NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Have you experience any of these issues with your NX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-24, 04:35 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 580 Likes on 386 Posts
Default Have you experience any of these issues with your NX?

Old 02-03-24, 12:14 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 537 Likes on 351 Posts

Wow, that was hard to get through 25-29 , haven't experienced any. 01-24 were not on video.

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 02-03-24, 12:40 PM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by midcow3
Wow, that was hard to get through 25-29 , haven't experienced any. 01-24 were not on video.

YMMV,
MidCow3
1-24 is on other videos. Check the links in the video description
Old 02-03-24, 01:00 PM
TheCDN
Pit Crew

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts

The opener for my fuel door on my 2022 NX350h (at approx 28,000kms / 17,000 miles) has also stopped working properly recently. Just take a look around the Lexus lot when you're in there next, almost all latest generation NX and RX fuel doors look terribly aligned, with the exception of most 450's as they come from Japan. I'm of the opinion that the poor alignment is a result of the new plastic hinge assembly design.

My dealer has lubricated the little tab or latch that retracts when you push button to open it, but it hasn't fixed the problem so they've ordered parts which are naturally on backorder. If you compare the parts on the door to older cars you'll see they've gone to a new design. There is no longer a simple metal hinge for the door and a spring component that will force open the door when the latch is retracted. It now has a metal painted (matches colour of car) door that is clipped onto a black plastic hinge assembly, and the hinge assembly is attached within the body panel somehow. There must be a spring of some sort used to push open the door that, on my car anyways, is broken. If I try to open it manually by pulling on the hidden lever found in trunk it never wants to 'pop' open. As those who have this problem will know, you have to somehow try to pry it open with a credit card, your finger nails or something to make it swing open.

There also must be some kind of monitor for this door assembly setup on the car as when it first happened I started to get a notice on dash saying something like 'ready for fuel'. But of course I'm at the gas station with people waiting, can't get my door opened, don't have anything to pick open the access cover in trunk to access hidden emergency pull handle, so I left to go back home. As I'm driving home this notice kept on coming up even though I cleared it. Somehow it knew the flap didn't open or the car wasn't receiving fuel. Anyways now when it's time to fill up I have to pop the rear hatch, with everyone thinking I'm that idiot that doesn't know how to push the button to open my gas door, take both arms and 'hug' my car's left rear quarter and wiggle the door to open with my left hand while tugging on the emergency pull lever at same time with my right hand!! I think it's optional if you want to stand on one foot while doing this!

Last edited by TheCDN; 02-03-24 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-03-24, 02:54 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 537 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by lsft
1-24 is on other videos. Check the links in the video description
You mean the "info" button. Got it but I think I will pass on looking at the other videos.

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 02-03-24, 04:00 PM
Kenasch
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Lesus Problems

[QUOTE=lsft;11662336]
[/QUOTE

Instead of watching those long videos, could you just list the problems for us? Thanks.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kenasch:
mplsrube (02-04-24), Randyp1234 (02-03-24), romer (02-27-24)
Old 02-03-24, 04:51 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by TheCDN
The opener for my fuel door on my 2022 NX350h (at approx 28,000kms / 17,000 miles) has also stopped working properly recently. Just take a look around the Lexus lot when you're in there next, almost all latest generation NX and RX fuel doors look terribly aligned, with the exception of most 450's as they come from Japan. I'm of the opinion that the poor alignment is a result of the new plastic hinge assembly design.

My dealer has lubricated the little tab or latch that retracts when you push button to open it, but it hasn't fixed the problem so they've ordered parts which are naturally on backorder. If you compare the parts on the door to older cars you'll see they've gone to a new design. There is no longer a simple metal hinge for the door and a spring component that will force open the door when the latch is retracted. It now has a metal painted (matches colour of car) door that is clipped onto a black plastic hinge assembly, and the hinge assembly is attached within the body panel somehow. There must be a spring of some sort used to push open the door that, on my car anyways, is broken. If I try to open it manually by pulling on the hidden lever found in trunk it never wants to 'pop' open. As those who have this problem will know, you have to somehow try to pry it open with a credit card, your finger nails or something to make it swing open.

There also must be some kind of monitor for this door assembly setup on the car as when it first happened I started to get a notice on dash saying something like 'ready for fuel'. But of course I'm at the gas station with people waiting, can't get my door opened, don't have anything to pick open the access cover in trunk to access hidden emergency pull handle, so I left to go back home. As I'm driving home this notice kept on coming up even though I cleared it. Somehow it knew the flap didn't open or the car wasn't receiving fuel. Anyways now when it's time to fill up I have to pop the rear hatch, with everyone thinking I'm that idiot that doesn't know how to push the button to open my gas door, take both arms and 'hug' my car's left rear quarter and wiggle the door to open with my left hand while tugging on the emergency pull lever at same time with my right hand!! I think it's optional if you want to stand on one foot while doing this!
My wife told me her fuel door is starting to act up. I'm thinkin about a piece of duct tape stuck to the inside of teh door poking out until we see what hoops we have to jump through to get the dealer to get replacement parts ordered.
The following users liked this post:
lsft (02-04-24)
Old 02-03-24, 04:52 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

[QUOTE=Kenasch;11662615]
https://youtu.be/uFVlGduTj3I[/QUOTE

Instead of watching those long videos, could you just list the problems for us? Thanks.
But then you can't get the video viewing count higher.
lsft (02-04-24)
Old 02-04-24, 06:53 AM
lsft
Racer

[QUOTE=Kenasch;11662615]
https://youtu.be/uFVlGduTj3I[/QUOTE

Thanks for the feedback, next video - I'll list them at the beginning so that you can stop watching after the list is displayed.
Old 02-04-24, 09:14 AM
Htrain
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I have not experienced any of these on my 2022 NX450h+
lsft (02-05-24)
Old 02-04-24, 06:40 PM
NX450Guy
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

I have a 24 450, non of those issues. Your website is really helpful.
lsft (02-05-24)
Old 02-27-24, 10:00 AM
TheCDN
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TheCDN

• My car's in the shop today, getting new parts installed for my faulty fuel door release!
  • Had them test my battery and according to the service advisor it's had a new 600CCA AGM Lexus battery replaced today too!
  • Had them check my wireless charger and advised of the new updated part number for it: 2022 Lexus NX Wireless Phone Charger new p/n : 861C0-F6010 , they advised it wasn't functioning correctly and have ordered the new part which will be coming in tomorrow so they've kept it overnight to install tomorrow!
Today's my lucky day!
Thanks to all for sharing all your challenges with these common issues. Your info has helped me get these items fixed.
Old 02-27-24, 10:08 AM
rational
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I logged in to the forum to see if someone can help me open my stuck charging port door. Interesting to see #25 here, pointing to the charge port door, but is described as "fuel door". Nope, on my 2024 NX 450 that is the location of the charge port.
Old 02-27-24, 10:16 AM
TheCDN
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by rational
I logged in to the forum to see if someone can help me open my stuck charging port door. Interesting to see #25 here, pointing to the charge port door, but is described as "fuel door". Nope, on my 2024 NX 450 that is the location of the charge port.

Just checked online for you and it looks like the 450h+ charging port door is on the passenger side and the gasoline door is on the left.

Mind you, I think that both these doors and the ones found on the RX lineup are using similar door assemblies. I was told by my service manager that Lexus new design is using plastic components for the hinge and lock mechanisms on these 2 models and temperature changes are messing with their functioning. The thermal expansion and contraction of the plastic components is wreaking havoc on alignment of the door, hinges sticking, locking pins sticking etc.

Hmmm maybe some more in depth cold and hot weather testing should've been done Lexus.

Last edited by TheCDN; 02-27-24 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-27-24, 10:32 AM
rational
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for checking online, but my NX 450H has the charge port on the driver side (left hand drive in the USA). It's a bit old here today (about 32 F) and the car is outside, so maybe that's playing a role. I'll try blowing some hot air.

Quick Reply: Have you experience any of these issues with your NX?