NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

remote car starting

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-24, 08:07 AM
baneling
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default remote car starting

Hi all, I noticed that when I remote car start this 2023 NX 350h, the heat is not on. with my last 2 cars, I can put the heat on to max, then when I remote car start it, the heat is on and warming my car. The Lexus doesn't see to do that. Is there a setting for this?
Old 01-18-24, 08:23 AM
Dblxx
Pit Crew

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by baneling
Hi all, I noticed that when I remote car start this 2023 NX 350h, the heat is not on. with my last 2 cars, I can put the heat on to max, then when I remote car start it, the heat is on and warming my car. The Lexus doesn't see to do that. Is there a setting for this?
Yep, setting in the app.
The following users liked this post:
baneling (01-18-24)
Old 01-18-24, 08:25 AM
Dblxx
Pit Crew

The following 2 users liked this post by Dblxx:
baneling (01-18-24), mplsrube (01-24-24)
Old 01-18-24, 09:15 AM
baneling
Rookie

ok thanks for the info
Old 01-18-24, 09:30 AM
Dblxx
Pit Crew

ok thanks for the info
Welcome. If you uncheck custom climate settings.... it will just default to the last settings when you turned the car off last.
The following users liked this post:
baneling (01-18-24)
Old 01-22-24, 11:07 AM
AWRNX
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My app only shows the 73F and not the seat heaters, defrost etc. I have contacted Lexus Canada - which may be the most frustrating thing i have experienced, and their answer is always different, but typically it ends in take it to the dealer. There is only 1 dealer in Nova Scotia and they have not been able to provide a solution. Thus, the seats are cold and the windows frosted when we get in during the winter until we are in the vehicle to turn them on. The vehicle we replaced allowed for the windows, seats and steering wheel to be remotely so its a sore point. I'm told by Lexus Canada that the option does not exist on the app, yet i see the picture above and even more relevant - 2 people i know with the same vehicle from the same dealer that have the options showing on the app. Not sure how to proceed.
Old 01-22-24, 11:40 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 546 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by AWRNX
My app only shows the 73F and not the seat heaters, defrost etc. I have contacted Lexus Canada - which may be the most frustrating thing i have experienced, and their answer is always different, but typically it ends in take it to the dealer. There is only 1 dealer in Nova Scotia and they have not been able to provide a solution. Thus, the seats are cold and the windows frosted when we get in during the winter until we are in the vehicle to turn them on. The vehicle we replaced allowed for the windows, seats and steering wheel to be remotely so its a sore point. I'm told by Lexus Canada that the option does not exist on the app, yet i see the picture above and even more relevant - 2 people i know with the same vehicle from the same dealer that have the options showing on the app. Not sure how to proceed.
Shows up for me. I'm pondering 2 possibilities. Perhaps your app has fetched incorrect data about your vehicle or has corrupted its data. If me, my next step would be to clear all the app's stored and cached data on the phone (I've actually had to do this once or twice when the Lexus app started acting weirdly for other things, this fixed it). This will require you to setup the app from beginning again with a fresh logon so you need to remember your acct password n stuff, but this should trigger a fresh download of data to your phone from Lexus servers. Second (and I'm not at all sure about this), there are a couple trim levels that did not come with the full remote connect services as trial in Canada. If I recall, the FSport 1 350 pkg or the base model of the 350h. I'm not sure what this means exactly from reading the Lexus info on their web site, but mine included it as its a higher trim so just not sure. Just a thought.
Old 01-23-24, 06:03 AM
baneling
Rookie

when my wife uses the app to remote start the car, when we get to the car, the car engine is not actually started. there is a message on the dash saying to hold the brake and push the start button to start the car. But there are lights on in the car when we get to it. no heat, no heat from the seats, no heat on the steering wheel, even though my wife sets these to on using the app. There is also a message on main display saying "Wireless connection failed. The Android Auto wireless connection with Galaxy S20 FE 5G failed. Retry the wireless connection or connect via USB". but I think this is just cause the phone is not in the car when we remote car start, so no big deal. obviously what I want is for the engine to start and the vehicle to be warm when we get to it.
Old 01-24-24, 12:39 PM
marcel488
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dblxx

is that IOS OR android? US, Canada or other? Mine has a setting for temp, but doesn’t look like that.
Old 01-24-24, 04:29 PM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 131 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by marcel488
is that IOS OR android? US, Canada or other? Mine has a setting for temp, but doesn’t look like that.
That’s iOS for sure!
Old 01-25-24, 05:31 AM
baneling
Rookie

Originally Posted by marcel488
my wife uses Android and we're in Canada
Old 01-25-24, 05:35 AM
marcel488
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Maybe it’s the trim level.

Who can adjust seat temp on their phone and what trim do you have. Mine is the Canadian base model Nx 450h+ and I don’t have that feature. Maybe you have to pay more for a feature that’s easily supportable by software on all trims but they chose not to to make you upgrade.