NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

NX450h+ Delivery in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-24, 11:27 AM
kck88
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I ordered mine on Oct 2022(base), then at the end of Feb 2023, dealer told me there's one available and will be in production soon, just with different interior color, so I took it, and picked it up at the end of April 2023, so total about 7 months wait.
The following users liked this post:
lsft (03-12-24)
Old 03-13-24, 06:13 AM
rx300mm
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Surprise call yesterday from Lexus, my 450+ arrived early and its in Toronto, should get it in couple of weeks.

Questi@lsft I was informed by Lexus to install vechicle immobilizer, its extra $2k, is it worth it for additional anti-theft system?
lsft (03-13-24)
Old 03-13-24, 06:49 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by rx300mm
Surprise call yesterday from Lexus, my 450+ arrived early and its in Toronto, should get it in couple of weeks.

Questi@lsft I was informed by Lexus to install vechicle immobilizer, its extra $2k, is it worth it for additional anti-theft system?
That is good news that your NX450h+ has arrived. I think you need to understand what type of immobilizer it is. Definitely if installed by the dealership, you won't have any warranty issues. Do you park your car in the garage or you park outside? If you park in a garage, the risk of being stolen is definitely lower. As reported before the CANBUS on the new NX is encrypted and the previous CANBUS attack cannot happen at this point - it could be figured out sooner or later. They can still use the OBD port to duplicate another set of keys and be able to still drive it away. With that being said, if it's an IGLA system, I would say go for it and it will give you peace of mine. But if you do not wish to spend the extra $2k, and you park in the garage most of the time, protecting your OBD port and sleeping your keyfob would help reduce the risk of being stolen. Plus the NX is not as in high demand for being stolen in comparison to the RX. For example: York Region has 58 Lexus stolen this year and 3 were NXs. It does not say if it is the new NX or the previous gen NX. I would assume that it would be the previous gen, as that one could be stolen with the CANBUS attack.

Hope this helps. What colour and package is your NX?
Old 03-13-24, 09:38 AM
rx300mm
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lsft
That is good news that your NX450h+ has arrived. I think you need to understand what type of immobilizer it is. Definitely if installed by the dealership, you won't have any warranty issues. Do you park your car in the garage or you park outside? If you park in a garage, the risk of being stolen is definitely lower. As reported before the CANBUS on the new NX is encrypted and the previous CANBUS attack cannot happen at this point - it could be figured out sooner or later. They can still use the OBD port to duplicate another set of keys and be able to still drive it away. With that being said, if it's an IGLA system, I would say go for it and it will give you peace of mine. But if you do not wish to spend the extra $2k, and you park in the garage most of the time, protecting your OBD port and sleeping your keyfob would help reduce the risk of being stolen. Plus the NX is not as in high demand for being stolen in comparison to the RX. For example: York Region has 58 Lexus stolen this year and 3 were NXs. It does not say if it is the new NX or the previous gen NX. I would assume that it would be the previous gen, as that one could be stolen with the CANBUS attack.

Hope this helps. What colour and package is your NX?
Thanks for explaining immobilizer, I will ask the dealership for more details. I ordered ultra premium, atomic silver, red seats.
lsft (03-13-24)
Old 03-15-24, 04:53 AM
chanpai
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rx300mm
Thanks for explaining immobilizer, I will ask the dealership for more details. I ordered ultra premium, atomic silver, red seats.
Are you able to find out what kind of immobilizer your dealership is going to install? My Lexus dealership is suggesting me to install a immobilizer as well.

Wonder if it will save me some insurance premium too?