NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Wiring for trailer

Search this Thread

Old Today, 10:18 AM
AdilMC
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I have a 2024 Lexus NX350H. I just got this harness after reviewing the forums online. If possible, do you remember which harness to connect to as well as the colors?
Thanks.
Old Today, 10:26 AM
dragonfly14
4th Gear

Originally Posted by AdilMC
Hi, I have a 2024 Lexus NX350H. I just got this harness after reviewing the forums online. If possible, do you remember which harness to connect to as well as the colors?
Thanks.
Which harness are you talking about? Brand and model number of the harness would clarify.

Usually the manufacturer has detailed guides as well.

Thanks.
Old Today, 11:43 AM
AdilMC
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by dragonfly14
Which harness are you talking about? Brand and model number of the harness would clarify.

Usually the manufacturer has detailed guides as well.

Thanks.
Sorry for not giving all the information. I want to use the Curt 59236 wire harness kit to complete my trailer wiring. I understand I would have to probably splice into or use the wire crimps to install this. But I was wondering if there is any detailed information regarding which wires to splice into?

For example, which wire on the car side to tap into? What color would the tail light lamp be? What color would the Stop Lamp be? What color would the Turn Lamp be? Is our car a 2 or 3 wire setup? How does the 2 or 3 wire setup affect the installation using the Curt 59236 kit?

I appreciate anyone's help and thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
Old Today, 11:52 AM
dragonfly14
4th Gear

Curt 59236 wire harness kit - >if there is any detailed information regarding which wires to splice into?
I have pictures of my nx450h+ 2023 installation, however my harness may or may not match yours.

Personally I think it's probably best you splice into the taillight wiring side rather than the vehicle harness side. It would be easier to replace a trial light assembly than to replace a good chunk of vehicle wiring harness in case you do accidentally slice through it entirely with the splice.

I went with the 4 wire system on my tekonsha, I believe its the most reliable method of doing things.

Left side

Right side

How I did it was very simple, I used a multimeter to check each wire for activity (eg 12v) and hooked onto said wire.
Old Today, 12:00 PM
AdilMC
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by dragonfly14
I have pictures of my nx450h+ 2023 installation, however my harness may or may not match yours.

Personally I think it's probably best you splice into the taillight wiring side rather than the vehicle harness side. It would be easier to replace a trial light assembly than to replace a good chunk of vehicle wiring harness in case you do accidentally slice through it entirely with the splice.

I went with the 4 wire system on my tekonsha, I believe its the most reliable method of doing things.

Left side

Right side

How I did it was very simple, I used a multimeter to check each wire for activity (eg 12v) and hooked onto said wire.
Oh thank you soo much. So this harness you are showing in the pictures is the harness that connects to the taillight? I think it should be similar to what I have as well. It's just a bit confusing to know which wire is which. But this helps a lot. Thank you. I'll give it a try and update here.
Old Today, 12:04 PM
dragonfly14
4th Gear

Oh thank you soo much. So this harness you are showing in the pictures is the harness that connects to the taillight? I think it should be similar to what I have as well. It's just a bit confusing to know which wire is which. But this helps a lot. Thank you. I'll give it a try and update here.
Yes, it is a very short pigtail to the tail light.
In my picture, I unhooked the two connectors from the bracket for ease of access.