NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Premium or luxury nx350h

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-24, 03:38 PM
Pabiooo
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premium or luxury nx350h

I just got an allocation for a premium NX 350h eminent white pearl with Rioja seats coming end of Feb. It has the premium package including panoramic view monitor. I can’t help but think should I take this one or wait for a luxury model.

I would be missing the triple beam headlights, ML sound system, bigger rims and panoramic roof. I really like the triple beam lights but isn’t sure if it’s worth the cost. I guess I just don’t want to feel like I’m missing out or have regrets later on. This will be my first brand new car and I will be upgrading from a 2002 Camry solara.

For those of you that got the premium trim, did you regret not getting the luxury trim? Is there anything else I should consider?
Old 01-04-24, 04:26 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 566 Likes on 375 Posts
Cool Get the Luxury

I got the luxury and I am glad I didn't get the premium. ML is totally awesome.

YMMV,
MidCow3
The following 2 users liked this post by midcow3:
Dkaplan (01-05-24), Pabiooo (01-04-24)
Old 01-04-24, 06:36 PM
RX350ok
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Pabiooo
I just got an allocation for a premium NX 350h eminent white pearl with Rioja seats coming end of Feb. It has the premium package including panoramic view monitor. I can’t help but think should I take this one or wait for a luxury model.

I would be missing the triple beam headlights, ML sound system, bigger rims and panoramic roof. I really like the triple beam lights but isn’t sure if it’s worth the cost. I guess I just don’t want to feel like I’m missing out or have regrets later on. This will be my first brand new car and I will be upgrading from a 2002 Camry solara.

For those of you that got the premium trim, did you regret not getting the luxury trim? Is there anything else I should consider?
I was in your shoes. I really wanted the Luxury but my dealer allocation of incoming Luxurys were color combinations that I'd never consider. I settled for a Premium in Eminent White with Black and Rich cream interior; heads up display and 14"screen. All of those were absolute must haves for me. Like you, I really wanted the triple beam headlamps but as little as I drive at night, just wasn't as important. Keep in mind, Luxury doesn't mean it will come with everything. Really weigh what colors and options are most important. I'd probably go for the Premium model you described 😉
The following 2 users liked this post by RX350ok:
AmyInTX (01-08-24), romer (02-01-24)
Old 01-04-24, 08:58 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts

I was having the same issue when I reserved a NX350h with similar package. The vehicle was in transit. I decided to go big and canceled my vehicle so then no regrets and I have ML which was one of my favorite features. I'm waiting for the Lux now. I drove the 18" as a loaner nx350h and was fine with it so I'm custom ordering with 18" but everything else is the same. I didn't have any problems with handling on the 18" wheels.
Old 01-04-24, 09:35 PM
Pabiooo
6th Gear

Originally Posted by RX350ok
I was in your shoes. I really wanted the Luxury but my dealer allocation of incoming Luxurys were color combinations that I'd never consider. I settled for a Premium in Eminent White with Black and Rich cream interior; heads up display and 14"screen. All of those were absolute must haves for me. Like you, I really wanted the triple beam headlamps but as little as I drive at night, just wasn't as important. Keep in mind, Luxury doesn't mean it will come with everything. Really weigh what colors and options are most important. I'd probably go for the Premium model you described 😉
Very valid points as I don’t drive at night anymore. I do really like the color combo and options of the incoming car. It basically is a loaded premium trim. Thanks for your input.
Old 01-04-24, 09:45 PM
Pabiooo
6th Gear

Originally Posted by websurfer
I was having the same issue when I reserved a NX350h with similar package. The vehicle was in transit. I decided to go big and canceled my vehicle so then no regrets and I have ML which was one of my favorite features. I'm waiting for the Lux now. I drove the 18" as a loaner nx350h and was fine with it so I'm custom ordering with 18" but everything else is the same. I didn't have any problems with handling on the 18" wheels.
I wish I can test out the ML audio. My dealer doesn’t have any available.
Old 01-04-24, 10:03 PM
websurfer
Racer

I wish I can test out the ML audio. My dealer doesn’t have any available.
Here's some video on ML vs 10 speaker Pioneer. I tested in person both ML and Pioneer (2 times) and drove my salesperson insane since I didn't buy any car
I can say for sure ML is real Lexus but Pioneer is so bad they didn't put their name on it. The Rav4 JBL bass was better than the Pioneer IMO. Bass is very low on the Pioneer but no distortion noticeable.

Last edited by websurfer; 01-04-24 at 10:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
midcow3 (01-05-24)
Old 01-05-24, 05:17 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 566 Likes on 375 Posts
Thumbs up

Here's some video on ML vs 10 speaker Pioneer. I tested in person both ML and Pioneer (2 times) and drove my salesperson insane since I didn't buy any car
I can say for sure ML is real Lexus but Pioneer is so bad they didn't put their name on it. The Rav4 JBL bass was better than the Pioneer IMO. Bass is very low on the Pioneer but no distortion noticeable.
@websurfer I absolutely agree with you 100%. You have very accurately stated the different audio systems.

YMMV,
MidCow3

Old 01-05-24, 09:36 AM
romer
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 105 Posts

The only thing that I really wanted from the Luxury package was the ML. I wanted 18 inch wheels and at the time the Luxury only came with 20. I definitely preferred a standard moon roof to the panoramic. I've always had leather but am pleased with the quality of the NuLuxe (Motormouth initially thought it was real leather!). I also wanted the black headliner which made the black interior a definite no (it comes with white headliner). My Premium came quite loaded so all things considered it's a really nice package. The base sound system is acceptable--obviously not near the ML. So it comes down to what are 'must haves' for you along with any "definite no's" juxtaposed to how much you want to spend. Some people have a long list of must haves and that would say Luxury only. My list was more reasonable, as I see it, and repeating myself from several other threads--I'm very happy with the NX350h Premium, Atomic Silver and Rioja Red interior. Would buy the same car again in a heart beat. Best of luck with your decision.
Old 01-05-24, 09:40 AM
sandiegolexusowner
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't mind the stock sound system either and just wanted the pano view monitor so went with premium. I also didn't want to wait for a luxury.
The following 2 users liked this post by sandiegolexusowner:
AmyInTX (01-08-24), Pabiooo (01-05-24)
Old 01-05-24, 10:51 AM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by romer
The only thing that I really wanted from the Luxury package was the ML. I wanted 18 inch wheels and at the time the Luxury only came with 20. I definitely preferred a standard moon roof to the panoramic. I've always had leather but am pleased with the quality of the NuLuxe (Motormouth initially thought it was real leather!). I also wanted the black headliner which made the black interior a definite no (it comes with white headliner). My Premium came quite loaded so all things considered it's a really nice package. The base sound system is acceptable--obviously not near the ML. So it comes down to what are 'must haves' for you along with any "definite no's" juxtaposed to how much you want to spend. Some people have a long list of must haves and that would say Luxury only. My list was more reasonable, as I see it, and repeating myself from several other threads--I'm very happy with the NX350h Premium, Atomic Silver and Rioja Red interior. Would buy the same car again in a heart beat. Best of luck with your decision.
I've have put in an order for the new NX350h with 18" wheel LUX and ML. I'm working with the Sales Manager to see if he can order it. The Lux has pano roof standard.

Originally Posted by sandiegolexusowner
I don't mind the stock sound system either and just wanted the pano view monitor so went with premium. I also didn't want to wait for a luxury.
Not sure you can get Pano with Lux package

Try to build link below and see.

https://www.lexus.com/build-your-lexus/#!/series

Old 01-05-24, 11:00 AM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

ML was a must have for me!
Pabiooo (01-05-24)
Old 01-05-24, 01:02 PM
sandiegolexusowner
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've have put in an order for the new NX350h with 18" wheel LUX and ML. I'm working with the Sales Manager to see if he can order it. The Lux has pano roof standard.

Not sure you can get Pano with Lux package

Try to build link below and see.

https://www.lexus.com/build-your-lexus/#!/series
Not sure I'm following you but I just wanted the pano view monitor which you can get with premium.

romer (01-05-24)
Old 01-05-24, 05:57 PM
Pabiooo
6th Gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHWMzn0GL_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlo2jtvN6LI&t=896s
Thanks for the videos. I can definitely hear the difference!
Old 01-05-24, 05:59 PM
Pabiooo
6th Gear

Originally Posted by sandiegolexusowner
Yes! The pano view monitor is a must have for me.

Quick Reply: Premium or luxury nx350h