Premium or luxury nx350h

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-24, 02:29 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by midcow3
"Premium Plus" is an Audi term and is specifically defined:

It is just too undefined and too nebulous to try and add it as an additional Lexus NX Premium designation.

However Canada does add 'Ultra". but their Ultra is specifically defined:

YMMV,
MidCow3
I believe the packages shown here are for Canada. Maybe for some other locations too--don't know. Not the U.S.
Old 01-09-24, 03:07 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 567 Likes on 375 Posts
Lightbulb Yes as I stated Canada does have "Ultra Premium"

However Canada does add 'Ultra". but their Ultra is specifically defined:

YMMV,
MidCow3
Originally Posted by romer
I believe the packages shown here are for Canada. Maybe for some other locations too--don't know. Not the U.S.
Correct, they are Canada as I stated originally.

YMMV,
Midcow3
Old 01-09-24, 11:24 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts

Seems more packages in Canada. You'll are lucky there.

Old 01-10-24, 06:06 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 573 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by websurfer
Seems more packages in Canada. You'll are lucky there.
In Canada Toyota and Lexus offer a number of option pkgs, but you can pick only a single option pkg level and those are the only options you get, done. There is no picking options ala carte like in the US (except for dealer installed). Mine is an ultra luxury and it will have the identical factory options of every other ultra luxury of the same model & year. We get choice, but not as much as the US to individually add some of the other options. It has gotten better though. Wasn't so long ago for Toyota Canada, you could get a car in CE, LE, or XLE and that was it, no choice beyond what options were pre-designated for each. They have at least started to provide more trim levels to pick from, but for choosing options, we only get one dart to throw.
Old 01-10-24, 08:33 PM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by Droid13
In Canada Toyota and Lexus offer a number of option pkgs, but you can pick only a single option pkg level and those are the only options you get, done. There is no picking options ala carte like in the US (except for dealer installed). Mine is an ultra luxury and it will have the identical factory options of every other ultra luxury of the same model & year. We get choice, but not as much as the US to individually add some of the other options. It has gotten better though. Wasn't so long ago for Toyota Canada, you could get a car in CE, LE, or XLE and that was it, no choice beyond what options were pre-designated for each. They have at least started to provide more trim levels to pick from, but for choosing options, we only get one dart to throw.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I just ordered my new NX350h Luxury (I don't see any other package). I'm told that it's 20" wheels plus many extras also. I was only able to modify some port installed options. There's no other packages listed. Seems to be base, premium, luxury but we can add more port installed options. Can't change factory installed options.
Old 01-10-24, 09:08 PM
RX350ok
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Interesting trim observation...

I have a '24 Premium 350h with 14" Screen and heads up display. The only things a "base" Luxury has over my Premium are: Leather, 4-way drivers seat lumbar and door courtesy lights. All the options for the Luxury are ala carte, just like the Premium.

You'll probably be hard pressed to find a "base" Luxury model but I've seen them without ML or Triple Beam Headlamps.
The following users liked this post:
romer (01-10-24)
Old 01-10-24, 09:23 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 567 Likes on 375 Posts
Question Did you go to Lexus Configurator?

Originally Posted by websurfer
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I just ordered my new NX350h Luxury (I don't see any other package). I'm told that it's 20" wheels plus many extras also. I was only able to modify some port installed options. There's no other packages listed. Seems to be base, premium, luxury but we can add more port installed options. Can't change factory installed options.
Did you look at the Lexus configuration tool ? You are in California correct? If so, you can configure and option the Lexus exactly like you want. Your Lexus dealer will try to find you one thta is close from allocations being assigned. It is also possible to special order, but that take forever+

Go to this Lexus configurator URL:
Go here first : https://www.lexus.com/models
The here:

Build Your Own Lexus | Lexus Configurator

When you get your perfect NX built, send it to your favorite Lexus dealer for a quote

YMMV,
MidCow3

Old 01-10-24, 09:40 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by RX350ok
I have a '24 Premium 350h with 14" Screen and heads up display. The only things a "base" Luxury has over my Premium are: Leather, 4-way drivers seat lumbar and door courtesy lights. All the options for the Luxury are ala carte, just like the Premium.

You'll probably be hard pressed to find a "base" Luxury model but I've seen them without ML or Triple Beam Headlamps.
You forgot the wood trim.
RX350ok (01-10-24)
Old 01-10-24, 10:12 PM
RX350ok
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by anoop
You forgot the wood trim.
Ya got me...😁
Old 01-10-24, 11:01 PM
websurfer
Racer

Did you look at the Lexus configuration tool ? You are in California correct? If so, you can configure and option the Lexus exactly like you want. Your Lexus dealer will try to find you one thta is close from allocations being assigned. It is also possible to special order, but that take forever+

Go to this Lexus configurator URL:
Go here first : https://www.lexus.com/models
The here:

Build Your Own Lexus | Lexus Configurator

When you get your perfect NX built, send it to your favorite Lexus dealer for a quote

YMMV,
MidCow3

Yes and Yes. The dealer help with the PIO. I ended up pretty paying more given the FIO (Factory Installed Options) isn't changeable but I'm told end of Feb 2024 ETA though. They maybe editing incoming stock. One of my friends said last year he ordered a premium and took 6 months. (I don't think I can wait 6 months). Camry from Toyota took a while from Toyota before also (not special order).
Old 01-11-24, 02:01 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 105 Posts

My dealer's website is showing a number of NX350h in both Premium and Luxury that are either in stock or in transit and NOT sold. That is a shift. When I bought mine every single car allocated had a buyer and when the next allocation would appear they would be promised almost immediately to buyers. So a change in the market it seems. Or--a change in production capacity.
Old 01-11-24, 02:19 PM
anoop
Intermediate

My dealer's website is showing a number of NX350h in both Premium and Luxury that are either in stock or in transit and NOT sold. That is a shift. When I bought mine every single car allocated had a buyer and when the next allocation would appear they would be promised almost immediately to buyers. So a change in the market it seems. Or--a change in production capacity.
It's slowing demand. When demand was high, dealers were not even taking build-to-order requests. Now they are. And they're saying wait time 3-6 months.
romer (01-11-24)
Old 01-11-24, 02:44 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts

I think it is more due to increased supply rather than decreased demand. In the US, NX sales increased by 52% in 2023 vs. 2022.
Old 01-11-24, 03:05 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chuuck1e
I think it is more due to increased supply rather than decreased demand. In the US, NX sales increased by 52% in 2023 vs. 2022.
Hard to say. We know production went up in 2023, but it may be steady now and demand is falling. Only a dealer can confirm. If it is an increase in supply, then we would see more cars showing up in the dealer inventory and changing frequently. But I am not seeing that. I'm seeing the same cars listed.
Old 01-11-24, 03:46 PM
websurfer
Racer

I think it depends on location.

In our area, the Lexus dealer has no Luxury version but the premium (on order). I see the amount of NX350h shrinking everyday. It refreshes with a few more than shrinks more in a few days.

High demand in our area for NX350h but NX350 isn't in high demand (there's plenty).
romer (01-11-24)

Quick Reply: Premium or luxury nx350h