NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

DIY: NX450h+ Dashboard Speakers & Subwoofer Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-24, 05:42 PM
gallico916
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

hey @a2023LC500

Do you think the S2-S40 will also work on the 2024NX unit W/O the ML system?
Old 03-30-24, 10:41 PM
Zlobix
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gallico916
hey @a2023LC500

Do you think the S2-S40 will also work on the 2024NX unit W/O the ML system?
Hello!For our NX, any 3.5-inch mid-range speakers can be replaced in the front panel.If you use 4-inch speakers, then it is advisable to buy models that have the ability to break off excess fasteners. When I installed my Kenwoods, I broke off two fasteners from each speaker, this allowed them to be installed directly into the standard seats.
Old 03-31-24, 07:27 AM
gallico916
Rookie

@a2023LC500
I see the Alpine has breakable fasteners but are 4-inch
Can I use them and still be able to cover them with the grill?

Last edited by gallico916; 03-31-24 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-31-24, 08:05 AM
Zlobix
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gallico916
@a2023LC500
I see the Alpine has breakable fasteners but are 4-inch
Can I use them and still be able to cover them with the grill?
Yes, there is a photo in the first post.
The following users liked this post:
gallico916 (03-31-24)
Old 03-31-24, 08:16 AM
gallico916
Rookie

I just wanted to verify; I just pulled the trigger on two sets for the side and center
Thank you
Old 04-12-24, 05:29 PM
niteshvu
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upgrade done for dashboard 3 speakers and woofer for NX350H

I'm grateful to the community that helped me get this done and want to share my experience in detail

I own NX 350H 2024 - non Mark Levinson and If anyone's trying to pull the trigger to upgrade the speakers - You should. The factory ones will seem like a joke after the entire assembly and well, its all worth it. The new sound is crisp/clean and punchy.
I just couldn't believe my eyes after I held the factory dash speakers in my hand. They are as basic as a speaker can get and no wonder they sound like crap. I just couldn't digest the fact that I've spent 58k on the car (Although am absolutely happy with rest of the things)

Kicker HS10 powered subwoofer - $332
Metra connector - $10 - $12 (1 - for subwoofer, 3 for dashboard speakers)
Alpine S2-S40 - $89 a pair
Pry tool - $10
Thread that helped me - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...bwoofer-3.html

Woofer in the trunk - Kicker 46HS10 Powered Subwoofer
following are the steps I took to replace the factory subwoofer (I'm adding as many details as I can)
required things before you can get started - Kicker 46HS10 Subwoofer, Metra 72-8109 adapter, twist wire connectors
  1. Pull the basket and battery cover out under the trunk. I also had to pull the left most part (left to the battery) of it where you will find the harness
  2. Right above the woofer you will see a connector that receives the wire from the Amp (green/white and black/white) and out from the connector goes red and white to the factory woofer.
  3. Pull the white wax like connector out of the hole (I struggled hard with this)
  4. Disconnect the wire coming out from the amp (green/white and black/white - refer to thread I posted above)
  5. Strip the ends of the Metra adapter (black and white wires - black being negative and white being positive)
  6. Now you need to connect wires coming out of HS10 harness to the metra connector. Connect white wire from metra with white and gray wires from harness (+) and black wire from metra with white/black and gray/balck from harness (-). I used twist wire connectors
  7. Connect metra adapter to the connector coming out from the amp (step 4)
  8. From HS10 harness comes 2 more wires Red and Black that has to go to the battery terminals. The HS10 comes with a fuse wire which goes as extension to the red wire before going to the battery. The recommendation is that the fuse stays within 16" from the battery terminal (used twist wire connectors).
  9. The connections now may look like this -- HS10 harness's red wire - fuse - positive terminal of the battery AND harness's black wire - negative terminal of the battery
  10. Following are the settings I have for the woofer
    1. Input level HI
    2. Auto turn on DC - so the woofer can work with Car's start/stop
    3. Gain to minimum
    4. Bass to 3 (see what you prefer)
  11. Go ahead and turn on the Car to try - You should be all set
Dashboard Speakers (corners and center) - Apline S2-S40
required things before you can get started - Alpine S2-S40 (2 since they are sold in pairs - since you need 3 speakers - I saved the 4th as spare in case one get blown and discontinued), 3 Metra 72-8109 adapters, pry tool

A fairly easy process and can take 5mins a speaker (attached a pdf with instructions to pry up speaker grills)
  1. Pry up the speaker grill for corners (same process for both corner speakers)
  2. Remove the screws and eject the old speakers and disconnect the harness
  3. Connect metra harness's white wire to bigger terminal of the Apline and black wire to the smaller terminal of the Alpine
  4. Aplines come with more than 2 mounting tabs that may be extra for the setup - I had to cut them off
  5. Put the screws back and speaker grills
  6. Now start with the center - You'd have to remove the defroster vent first before you can remove the speaker grill
  7. Follow the same process for as corner speakers (People might say that the Aplines won't fit for the center but that's not true - It fits perfectly with mounting tabs cut)
  8. Put back screws and speaker grill and you should be all set
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Crutchfield22+ NX450h+.pdf (1.01 MB, 82 views)

Last edited by niteshvu; 04-12-24 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-13-24, 02:51 AM
tdlnfm
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by niteshvu
Hálás vagyok a közösségnek, aki segített ebben, és szeretném részletesen megosztani a tapasztalataimat.

Az NX 350H 2024 tulajdonosa vagyok – nem Mark Levinson, és ha valaki megpróbálja meghúzni a hangszórók frissítését – Neked kellene. A gyáriak az egész összeszerelés után viccnek tűnnek, és hát minden megéri. Az új hangzás éles/tiszta és ütős.
Egyszerűen nem hittem a szememnek, miután a kezemben tartottam a gyári műszerfal hangszóróit. Annyira alapvetőek, amennyire csak egy hangszóró lehet, és nem csoda, hogy szarul hangzanak. Egyszerűen nem tudtam megemészteni azt a tényt, hogy 58 ezret költöttem az autóra (bár a többi dologgal teljesen elégedett vagyok)

Kicker HS10 tápos mélynyomó - 332 dollár
Congratulations on your project. Where did you put the Kicker?
Old 04-24-24, 08:07 PM
RickNX
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm grateful to the community that helped me get this done and want to share my experience in detail

I own NX 350H 2024 - non Mark Levinson and If anyone's trying to pull the trigger to upgrade the speakers - You should. The factory ones will seem like a joke after the entire assembly and well, its all worth it. The new sound is crisp/clean and punchy.
I just couldn't believe my eyes after I held the factory dash speakers in my hand. They are as basic as a speaker can get and no wonder they sound like crap. I just couldn't digest the fact that I've spent 58k on the car (Although am absolutely happy with rest of the things)

Pry tool - $10

following are the steps I took to replace the factory subwoofer (I'm adding as many details as I can)
required things before you can get started - Kicker 46HS10 Subwoofer, Metra 72-8109 adapter, twist wire connectors
  1. Pull the basket and battery cover out under the trunk. I also had to pull the left most part (left to the battery) of it where you will find the harness
  2. Right above the woofer you will see a connector that receives the wire from the Amp (green/white and black/white) and out from the connector goes red and white to the factory woofer.
  3. Pull the white wax like connector out of the hole (I struggled hard with this)
  4. Disconnect the wire coming out from the amp (green/white and black/white - refer to thread I posted above)
  5. Strip the ends of the Metra adapter (black and white wires - black being negative and white being positive)
  6. Now you need to connect wires coming out of HS10 harness to the metra connector. Connect white wire from metra with white and gray wires from harness (+) and black wire from metra with white/black and gray/balck from harness (-). I used twist wire connectors
  8. From HS10 harness comes 2 more wires Red and Black that has to go to the battery terminals. The HS10 comes with a fuse wire which goes as extension to the red wire before going to the battery. The recommendation is that the fuse stays within 16" from the battery terminal (used twist wire connectors).
  9. The connections now may look like this -- HS10 harness's red wire - fuse - positive terminal of the battery AND harness's black wire - negative terminal of the battery
    1. Input level HI
    3. Gain to minimum
required things before you can get started - Alpine S2-S40 (2 since they are sold in pairs - since you need 3 speakers - I saved the 4th as spare in case one get blown and discontinued), 3 Metra 72-8109 adapters, pry tool

A fairly easy process and can take 5mins a speaker (attached a pdf with instructions to pry up speaker grills)
  3. Connect metra harness's white wire to bigger terminal of the Apline and black wire to the smaller terminal of the Alpine
  4. Aplines come with more than 2 mounting tabs that may be extra for the setup - I had to cut them off
  6. Now start with the center - You'd have to remove the defroster vent first before you can remove the speaker grill
  7. Follow the same process for as corner speakers (People might say that the Aplines won't fit for the center but that's not true - It fits perfectly with mounting tabs cut)
Hi- I'm thinking of installing the same Kicker 46HS10. Could you please share a pic or details of where you placed the subwoofer? Were you able to fit it where the stock sub was located? Thanks!
Old 05-14-24, 11:59 PM
RickNX
2nd gear

Default Kicker Hideaway Fits

Confirming the Kicker 46HS10 fits where the stock subwoofer is installed. Got it installed at a stereo shop.

Old 05-15-24, 04:09 AM
niteshvu
4th Gear

Originally Posted by RickNX
Hi- I'm thinking of installing the same Kicker 46HS10. Could you please share a pic or details of where you placed the subwoofer? Were you able to fit it where the stock sub was located? Thanks!
I installed it in the bin that's right side to the battery. I cut some foam to place around it so it won't move or rattle. I used some of the foam that came with the kicker. It for perfectly in the bin
The following users liked this post:
RickNX (05-17-24)
Old 05-18-24, 04:10 PM
Wemax
5th Gear

Default Are the Alpine S2-S40 still the best option for the 450h+?

Pry tool - $10

1. Input level HI
    3. Gain to minimum

Thanks for all the info regarding the audio on the 450h+. I just got mine today and I was very sad that Ml was not offered in the US for this model, so i went searching for what people are doing and found this thread. Are the Alpine S2-S40 and Kicker 46HS10 still the best option for the dash speakers and sub or did anyone find anything better? Also I’m assuming you guys are leaving the door speakers intact?
Old 05-21-24, 06:09 PM
24NX450
2nd gear

Thank you a2023LC500. I replaced the front set of speakers in my 2024 NX450+ with Alpine S2-S40s. Very easy to do. Especially with the wiring harnesses from Amazon. Took less than 1 hour. Haven't tackled the subwoofer. Sounds much better!
Old 05-21-24, 08:24 PM
Wemax
5th Gear

Originally Posted by 24NX450
Thank you a2023LC500. I replaced the front set of speakers in my 2024 NX450+ with Alpine S2-S40s. Very easy to do. Especially with the wiring harnesses from Amazon. Took less than 1 hour. Haven't tackled the subwoofer. Sounds much better!

I’m assuming you went with the metra 72-8109 wires?, did you change the center channel? I’m still waiting to hear from other people on how they have tackled the subwoofer situation, I read that few people from other posts have been just installing AMP’s to give more power to the OEM sub and they seem happy with it, and most people have gone with the HS10 option (i also hear that the HS10 are not very reliable and burn easy, not sure it that’s just people pushing them to hard or bad quality?). I also wish that there was an install video on the kicker for the 450’s.
Old 05-22-24, 04:18 AM
24NX450
2nd gear

Correct, I used the Metra 72-8109 wires. I did change the center channel speaker. When changing the center channel, you do not have to disconnect and remove the vent. I was able to just pry open the vent and leave the wires connected. The center channel speaker cover came off easily. I have not done anything with the sub and probably won't unless I get ambitious.