NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Memory settings always reset after service

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-23 | 12:37 AM
tiLLIKS
Rookie

Default Memory settings always reset after service

After my 5k, 10k service, my settings have been reset. I press "1" and it doesn't even work. I have to redo my seats and steering wheel. Is this normal? Work around?
Old 12-31-23 | 06:00 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

After you reset are they working moving into the desired position?
Old 12-31-23 | 06:06 AM
tiLLIKS
Rookie

Originally Posted by Freds430
After you reset are they working moving into the desired position?
yeah, I can move them manually back and then press set and 1 to redo it, but it’s kinda annoying that I have to redo everything from the beginning. Is that what they do? Just reset everything where you have to start over?
The following users liked this post:
romer (01-01-24)
Old 12-31-23 | 06:51 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

If this happens after a Lexus dealer's service department services your vehicle I suspect the Lexus technician moved the seat to better fit him as he drove the vehicle inside the building to his work bay.

The technician will often do a mini test drive after servicing it and then he drives it to the customer drop-off/pick-up area - so those two times of him entering and driving the vehicle plus yet another 3rd time when he must get into the vehicle to restart the engine to check things and reset the instrument maintenance reminder - he doesn't want to be uncomfortable or cramped, so he sets the seat when he first gets into your vehicle so it fits him...and that is probably what you are experiencing after the vehicle is serviced.

It shouldn't be a big deal or too annoying for you to program one of the other seat memory positions to duplicate the original primary position so it's easy to recover it again and save it to memory.

Last edited by bclexus; 12-31-23 at 08:57 AM. Reason: orthography
Old 12-31-23 | 07:14 AM
tiLLIKS
Rookie

Originally Posted by bclexus
If this happens after a Lexus dealer's service department services your vehicle I suspect the Lexus technician moved the seat to better fit him as he drove the vehicle inside the building to his work bay.

The technician will often do a mini test drive after servicing it and then he drives it to the customer drop-off/pick-up area - so those two times of him entering and driving the vehicle plus yet another 3rd time when he get into the vehicle to restart the engine to check things and reset the instrument maintenance reminder - he doesn't want to be uncomfortable or cramped, so he sets the seat so it fits him...and that is probably what you are experiencing after the vehicle is serviced.

It shouldn't be a big deal or too annoying for you to program one of the other seat memory positions to duplicate the original primary position so it's easy to recover it again and save it to memory.
I didn’t think of that. Makes sense. I’ll set it to 3 since I have an appointment next Saturday, and see if this is the case.
bclexus (12-31-23)
Old 12-31-23 | 09:24 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by tiLLIKS
I didn’t think of that. Makes sense. I’ll set it to 3 since I have an appointment next Saturday, and see if this is the case.
I wish I could remember the process of setting memory for the seat as in there’s a number on the door that remembers it 1,2 or 3 and then there’s the profile recognizing you when you start the car, (are these different?) I wish there was a step by steps here to show the steps maybe someone has it. Or I could get out the 800 page manual and look for it there I know I found it in the past.
Old 12-31-23 | 09:32 AM
tiLLIKS
Rookie

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs
I wish I could remember the process of setting memory for the seat as in there’s a number on the door that remembers it 1,2 or 3 and then there’s the profile recognizing you when you start the car, (are these different?) I wish there was a step by steps here to show the steps maybe someone has it. Or I could get out the 800 page manual and look for it there I know I found it in the past.
Why are you being a **** about it?
I had it set on the door and I do have my profile set. That’s why I made this thread. Why even bother posting here if you’re going to be a **** and not provide anything valuable to the discussion?
Old 12-31-23 | 09:34 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Why are you being a **** about it?
I had it set on the door and I do have my profile set. That’s why I made this thread. Why even bother posting here if you’re going to be a **** and not provide anything valuable to the discussion?
I’m not doing that at all, I am completely lost here, I’m confused.

I was simply posting that you reminded me that I’m still a little confused about the profile setting versus the setting on the door and I don’t remember the steps that’s all I was doing, why are you so angry I was just posting in case someone wanted to then post the steps?

I am going to assume this is a “failure to communicate“ on my end and say that I was simply doing that and nothing else.

Probably I should’ve started a separate thread.
Old 12-31-23 | 09:37 AM
tiLLIKS
Rookie

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs
I’m not doing that at all, I am completely lost here, I’m confused.

I was simply posting that you reminded me that I’m still a little confused about the profile setting versus the setting on the door and I don’t remember the steps that’s all I was doing, why are you so angry I was just posting in case someone wanted to then post the steps?

I am going to assume this is a “failure to communicate“ on my end and say that I was simply doing that and nothing else.
I’m sorry. I misunderstood you. I thought you were telling me to read the manual. I apologize, sir.
romer (01-01-24)
Old 12-31-23 | 09:38 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

I’m sorry. I misunderstood you. I thought you were telling me to read the manual. I apologize, sir.
Oh I can see how maybe you could get that if I was one of those guys that was really sarcastic and an arsehole 😂

I know what you mean but no that’s not at all what I was doing but it is kind of funny. It’s all good. Have a happy new year!

What is even funnier about “read the manual“ is it pisses me off when people tell me that also, yes I can and do read it often and I have it downloaded on my laptop and my phone but that’s what these damn message boards are for and if someone doesn’t wanna answer your question they just don’t have to answer it, it’s the people who take time out of their day to tell you they’re NOT gonna answer it and the reason is you could look it up yourself, yes I know what you mean that really pisses me off too!!!
romer (01-01-24)
Old 12-31-23 | 01:40 PM
midcow3
Racer

Angry

The technician will often do a mini test drive after servicing it and then he drives it to the customer drop-off/pick-up area - so those two times of him entering and driving the vehicle plus yet another 3rd time when he must get into the vehicle to restart the engine to check things and reset the instrument maintenance reminder - he doesn't want to be uncomfortable or cramped, so he sets the seat when he first gets into your vehicle so it fits him...and that is probably what you are experiencing after the vehicle is serviced.

That would be the last time that technician worked on my car and I had my way he would be finding a new job. Moving the seat is okay, but memorizing his seat position and saving is not proper or professional.

YMMV,
MidCow3

bdwpac81 (01-04-24)
Old 12-31-23 | 03:38 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by midcow3
That would be the last time that technician worked on my car and I had my way he would be finding a new job. Moving the seat is okay, but memorizing his seat position and saving is not proper or professional.

YMMV,
MidCow3

Old 12-31-23 | 08:35 PM
midcow3
Racer

Lightbulb no technician does not set seat memory

The technician will --- so he sets the seat when he first gets into your vehicle so it fits him...
Technician does not set your seat memory The technician may move the seat to fit him/het and he may not press your memory setting to return it to your desired position, but the technician will not save his/her seat settings. If you press memory 1, 2,3 whatever is your designated preferred memory setting setting it should return to what you had it set a prior to your service.

YMMV,
MidCow3

Last edited by midcow3; 12-31-23 at 08:48 PM. Reason: make clearer
Old 01-01-24 | 07:05 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

YMMV,
MidCow3
Really? It would be absolutely hilarious to see the results and comments you'd get from both the technician and the service manger as you tried to get that technician fired!

Technician does not set your seat memory The technician may move the seat to fit him/het and he may not press your memory setting to return it to your desired position, but the technician will not save his/her seat settings. If you press memory 1, 2,3 whatever is your designated preferred memory setting setting it should return to what you had it set a prior to your service.

YMMV,
MidCow3
You don't know what the technician might do! If the technician wants to, he certainly can set his desired seat position in a vehicle he is servicing to a memory.

Oftentimes a technician must move the seat multiple times and/or drive the vehicle multiple times as he works on various things. For example, replacing the fuel pump requires the rear seat be removed and front seats moved forward, or working within or under the dash to replace HVAC servos necessitates the seat be moved multiple times - thus it only makes sense that the technician might want to make matters easier for him by setting a seat position to memory. There is no Lexus policy that prevents a technician from doing that!

I can't believe this subject is such a big deal to you that you'd demand the technician be fired! Really? That is truly ridiculous!

You must be a pure joy to be around!

Knowing how you are complaining about this, you'd think the technician reprogramed all your radio presets to 1950s Doo-Wop music and deleted all your NAV preset destinations!

I predict life is going to hit you hard with that mental outlook!

Wishing you a wonderful 2024!

Last edited by bclexus; 01-02-24 at 12:54 PM. Reason: orthography
Old 01-03-24 | 11:38 AM
midcow3
Racer

Default Welcome @bclexus

Really? It would be absolutely hilarious to see the results and comments you'd get from both the technician and the service manger as you tried to get that technician fired!

You don't know what the technician might do! If the technician wants to, he certainly can set his desired seat position in a vehicle he is servicing to a memory.

Oftentimes a technician must move the seat multiple times and/or drive the vehicle multiple times as he works on various things. For example, replacing the fuel pump requires the rear seat be removed and front seats moved forward, or working within or under the dash to replace HVAC servos necessitates the seat be moved multiple times - thus it only makes sense that the technician might want to make matters easier for him by setting a seat position to memory. There is no Lexus policy that prevents a technician from doing that!

I can't believe this subject is such a big deal to you that you'd demand the technician be fired! Really? That is truly ridiculous!

You must be a pure joy to be around!

Knowing how you are complaining about this, you'd think the technician reprogramed all your radio presets to 1950s Doo-Wop music and deleted all your NAV preset destinations!

I predict life is going to hit you hard with that mental outlook!

Wishing you a wonderful 2024!
@bclexus you are probably correct about all your statements, but I am more in 60's Doo-Wop. I notice that you are fairly new to this forum, welcome. By your signature you don't have an NX. Do you plan on getting an NX and if so which one ?

Anyway peace brother and again welcome to the NX Gen2 forum

YMMV,
MidCow3
bclexus (01-03-24)

Quick Reply: Memory settings always reset after service