NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

New software update

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-24, 10:15 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Plgomez89
Just updated and it does feel zippier. Hopefully it improves apple carplay from not connecting often.
This update makes the car quicker? More hP?
The following users liked this post:
LiBeRtAs (02-08-24)
Old 02-08-24, 10:29 AM
2022NX350
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
This update makes the car quicker? More hP?
I think he meant the touch screen reacts a little quicker, I doubt this update makes the car faster.
CindyZ (04-24-24)
Old 02-08-24, 10:40 AM
mplsrube
9th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Went to check for the update and.....

Either the latest update came with the car (I bought it in December) or the update (2050) was installed automatically. Didn't know that was an option.
Old 02-08-24, 11:33 AM
MidCitiesMildMan
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mplsrube
Either the latest update came with the car (I bought it in December) or the update (2050) was installed automatically. Didn't know that was an option.
Same. I bought mine new in late December and it was at 2050 when I checked yesterday.
Old 02-08-24, 11:35 AM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

my 350h bought in october at 2050, no actions on my part.
Old 02-08-24, 11:37 AM
tkb13
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

still waiting for this update on the 23” RX…odd that they don’t roll this out to all of their lineups
Old 02-08-24, 12:17 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 577 Likes on 385 Posts

Not big changes but some funny things found. Also watch the end regarding the GX Lexus Interface.

Old 02-08-24, 12:41 PM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 232 Likes on 160 Posts

It downloaded first then 3 lines were installing. First was navigation, 2nd was voice activation and the 3rd was vehicle parameters. Haven't looked at what any of that was as yet, just let it all load before shutting off the engine. It appeared as we were driving. Had to stop to accept the terms then the download proceeded as we carried on home.
lsft (02-08-24)
Old 02-09-24, 07:04 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 544 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by lsft
Not big changes but some funny things found. Also watch the end regarding the GX Lexus Interface.
Out of curiosity, the "winter gloves mode", is that referring to the steering wheel buttons or the screen? Reason I'm curious is that, since I have the regular fixed purpose steering wheel buttons I don't see that option, but in your video I didn't notice if you had the screen sensitivity settings that I would use to adjust the screen to work better with gloves. Always interested in understanding differences...

And yea, on the GX, keeping the Lexus interface menu strip visible while AA or ACP is displayed, that is ABSOLUTE GOLD! Definitely needed on the NX, I want that now! No, yesterday!

I think the new AWD screen could potentially mark a major milestone for Lexus? Not that the graphics are that special, definitely prettier, but outside of the higher res graphics, probably not much nicer that the graphics on my 2010 RX - I miss the animated rotating tires that my RX had . The blue/purple drive blocks look to be a bit quicker reacting too. But I do notice one inconsistency (not quite a bug, but close) that was not changed, when stopped at a light with foot on brake, the screen shows no blue drive blocks. But if you use brake hold at a red light, it shows blue drive blocks even still stopped with brakes applied. Anyway, the milestone I speak of, correct me if I'm wrong, possibly the first time Lexus has ever improved something on a previous year(s) model that was done solely for the sake of just being nicer. Not a bug fix, not a drivability fix, or a TSB, or anything but a good old fashion improvement just because they could. It uplifts my faith in humanity by at least 1.83%

Last edited by Droid13; 02-09-24 at 07:08 AM.
Old 02-09-24, 09:45 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 232 Likes on 160 Posts

It hasn't been that long time or distance wise and the weather is incredibly nice right now, but it seems to me that eco mode seems to stick on longer with the electric motors running more resulting in better mileage. I have it set to normal mode, I'm talking about the time it runs in eco mode before the ICE engine kicks in. My overall mileage is right a 7 L/100 KM, has been there for the last couple of weeks. I guess we'll see over time if that reduces or not, proving or not my impression.

Last edited by JasDmw; 02-09-24 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-09-24, 07:31 PM
Plgomez89
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It’s been a couple of days now and the interface is definitely more responsive. I drive quite a bit throughout the day and usually had carplay not want to connect at least once a day. No issues connecting at all in the last couple of days. Hope it stays that way. That was one of my biggest pet peeves about the car. I bought a lexus for the same reason I buy an iphone. I expect it to just work. Other pet peeve is the wireless charger.
lsft (02-10-24)
Old 02-10-24, 05:02 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 107 Posts

What dates have all the software updates occurred? It seems they waited a long time to release this one.
Old 02-10-24, 06:34 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by Droid13
Out of curiosity, the "winter gloves mode", is that referring to the steering wheel buttons or the screen? Reason I'm curious is that, since I have the regular fixed purpose steering wheel buttons I don't see that option, but in your video I didn't notice if you had the screen sensitivity settings that I would use to adjust the screen to work better with gloves. Always interested in understanding differences...

And yea, on the GX, keeping the Lexus interface menu strip visible while AA or ACP is displayed, that is ABSOLUTE GOLD! Definitely needed on the NX, I want that now! No, yesterday!

I think the new AWD screen could potentially mark a major milestone for Lexus? Not that the graphics are that special, definitely prettier, but outside of the higher res graphics, probably not much nicer that the graphics on my 2010 RX - I miss the animated rotating tires that my RX had . The blue/purple drive blocks look to be a bit quicker reacting too. But I do notice one inconsistency (not quite a bug, but close) that was not changed, when stopped at a light with foot on brake, the screen shows no blue drive blocks. But if you use brake hold at a red light, it shows blue drive blocks even still stopped with brakes applied. Anyway, the milestone I speak of, correct me if I'm wrong, possibly the first time Lexus has ever improved something on a previous year(s) model that was done solely for the sake of just being nicer. Not a bug fix, not a drivability fix, or a TSB, or anything but a good old fashion improvement just because they could. It uplifts my faith in humanity by at least 1.83%
The winter glove mode is for the touch sensitive steering wheel controls. There is a screen sensitivity setting which I added +1 to my screen.
I do hope that the GX change will be in the NX soon. You know I have been complaining about the slow updates and non frequent updates. I hope at least once a quarter would be good enough for me. Let's see what else they can surprise us.
Old 02-10-24, 06:35 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
What dates have all the software updates occurred? It seems they waited a long time to release this one.
You can see the dates on the thumbnail of the video...
Old 02-10-24, 07:20 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

So last night I was waiting on my wife when she went in to the grocery store and was looking to see where to start this update so I could do it when we got home. While I was doing this, it started the download/update process so I cancelled it. Immediately afterwards, I went back and it said there were no updates. Will this have reset after turning off the car and today will probably show the update again?

Quick Reply: New software update