiting area for about 15 minutes until my service advisor came to me and said "sir we have no second key fob for you, I'm not sure who told you to come in to get your second key fob". I said the Lexus app notify us that the second key fob is ready. He said that the the Lexus app doesn't notify you that a key is ready. He told me to open the Lexus app to show him, I told him I don't use the app and would have to call my wife to screen shot the message. Once I showed him the screen shot he was surprised because he never seen that. He told me the dealerships only nofity owners through mail and they only go by vin availability and that I'm still on the waiting list but doesnt know how far down I am but he'll talk to his service manager. I asked what do you mean by vin availability and his reply was " we go by cars on a list by the date of purchase or which car has more priority" I said ok I understand the date of purchase list but what do you mean car with more priority, he said " they are cars that only comes with one key fob and doesn't have the feature of having a another access as a card key". He told me he was sorry for the bad news that I wouldn't be getting my 2nd key fob today but he talked to the service manager that since I got the app notification and had the car for more than10 months now that they'll order my key but they don't know the ETA, all he knows is it's no more than 2 weeks. Should've waited this morning and call instead of setting an appointment that Saturday night.

I can appreciate the general frustration about the key delays, but nowhere in the screenshots you provided does it actually say that the second key is ready. It looks more like the service campaign info finally happened to populate on the app for whatever reason. In most cases with most manufacturers, information is provided regarding service campaigns (and recalls) before the parts are available and/or the work can actually be done. Now maybe they should have said "this is just a notification so you know we're aware of the issue, you will receive a letter in "x"" amount of time when the key is ready for pickup." And I do think it's crazy that this issue has gone on for so long for so many people, but that being said I would still not have interpreted that message the way you and your wife did.

Last edited by JEinDC; 11-09-23 at 05:33 AM.
Old 11-10-23, 02:51 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts
Exclamation 12/31/2023

There are currently 7 phases for Toyota/Lexus. The biggest phase will complete by the end of December 2023. If you don't get your key fob by then you can find out you expected receive date by giving you manufacture date ( inside front door sill) to the Lexus Customer Service 1-800-255-3987

Toyota is limiting key fobs to 1 also on most models.

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 11-10-23, 03:45 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by midcow3
There are currently 7 phases for Toyota/Lexus. The biggest phase will complete by the end of December 2023. If you don't get your key fob by then you can find out you expected receive date by giving you manufacture date ( inside front door sill) to the Lexus Customer Service 1-800-255-3987

Toyota is limiting key fobs to 1 also on most models.

YMMV,
MidCow3
I posted this in another thread but this is what was on my window when i picked up my f sport.