NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

I have a reflection in windshield from HUD area on dashboard...Very annoying.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-23, 02:05 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Default I have a reflection in windshield from HUD area on dashboard...Very annoying.

I have a 2022 NX 350H... When the angle is just right there is a white bar reflection on my windshield when I'm looking straight ahead that is about 2 inches long and an 8th of an inch wide and horizontal, and is coming from the slot on the dashboard where the HUD projection is and when I turn the HUD off it is still there. I say it is coming from there because if I put my hand over the slot in the dashboard where the HUD camera is the reflection goes away. But turning the HUD off makes no difference, it is still there.

This is a new issue, did not do this for the first year I had the car, no I have done nothing different. I did have the windshield tinted about a year ago but this just started a few weeks ago.

I am going to ask the dealer but can imagine what their response will be especially since I wont be able to show them unless we go driving at the exact right time of day etc.

Anyone else?
Old 11-11-23, 03:13 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 236 Likes on 171 Posts

"Exact right time of day" makes me wonder if it's some sort of sun reflection.
Old 11-11-23, 03:23 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by Randyp1234
"Exact right time of day" makes me wonder if it's some sort of sun reflection.
It very likely is sun related, and since it stays there when I turn HUD off there is likely something on my dashboard or windshield or what I don’t know but makes no sense to me.

I have another glass issue, I have the panoramic moonroof with the double panes the back pane of glass at just the right angle looks like it has a bunch of half inch diameter circles of something in it and I can’t rub it out on either side of the glass The word “blotches” comes to mind. Both panes actually. Is this part of the built-in tint of the moonroof glass or something?

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 11-11-23 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-11-23, 07:18 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 236 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs
I have another glass issue, I have the panoramic moonroof with the double panes the back pane of glass at just the right angle looks like it has a bunch of half inch diameter circles of something in it and I can’t rub it out on either side of the glass The word “blotches” comes to mind. Both panes actually. Is this part of the built-in tint of the moonroof glass or something?
Are you looking at it with polarized sunglasses, by chance?
Old 11-11-23, 07:40 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by Randyp1234
Are you looking at it with polarized sunglasses, by chance?
Nope. Not in this case.
Old 11-12-23, 09:37 AM
ChiFSporty
10th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I have seen this same thing once on my 22 NX350 F-Sport. At first, I thought the same thing, that it was the sun shining at a particular angle but after some troubleshooting, that wasn't it. I then thought something broke and I was going to need to take in to get looked at but I waited a day. The next day, the issue was magically gone. Kind of weird...hopefully I don't see it again.

Did the issue clear up for you?
Old 11-12-23, 09:54 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by ChiFSporty
I have seen this same thing once on my 22 NX350 F-Sport. At first, I thought the same thing, that it was the sun shining at a particular angle but after some troubleshooting, that wasn't it. I then thought something broke and I was going to need to take in to get looked at but I waited a day. The next day, the issue was magically gone. Kind of weird...hopefully I don't see it again.

Did the issue clear up for you?
No, it will be there when I am at the right angle at the right time of day with the sun hitting whatever it’s hitting to cause it happen and it’s part of the HUD display for sure even though it still happens when the HUD is turned off.

Thanks for responding.
Old 11-12-23, 11:20 AM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

My 2024 NX hybrid purchased 4 weeks ago, has the same issue. Obviously dependent on angle of the sun, as its not always present. Very annoying.
I can place my hand at the top of the hud dashboard, which prevents the projection of the light on windshield.
Glad to know others are experiencing the same.
Old 11-12-23, 11:29 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by kent2174
My 2024 NX hybrid purchased 4 weeks ago, has the same issue. Obviously dependent on angle of the sun, as its not always present. Very annoying.
I can place my hand at the top of the hud dashboard, which prevents the projection of the light on windshield.
Glad to know others are experiencing the same.
Thanks for responding, what I don’t understand is for the first year I had this car I didn’t see it and I know I didn’t see it because it’s annoying and I would’ve noticed it, so what the heck?

I am going to talk to the dealer about it and I’ll let you know what they say.

Try something for me please, next time it appears turn HUD off and see if it stays, it does on mine.
Old 11-13-23, 07:59 AM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

I had it, but I changed the way I sit, and it went away.
Old 11-13-23, 08:01 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dkaplan
I had it, but I changed the way I sit, and it went away.
Thanks for responding, I have tried that it doesn’t help me at all unless I move halfway across the car.
Old 11-13-23, 12:44 PM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Thanks for responding, I have tried that it doesn’t help me at all unless I move halfway across the car.
I tried! 😀
Old 11-14-23, 07:36 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 122 Posts

Likely you are seeing what's part of the glass tempering process and completely normal. This has affected many cars for many years and is not a manufacturing defect. It's just how it is. These spots are definitely highlighted with polarized sunglasses or looking at the glass at just the right angle with just the right light.
Old 11-14-23, 12:03 PM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

I just remembered that I also adjusted the height of the HUD. You can probably adjust it so that there’s no reflection.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dkaplan:
dklanecky1 (11-18-23), romer (11-17-23)
Old 11-17-23, 09:51 AM
JAM
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the same issue on my 2022 ES wich was a refresh year. Never had that issue with prior cars from Lexus. Dealer and company had no solution. I must live with the white vertical bar certain times of the day and year.

Quick Reply: I have a reflection in windshield from HUD area on dashboard...Very annoying.