NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

New software update

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-24, 12:14 PM
2022NX350
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AM123
Awesome! I'm excited to get my update as soon as possible. I'm also looking forward to @lsftvideo explaining the changes.
I did the update this morning and would like to see a video of what they changed or improved too.
Old 06-26-24, 01:33 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by 2022NX350
I did the update this morning and would like to see a video of what they changed or improved too.
Depends when Lexus provides the detail bug list. They don't release it the same day unfortunately.
Old 06-26-24, 01:39 PM
lsft
Racer

Here is the first video on the update - but no details on the bug list. I tried the manual update via USB and didn't move forward because it downloaded a 3/22/2022 version of the update? Another bug?
I guess we will need a few days to figure out any additional fixes.

The following users liked this post:
5ive19 (07-02-24)
Old 06-26-24, 02:22 PM
Brooksguy5
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone heard anything about the side menu coming to Android Auto?
Old 06-26-24, 05:32 PM
ptung07
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes version 2170 came to my 2022 NX 450h+. It has the native sidebar in CarPlay
lsft (06-26-24)
Old 06-29-24, 09:57 AM
jeffpl
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ptung07
This update once again broke my siri texting dictation. GEESH!!!
Old 06-29-24, 11:07 AM
StefanoS
Intermediate

Received 213 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by ptung07
Is this really 2170 or is it 2070? I just downloaded 2070 two days ago for my 24 NX450h+. My 24 RX450h+ is still showing 2050, with no update yet available, despite the fact that it's build date and delivery date precedes that of my NX. Kinda looks like that they don't dole these out in chronological order.
Old 06-29-24, 03:16 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by StefanoS
Is this really 2170 or is it 2070? I just downloaded 2070 two days ago for my 24 NX450h+. My 24 RX450h+ is still showing 2050, with no update yet available, despite the fact that it's build date and delivery date precedes that of my NX. Kinda looks like that they don't dole these out in chronological order.
I would be surprised if Lexus doled updates or anything else (such as 2nd keyfobs) out in any order. That said, you are good to have on the forum as uniquely one on the forum with both 2024 NX and RX You confirm my experience that the 2024 RX hasn't been graciously blessed by Lexus with the update yet.
Old 06-29-24, 10:49 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 105 Posts

I installed the update today but it doesn’t show what version. I assume it’s 2070 but I’ll figure it out.
Old 06-30-24, 06:58 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by wrinkle
I would be surprised if Lexus doled updates or anything else (such as 2nd keyfobs) out in any order. That said, you are good to have on the forum as uniquely one on the forum with both 2024 NX and RX You confirm my experience that the 2024 RX hasn't been graciously blessed by Lexus with the update yet.
The updates should be done in waves and not everybody in one shot. If it's done all at once the servers will be overloaded in no time.
Old 06-30-24, 09:34 AM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lsft
The updates should be done in waves and not everybody in one shot. If it's done all at once the servers will be overloaded in no time.
Software updates and similar mass software distributions in the industry typically arrive from cloud-hosted servers, whose hardware rests at AWS, Azure, etc clouds. Lexus would (should?) likely have provisioned these, rather than running their own datacenters - as the cloud servers are highly available, reliable and robust - and typically also the cheapest for corporations from economies of scale. These have near-infinite elastic capacity and do not get "overloaded" - like home servers set up at someone's mom and pop's business.

More likely explanation is that Lexus is simply not ready with updates for everyone. That would match how sloppy Lexus is with the software/tech features, rolling them out and having bugs, etc. (the RX app is much less functional and with less features than the NX app, among many other things)
StefanoS (06-30-24)
Old 06-30-24, 09:54 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 573 Likes on 404 Posts

Software updates and similar mass software distributions in the industry typically arrive from cloud-hosted servers, whose hardware rests at AWS, Azure, etc clouds. Lexus would (should?) likely have provisioned these, rather than running their own datacenters - as the cloud servers are highly available, reliable and robust - and typically also the cheapest for corporations from economies of scale. These have near-infinite elastic capacity and do not get "overloaded" - like home servers set up at someone's mom and pop's business.

More likely explanation is that Lexus is simply not ready with updates for everyone. That would match how sloppy Lexus is with the software/tech features, rolling them out and having bugs, etc. (the RX app is much less functional and with less features than the NX app, among many other things)
That is assuming Lexus is willing to pay for the privilege. AWS/Azure doesn't hand out capacity for free.
Old 06-30-24, 09:59 AM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Droid13
That is assuming Lexus is willing to pay for the privilege. AWS/Azure doesn't hand out capacity for free.
Lexus running its own datacenters for something of small scale as few 10's of thousands of car updates will almost certainly be more expensive than renting elastic Cloud capacity when needed - especially since Lexus updates and software distributions happens once in a year or so, at best. Unless Lexus is managed really as a mom and pop business that doesn't really know these software industry matters.
StefanoS (06-30-24)
Old 06-30-24, 10:12 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 573 Likes on 404 Posts

Lexus running its own datacenters for something of small scale as few 10's of thousands of car updates will almost certainly be more expensive than renting elastic Cloud capacity when needed - especially since Lexus updates and software distributions happens once in a year or so, at best. Unless Lexus is managed really as a mom and pop business that doesn't really know these software industry matters.
Certainly yes, that's why Azure and AWS exist. But wanting to save money using a cloud provider doesn't automatically imply they bought the top shelf diamond stuffed platinum hosting package complete with unlimited peak capacity options if instead they can take alternative steps to balance their load. I manage a small Azure implementation (far smaller than anything Lexus would do admittedly), but I see in Microsoft's case for Azure they charge for every single byte and CPU tick and peak capacity allocations tend to be even more expensive because you aren't paying for it all the time, so it becomes a premium service as the cloud providers need to have the capacity on stand by. Nothing is free...
romer (06-30-24)
Old 06-30-24, 10:32 AM
TheCDN
Intermediate

Received 124 Likes on 90 Posts

On a completely NOT technical matter, Lexus can pretty much guaranty that hardly any of it's current users of their (delayed) subscription services will see 'sign ups' at owners expense as they begin to expire soon, with this kind of current handling of OTA updates. Toyota maybe, Hyundai / Kia and others, but a so called luxury brand deciding to enter into into this subscription services business model without what appears to be little preparation or study on what's needed, seems to have shot themselves in the proverbial foot on the successful future of this particular income stream.

Quick Reply: New software update