NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Off-Road/SoftRoader NX 350H Fitment/mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-24, 11:36 AM
PapiLexi
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Off-Road/SoftRoader NX 350H Fitment/mods

Hey everyone. Thank for having me. Glad to be posting here for the first time. Don't know if this was answered already before, if it has please just link me to the forum.

Currently curious at what will it take to match a Gen 2 (2022-2024) Lexus NX 350h/450h+ to this build (figure included - don't care about the roof rack). I know this car is not meant for the off-roads but the more youtube videos I see of people pushing this car AWD system that more surprise I am! I live in a place were the roads are terrible! Pot-holes everywhere as well as terrible down pours whenever it rains. Also the occasional trips to the country side where mud and dirt are quire present. If I were to get an NX I would like to have the peace of mind that I can go anywhere with it, even though I know this car wasn't meant for such terrible roads I want to see how well it CAN be with a few basic basic mods.

The article that spoke about this specific NX stated that it's wheel setup consisted of 265/65R17 All-terrane tires & 17 x 7J wheels. Unfortunately it didn't include the offset so please help me out here figuring out what would be the best offset to acquire (thinking maybe +33?) Also! Is 65R too much? Should we keep it at 265/60R17? Rubbing?

I have also seen some ESPELIR lift Springs lift springs with rubber stoppers that claims that "The durability and sag resistance follow the conventional Esperiaism, and the vehicle height can be easily increased with the genuine absorber. Raise: Front +15-20mm / Rear +15-20mm. Spring Rate: Front 4.6kg / Rear 5.47kg." Would this create more instability within the drive? Are there also any aftermarket sway bars or bracing that will help?

Will any of these mods affect the reliability of the car? I am completely aware of some of the drawbacks like worse MPG or the AWD system tending to overheat if continuously throttling while the car is stuck.

I want to know everything anyone has to say about this that will better assist me on making a final decision as well as to satisfy my curiosity.

Thank you for your assistance and for helping out.

Reference*
Old 01-30-24, 07:07 PM
kenleystunts
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PapiLexi
The article that spoke about this specific NX stated that it's wheel setup consisted of 265/65R17 All-terrane tires & 17 x 7J wheels. Unfortunately it didn't include the offset so please help me out here figuring out what would be the best offset to acquire (thinking maybe +33?) Also! Is 65R too much? Should we keep it at 265/60R17? Rubbing?
Do you have a link to this article! I wanna read more, not sure about tire sizing but I look would def just see what’s available and measure

I have also seen some ESPELIR lift Springs lift springs with rubber stoppers that claims that "The durability and sag resistance follow the conventional Esperiaism, and the vehicle height can be easily increased with the genuine absorber. Raise: Front +15-20mm / Rear +15-20mm. Spring Rate: Front 4.6kg / Rear 5.47kg." Would this create more instability within the drive? Are there also any aftermarket sway bars or bracing that will help?
I wouldn’t say much about instability rather than just higher rollover risk, I think sway bars and TRD lower bracing could really help increase stability in turning or just don’t take hard turns lol

Will any of these mods affect the reliability of the car? I am completely aware of some of the drawbacks like worse MPG or the AWD system tending to overheat if continuously throttling while the car is stuck.
I mean off-roading alone affects the reliability of any car but I think you’re well aware of the drawbacks so just send it! I would maybe look into the JB4 to help keep tabs on the transmission temps and the extra boost will help you too

I want to know everything anyone has to say about this that will better assist me on making a final decision as well as to satisfy my curiosity.
I love the concept and can’t wait to see how you proceed!

The following users liked this post:
PapiLexi (01-31-24)
Old 01-30-24, 10:42 PM
Moulin
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, I don’t have an nx yet but plan on it this year when my job changes. I have a gti right now and live in Colorado and am suuuper over having 18”+ wheels and such and also plan on doing something similar to mine. Will never “off road” but will go on trails for hiking and such. I’d love to see what you do and how it works.

I did find this article/build and it has zero lift. It’s the 300 but should be similar enough I think? This is the route I’d prefer to go but here’s the link so you can check it: https://offroadium.com/lexus-nx300-w...m-t-tires.html
PapiLexi (01-31-24)
Old 01-31-24, 05:03 AM
bt10
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

LP Adventures is a good resource for you to check out. They do off road work for dealer installed type conversions as well, so obviously reputable. They will have a lift kit and max tire sizes listed. Most parts cover the entire Rav4/NX line up, with some as Prime/450h specific. It looks like he listed the wheel offset as +38 (?) at the bottom of the article .

My wife wouldn't let this happen to her NX, but I've dreamed...

Check out the orange nx on instagram for more inspiration.

Last edited by bt10; 01-31-24 at 05:07 AM.
PapiLexi (01-31-24)
Old 01-31-24, 07:18 AM
PapiLexi
4th Gear

Originally Posted by kenleystunts
do you have a link to this article! I wanna read more, not sure about tire sizing but i look would def just see what’s available and measure

i wouldn’t say much about instability rather than just higher rollover risk, i think sway bars and trd lower bracing could really help increase stability in turning or just don’t take hard turns lol

I mean off-roading alone affects the reliability of any car but i think you’re well aware of the drawbacks so just send it! I would maybe look into the jb4 to help keep tabs on the transmission temps and the extra boost will help you too

I love the concept and can’t wait to see how you proceed!
yes! Right here! https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/lexus/36614778.html

i don't seem to find sway bars for the nx 2 (az20) model yet so i am curious to see if any new rav4 or old nx 1 sway bars might fit...

Thank you for your response and Support! <333333333
Old 01-31-24, 07:24 AM
PapiLexi
4th Gear

Thank you so much for this! I hope you can get your NX Soon too!
Old 01-31-24, 07:26 AM
PapiLexi
4th Gear

Arrow

Originally Posted by bt10
LP Adventures is a good resource for you to check out. They do off road work for dealer installed type conversions as well, so obviously reputable. They will have a lift kit and max tire sizes listed. Most parts cover the entire Rav4/NX line up, with some as Prime/450h specific. It looks like he listed the wheel offset as +38 (?) at the bottom of the article .

My wife wouldn't let this happen to her NX, but I've dreamed...

Check out the orange nx on instagram for more inspiration.
Thank you for the information! I will definitely take a look!