NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Premium or luxury nx350h

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-24, 06:06 PM
Pabiooo
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by romer
The only thing that I really wanted from the Luxury package was the ML. I wanted 18 inch wheels and at the time the Luxury only came with 20. I definitely preferred a standard moon roof to the panoramic. I've always had leather but am pleased with the quality of the NuLuxe (Motormouth initially thought it was real leather!). I also wanted the black headliner which made the black interior a definite no (it comes with white headliner). My Premium came quite loaded so all things considered it's a really nice package. The base sound system is acceptable--obviously not near the ML. So it comes down to what are 'must haves' for you along with any "definite no's" juxtaposed to how much you want to spend. Some people have a long list of must haves and that would say Luxury only. My list was more reasonable, as I see it, and repeating myself from several other threads--I'm very happy with the NX350h Premium, Atomic Silver and Rioja Red interior. Would buy the same car again in a heart beat. Best of luck with your decision.
That’s awesome to hear that you’re enjoying the car! I love the atomic silver and rioja red interior too!
Old 01-05-24, 06:21 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 105 Posts

My Premier came with the Panoramic View Monitor; Head-Up Display; 14" Screen; and lots more. It all depends on what Lexus decides when it builds the car. Mine was built in Japan. 2024 model.
The following users liked this post:
AmyInTX (01-08-24)
Old 01-05-24, 11:29 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by sandiegolexusowner
Not sure I'm following you but I just wanted the pano view monitor which you can get with premium.

You can get the Panoramic View (360 deg camera) with Premium. Not able to get Panoramic roof with the Premium package.

Just do the build and you will see the results.
Old 01-05-24, 11:30 PM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by Pabiooo
That’s awesome to hear that you’re enjoying the car! I love the atomic silver and rioja red interior too!
I'm ok with both black and rioja red interior. For Atomic Silver, black interior looks better.

I'm waiting for my dealer to send in the order. They told me they may not build the rioja red on the next production. Instead of waiting, I may just take the black.

Last edited by websurfer; 01-06-24 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-06-24, 12:47 AM
sandiegolexusowner
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by websurfer
You can get the Panoramic View (360 deg camera) with Premium. Not able to get Panoramic roof with the Premium package.

Just do the build and you will see the results.
Yes, I know that.

I didn't want the panoramic roof so I don't know why you're bringing it up.
Old 01-06-24, 08:21 AM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by sandiegolexusowner
Yes, I know that.

I didn't want the panoramic roof so I don't know why you're bringing it up.
I actually don't want pano roof also but the Lux package comes with it and a $500 price tag.

Old 01-06-24, 08:49 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 238 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by websurfer
I'm ok with both black and rioja red interior. For Atomic Silver, black interior looks better.

I'm waiting for my dealer to send in the order. They told me they may not build the rioja red on the next production. Instead of waiting, I may just take the black.
I disagree; I prefer my Palomino interior. Black makes the inside too cave like for me, even with the pano roof shade open.
The following 2 users liked this post by JasDmw:
gooner (01-16-24), MidCitiesMildMan (02-04-24)
Old 01-06-24, 09:38 AM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by JasDmw
I disagree; I prefer my Palomino interior. Black makes the inside too cave like for me, even with the pano roof shade open.
That's your preference. It's not my preference.

Last edited by websurfer; 01-06-24 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-06-24, 11:08 AM
Lead Lap

Received 783 Likes on 532 Posts

The NX has always been a noisy vehicle compared to the RX. And the RX is nosier than the ES. GS and LS yet again quieter.

Not sure why people expect the NX to be anywhere near the other Lexus models?

Old 01-08-24, 07:50 AM
AmyInTX
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I opted for premium plus over luxury too

Originally Posted by Pabiooo
Very valid points as I don’t drive at night anymore. I do really like the color combo and options of the incoming car. It basically is a loaded premium trim. Thanks for your input.

Having to wait almost a full year for my NX 350h (purchased from out of state & paid for transport) Grecian Water with Black & Rich Cream, I am THRILLED with my Premium Plus. I wanted the triple beam LED headlights too, but they are in seriously short supply (chip fiasco). My NX has SO many assisted driving features built in that my apprehension with night driving was immediately quashed. AWD is a great feature too & hard to come by in central TX.

As for the ML sound system, we had it in an older model GX & it’s nothing really to write home about. I never listen to anything above a low-medium volume unless cell connection is prohibitively quiet, so the luxury sound package was not a necessity.

Didn’t get the panoramic roof, but we have that in our 2019 Ford Raptor and have opened it ONE time since we bought it brand new. I like the option of using a rooftop cargo carrier that you have with a standard moonroof.

The following 2 users liked this post by AmyInTX:
Pabiooo (01-14-24), romer (01-08-24)
Old 01-08-24, 11:25 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by AmyInTX
I am THRILLED with my Premium Plus.
Are you a former Audi owner? Premium Plus I think is an Audi trim level.
Old 01-09-24, 10:01 AM
AmyInTX
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 🤣

Originally Posted by anoop
Are you a former Audi owner? Premium Plus I think is an Audi trim level.
Not a previous Audi owner. I’m in the Reddit 2nd Gen NX group & someone on there had listed their “extra” add ons that were not included in the premium package & had called it Premium Plus. Idk 🤷🏻‍♀️
Old 01-09-24, 10:21 AM
romer
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 105 Posts

Not a previous Audi owner. I’m in the Reddit 2nd Gen NX group & someone on there had listed their “extra” add ons that were not included in the premium package & had called it Premium Plus. Idk 🤷🏻‍♀️
That actually makes some sense as a descriptor since a basic Premium Package would be one thing, but when it has lots of other add ons from the factory (as mine did too) then Premium Plus is a useful tag, albeit 'unofficial'.
The following users liked this post:
AmyInTX (01-09-24)
Old 01-09-24, 12:13 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 567 Likes on 375 Posts
Exclamation let's not confuse the NX configurator even more

Originally Posted by romer
That actually makes some sense as a descriptor since a basic Premium Package would be one thing, but when it has lots of other add ons from the factory (as mine did too) then Premium Plus is a useful tag, albeit 'unofficial'.
"Premium Plus" is an Audi term and is specifically defined:

It is just too undefined and too nebulous to try and add it as an additional Lexus NX Premium designation.

However Canada does add 'Ultra". but their Ultra is specifically defined:

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 01-09-24, 02:11 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts

I was looking at RXs recently, and noticed that Lexus has a trim level called Premium+ on the RX. There is also going to be a Premium+ trim level on the new GX.

Quick Reply: Premium or luxury nx350h